Michael B. Jordan May Direct a 3rd Creed Film

ArchStanton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i mean a D- is an awful score lol
I think the basic idea of Rocky falling on hard times and training an up-and-comer is a decent idea that was executed poorly. It's pretty similar to Creed when you get down to it, except Creed executes it masterfully. I do like the opening scene where we see how badly Rocky suffered from the Drago fight, the flashback scene to Mickey, and the final brawl is OK for what it is.

Hate to say this but after the first one, Adrian is a terribly unlikable character that was at her worst in V and the best thing they ever did was make her a tombstone that Rocky could talk to.

Spence

Superstar
Daps
that transition scene into the showtime boxing intro was dope af, my favorite part
Def made it feel more like a tv show (good thing) than a movie. Especially with the guest appearances from real refs, commentators, and the ring announcers. They even used the voice of Showbox which I loved during that montage.

VoxSphere74

Banned
Daps

$58 Million. Best of the franchise. Even greater box office success than predicted. :wow:

And I mentioned it before but the whole franchise started out as a boxing fantasy franchise started by Stallone for white men to imagine themselves defeating Black boxers. :mjpls:

So it's good that it's Black centric now. Because Black people needed their own franchise.

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

TV

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I guess people are forgetting that in the first Creed movie, Donnie had no professional fights before he got the title shot with Conlan. Those fights in Mexico weren't considered professional. Dame's title shot aligns to what the series deems acceptable for a title shot. He was a former golden glove and it's implied that he continued to box while in prison. Movie watchers have to learn how to turn off their brain sometimes when it comes details, especially for a universe like this.

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I guess people are forgetting that in the first Creed movie, Donnie had no professional fights before he got the title shot with Conlan. Those fights in Mexico weren't considered professional. Dame's title shot aligns to what the series deems acceptable for a title shot. He was a former golden glove and it's implied that he continued to box while in prison. Movie watchers have to learn how to turn off their brain sometimes when it comes details, especially for a universe like this.
They were professional. He had a 15-0 record

Creed was basically Devin Haney before Devin Haney :dead:

TV

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They were professional. He had a 15-0 record

Creed was basically Devin Haney before Devin Haney :dead:
Nah they weren't. Conlan's manager used those fights to make Creed appear to be a legitimate contender along with Donnie using the Creed name. It was a way to hype the fight. Donnie initially wanted to use his Mom's last name, Johnson.

BobbyBooshay

Arnold Jackson
Daps
Reppin
London
Not bad, the fighting prob best seen in a boxing film, was like Fight Night game lol

The setup by Majors to give the gut punch to MBJ was so good.

Majors is huge, one of his PTs is English and lived near me, he was in UK version of Gladiators. Like Ant Man, Majors was really good.

Obvious ending was obvious

TV

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My only complaints about the movie was that their ring entrances were weak compared to the others in the Creed series. The montage seemed to be really short and didn't carry a lot of emotion. Those montages supposed to get the audience hype for the final fight.

I really enjoyed the movie and look forward to what is next.