Michael B. Jordan May Direct a 3rd Creed Film

heart

Down By Law
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
:russ: This nygga Donnie never wrote him, necer checked up on him, and was openly rooting against him in his title fight. But yet Dame is the antagonist?
Yeah I didn't get that angle and they doubled down on making him the antagonist after he won the championship by punching Adonis..

The bigger issue I had with the movie was a guy who was in prison for 18yrs who only had previously fought in Golden Gloves with NO PROFESSIONAL fights gets a shot at the championship???

Given how in real life the politics in boxing seem more political than DC itself that part of the story was hard to follow and took away the narrative for the movie for me, it just felt rushed, absurd, and all over the place with that story line.

The cinematic feel of it was good with great shots in the ring. Also Majors facial expressions are hilarious because I didn't know if he was mad and/or ready to breakdown and cry in most scenes. Overall a decent movie but not one I would ever watch again..

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Im probably being overly negative cause I rewatched Creed before this. But u could have swapped out MBJ for Michael Jai White and it would have felt exactly like one of his movies. Not that it aint good....should have been great tho.
Yeaaaa...I'm not seeing that at all. People like to hate on MBJ but he definitely has more range than Michael Jai White :mjlol:

VoxSphere74

Banned
Daps
Im probably being overly negative cause I rewatched Creed before this. But u could have swapped out MBJ for Michael Jai White and it would have felt exactly like one of his movies. Not that it aint good....should have been great tho.

Nah. Michael Jai White has been straight B-movie status for years for a reason.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah I didn't get that angle and they doubled down on making him the antagonist after he won the championship by punching Adonis..

The bigger issue I had with the movie was a guy who was in prison for 18yrs who only had previously fought in Golden Gloves with NO PROFESSIONAL fights gets a shot at the championship???

Given how in real life the politics in boxing seem more political than DC itself that part of the story was hard to follow and took away the narrative for the movie for me, it just felt rushed, absurd, and all over the place with that story line.

The cinematic feel of it was good with great shots in the ring. Also Majors facial expressions are hilarious because I didn't know if he was mad and/or ready to breakdown and cry in most scenes. Overall a decent movie but not one I would ever watch again..

I already clowned the storyline when the trailer came out. It’s a damn shame because I really think if they took the story seriously, they could have put together a classic.

HimmyHendrix

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
The End
Really should have been split into two movies. With the first being built building Damien fully and it ending with him being champion/moms death/and the decision for Donnie to get back into the ring. Second one could have been a split decision tune up for Donnie and then the final showdown with Damien

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
Just got back from seeing this. I thought it was good. Only issue I had is there were certain parts I thought it transitioned too fast

Would’ve liked to see them showing more promo for the Dame/Chavez fight as well as Creed/Dame. I know they had the All Access for Dame/Chavez and then Adonis appeared on First Take, but it just seemed like it moved too quick to the fight happening.

I would have to think about how I rank the Creed movies. Been a minute since I saw the first two, but I know I enjoyed them a lot. I do remember I liked Creed better than Creed 2.

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
Another thing for y’all saying they rushed Dame’s title shot. Nevermind the fact that it was a movie, but his whole thing was how he ain’t have time to waste. Adonis was probably 35 and Dame was probably like 37. He didnt have time to rise up the ranks legitimately, so he used his relationship with Adonis to get a shot, and his insurance plan was putting young Drago out of commission. The same way they hyped up Adonis who had little experience against Conlan in the first Creed, the same way they hyped up Rocky against Apollo Creed, they did the same for Dame against Chavez

Sohh_lifted

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Dont have suspension of disbelief when watching a movie brehs...think that the film should have been a create a players journey in Fight Night instead.

Sohh_lifted

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The rumored run time from a couple months ago was 2hrs 35 min+

I wonder if he panicked after seeing people knock Wakanda Forever's run time, Coogler being his boy and all.

I still think that 2hr 10+ is the sweet spot for these kind of movies. You can tell certain scenes just needed time to breathe.

I think if Coogler would have directed this it would have been the best. You can tell Mike was a first time director cause he didnt really bring the energy or feeling during the non boxing scenes.

It was him just letting Majors carry it whenever he was on screen. However, if he had that elite camera knowledge, blocking, editing and more importantly SCORE (Ludwig) then shyt would have been GOATish.

I wish MBJ directed something else first before doing this so that he wouldnt have played it so safe in the non drama scenes and at the end. For the most he relied on the actors. Phylicia Rachad big scene is great becasue of her acting, but imagine if it had time to breathe and properly paced.

:mjlol: talk about nitpicking. As if the editing was off or the score was terrible. Dreamville did their thing. The first 2 films had Coogler and Ludwig, neither of those films were GOATish.