WAS SO PREDICTABLE AND LAZY
FOR A HEART FELT MOMENT...

ALSO CREED KNOCKING
DAME UNCONSCIOUS 20 SECONDS
AFTER BEING KNOCKED DOWN WAS
WEAK.

:devil:
:evil:

Really great scene with Momma Creed, but within the context of the movie it felt forced and tacked on.

Yea and that had the same beat as part 2. No problem with the direction that took but they didnt build up to it.

HE WAS PRISON GANG RELATED
SO HE LINKED WITH THE HOMIES
WHEN HE GOT OUT.

IT JUST WASNT SHOWN ON SCREEN
THE SAME WAY THEY DIDNT SHOW
HIM PUT A HIT OUT ON DRAGO.

:devil:
:evil:

Right before he goes to talk to Bianca you can see him in the background talking to dude who took out Drago.
I know it's a movie but it really took me out of it that an old dude fresh out of jail would beat the current heavyweight champ in devastating fashion and then take the former heavyweight champ to the last seconds of the last round.

What athletic commission would even sanction the first fight? :what:

Also how come Dame didn't use any of those dirty tricks in the last fight? They even said he was going to attack Creeds injuries but instead they just slug it out.

I know it's a movie so anything goes just pointing out plot holes
Felt like some Undisputed shyt. Again just more time spent with Dame would have helped the flow and build up to it.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Also how come Dame didn't use any of those dirty tricks in the last fight? They even said he was going to attack Creeds injuries but instead they just slug it out.
He knew the refs would likely be looking for that shyt. Even after the first round, Duke tells Adonis that he was likely going to try that shyt. I think he tries to go at his shoulder once but Adonis avoids it.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People talking about
Dame getting the chance too fast
I’m watching Rocky 1
This shyt is very on brand with the franchise :russ:
Rocky had no rank and was just out here fighting:pachaha:

Rocky still had 64 fights and was just a stay busy fight. It’s far fetched that he would get a title but different situation.

Last edited:

MyApps

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
The only real way to have a Creed 3 is to basically remake Rocky 1 but from the perspective of Adonis as the old fighter with 1 last fight in him, similar to Apollo.

Have very brief mentions of his final opponent up until they fight so he is a total mystery.

Go into the psychology and mindset of Adonis prior to the fight.

Make the fight much more difficult for Adonis than he imagined. The climax should be The audience doesn't know who won the fight, but it doesn't matter because the opponent dies from the bout. Adonis retires.
That's funny.

Raw Lyrics

Sunset Park
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I enjoyed this movie better than the first two Creeds, and that's saying a lot because I liked the first two Creeds as well.

Props to MJB on his directorial debut.

It was an entertaining two hours, I wasn't expecting to see an Academy Award winning movie tbh.

Raw Lyrics

Sunset Park
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
:wow:

I've had my critique of MBJ as an actor over the years but he might have something behind that camera. And this ironically may have been his best performance out of all 3 movies

I agree. A few years ago Stallone was quoted as saying directing and starring in a movie enhanced his performance because as a director he could redo scenes until he liked his performance.

I'm sure MBJ did the same, I enjoyed his performance.

Raw Lyrics

Sunset Park
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
As others mentioned it’s a little bit of a reach but it is grounded in some reality:

I really enjoyed it. Great acting performances and the story was dope. Majors is the best villain out of any Rocky film. MBJ did a good job on his debut. Looking forward to more of his work

Loved the movie as well, and I loved Majors performance...but Villain wise...I still have Clubber and Drago above him.

Raw Lyrics

Sunset Park
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
It's better without that cac. :mjgrin:

Because Rocky was a pro-white/anti-Black propaganda franchise where Rocky is almost always paired up against and beats Black fighters in virtually every movie :mjpls:

But this film by contrast is about the Black experience with a personal conflict between the two boxers because they were best friends. So instead of a Creed or Rocky fighting some generic fighter which doesn't mean anything you have two people who've known each other since they were teenagers giving serious significance to their conflict.

Which probably explains why people liked it more.

Stallone basically called the Black man God, when he created... Apollo. And he lost to him in the first fight, barely beat him in the second, and lost the third fight in the gym.

Also, Rocky needed Apollo's help in beating Lang and Lang beat Rocky first. Also, Drago and Tommy Morrison weren't black.

:manny:

ArchStanton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Another thing about the Creed franchise I dig is the opponents are three dimensional and not villains. Rocky wasn’t like that.
Apollo was a great antagonist (I wouldn't call him a villain) with depth but yeah, in III and IV they became basically cartoons (though they are both epic and Clubber did have a legit gripe since Rocky was ducking him due to Mickey). They tried to give Gunn and Dixon some depth but not like the Creed antagonists. Dixon was at least shown to be a decent guy.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Apollo was a great antagonist (I wouldn't call him a villain) with depth but yeah, in III and IV they became basically cartoons (though they are both epic and Clubber did have a legit gripe since Rocky was ducking him due to Mickey). They tried to give Gunn and Dixon some depth but not like the Creed antagonists. Dixon was at least shown to be a decent guy.
I hear you, but I disagree.

I think Creed only became humanized in three and four, after he was a rival for Rocky. Before that, he was a flashy black boxer stereotype. The only difference is he was in charge of his career versus other boxers, but he was still that. We only learned about Creed the man in three and four, imo.

In Creed, we learn more about Ricky Conlan and what is pushing him and we learn about his fukked up life. In Creed 2, they fully flesh out the Dragos and the isolation they been enduring after losing to Rocky. And Creed 3 is obviously a great exploration into Dame.

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps
Really should have been split into two movies. With the first being built building Damien fully and it ending with him being champion/moms death/and the decision for Donnie to get back into the ring. Second one could have been a split decision tune up for Donnie and then the final showdown with Damien
I fully agree with this.

Me and my wife both didn't really get fulfilment with that last fight. It was dope as hell, but you didn't get that hype Creed feeling like the previous films had. I expected way more from Dame.

Plus Ed Harris stay winning, dude is phenomenal :salute: