Michael B. Jordan May Direct a 3rd Creed Film

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Nah they weren't. Conlan's manager used those fights to make Creed appear to be a legitimate contender along with Donnie using the Creed name. It was a way to hype the fight. Donnie initially wanted to use his Mom's last name, Johnson.
Ok but none of that changes the fact that they're actually "professional fights". You don't have be fighting ranked contenders for a fight to be considered professional. Just go look at some of the journeyman on boxrec.

BobbyBooshay

Arnold Jackson
Daps
Reppin
London
My only complaints about the movie was that their ring entrances were weak compared to the others in the Creed series. The montage seemed to be really short and didn't carry a lot of emotion. Those montages supposed to get the audience hype for the final fight.

I really enjoyed the movie and look forward to what is next.

Mexican entrance was by far the best

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
lets also talk about how this is one of the best black people movies i've seen in a LONG time

first, its pure black excellence. A healthy well balanced household in a mansion with a gifted daughter...their arguments are conversations...they are successful, both of them, and adonis drives nothing but rolls royces.

Secondly, this movie is about black men forgiving black men for transgressions, accepting their own faults and mistakes in love [EDIT - i meant 'in life,' between Adonis and Dame, but 'mistakes in love' still applies regarding Adonis' marriage] , and brotherhood. And its acted well enough you feel it when they're eating a meal, sharing a drink, FIGHTING, and making amends.

Thirdly, there are nothing but masculine black men all thru the movie. I'm not on no he-man red pill or hating shyt, but the main characters, the trainers, every black man on this show is shown in a positive light. Even Dame was looking out for his brother when he got arrested, and he was the antagonist...and he made amends at the end.

I'd put this above woman king, BP2, etc for black excellence of the year tbh.

Last edited:

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Congrats to Michael B Jordan on an amazing Directorial Debut. Best film in the Trilogy and one of the best Rocky Films. Love the fights, drama and action. Definitely remind me of "Rocky III" and a little "Rocky V". Also Congrats to Jonathan Majors. It's amazing to be a good villain in back to back blockbusters (Though I'm hearing Ant-Man wasn't the greatest but he still stole the show) but also being #1 and #2 at the Box Office is an amazing feat for anyone. That's crazy it's both Part 3's of a Trilogy he came in on. As for Stallone, yeah I'm hearing he's salty. I know Rocky is his baby that he created. He did say Rocky was retired and that Michael will be taking the franchise forward. I don't know what happen after that but he seems to be mad at the Producers specially Irwin Winkler.

Look none of this has to do with Michael or Ryan Coogler who both came to Stallone with the Creed Spin off Idea. Stallone was a young writer when he sold the rights to Rocky to the Studio. He may regret it now but again it has nothing to with Michael. Sure a Cameo could have happen but they went in a new direction. He should be happy that Michael is keeping Rocky's legacy alive for a new generation. "Creed 3" is looking to be one of the highest grossing of the Franchise and Stallone is still a Producer on it. I understand Michael wanted to make a film that was more out of Rocky and Apollo's Shadow and he did that. I don't know if the "Creed" Spin off Series can go 6 films like "Rocky" did but I definitely see a 4th Film on the horizon. But Congrats to Michael. People keep talking about "Who's the next Denzel" or "Who's the next Blockbuster Black Actor" Well Michael is now leading Blockbusters and Jonathan is coming up too. Watch out for these two brothas in the future. Also "I Am Legend 2" will be another hit as well.

bce6ba64e48dff23b240c665a82ee10d

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
lets also talk about how this is one of the best black people movies i've seen in a LONG time

first, its pure black excellence. A healthy well balanced household in a mansion with a gifted daughter...their arguments are conversations...they are successful, both of them, and adonis drives nothing but rolls royces.

Secondly, this movie is about black men forgiving black men for transgressions, accepting their own faults and mistakes in love, and brotherhood. And its acted well enough you feel it when they're eating a meal, sharing a drink, FIGHTING, and making amends.

Thirdly, there are nothing but masculine black men all thru the movie. I'm not on no he-man red pill or hating shyt, but the main characters, the trainers, every black man on this show is shown in a positive light. Even Dame was looking out for his brother when he got arrested, and he was the antagonist...and he made amends at the end.

I'd put this above woman king, BP2, etc for black excellence of the year tbh.
Damn now you convinced me to buy this on blu ray when it drops.

TV

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ok but none of that changes the fact that they're actually "professional fights". You don't have be fighting ranked contenders for a fight to be considered professional. Just go look at some of the journeyman on boxrec.
Lol watch the first Creed movie. They weren't professional and they mentioned it there.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Congrats to Michael B Jordan on an amazing Directorial Debut. Best film in the Trilogy and one of the best Rocky Films. Love the fights, drama and action. Definitely remind me of "Rocky III" and a little "Rocky V". Also Congrats to Jonathan Majors. It's amazing to be a good villain in back to back blockbusters (Though I'm hearing Ant-Man wasn't the greatest but he still stole the show) but also being #1 and #2 at the Box Office is an amazing feat for anyone. That's crazy it's both Part 3's of a Trilogy he came in on. As for Stallone, yeah I'm hearing he's salty. I know Rocky is his baby that he created. He did say Rocky was retired and that Michael will be taking the franchise forward. I don't know what happen after that but he seems to be mad at the Producers specially Irwin Winkler.

Look none of this has to do with Michael or Ryan Coogler who both came to Stallone with the Creed Spin off Idea. Stallone was a young writer when he sold the rights to Rocky to the Studio. He may regret it now but again it has nothing to with Michael. Sure a Cameo could have happen but they went in a new direction. He should be happy that Michael is keeping Rocky's legacy alive for a new generation. "Creed 3" is looking to be one of the highest grossing of the Franchise and Stallone is still a Producer on it. I understand Michael wanted to make a film that was more out of Rocky and Apollo's Shadow and he did that. I don't know if the "Creed" Spin off Series can go 6 films like "Rocky" did but I definitely see a 4th Film on the horizon. But Congrats to Michael. People keep talking about "Who's the next Denzel" or "Who's the next Blockbuster Black Actor" Well Michael is now leading Blockbusters and Jonathan is coming up too. Watch out for these two brothas in the future. Also "I Am Legend 2" will be another hit as well.

bce6ba64e48dff23b240c665a82ee10d

If Rocky ever comes back, it should be to train a fighter to beat Adonis.

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Lol watch the first Creed movie. They weren't professional and they mentioned it there.

Holiday: Thanks for taking the time. I'll get right to it. My guy needs to fight in the next six months and we've beaten everybody.

Adonis: You want me to fight Conlan?

Holiday: I think it would be a very wise move. You've been down in Mexico doing pro fights, eh? I've got you as 15-0 down there. And with the Sporino fight, that makes you 16-0. Now, nobody needs to know these fights were in some hole in the wall, do they, eh?

Straight from the script. You were saying :comeon:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Holiday: Thanks for taking the time. I'll get right to it. My guy needs to fight in the next six months and we've beaten everybody.

Adonis: You want me to fight Conlan?

Holiday: I think it would be a very wise move. You've been down in Mexico doing pro fights, eh? I've got you as 15-0 down there. And with the Sporino fight, that makes you 16-0. Now, nobody needs to know these fights were in some hole in the wall, do they, eh?

Straight from the script. You were saying :comeon:

Yep Adonis had pro fights. He just didn't have fights against top contenders to justify a title shot.

The_Truth

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I saw it yesterday. I think it's alright. It's missing something.

One thing the Rocky franchise did well is that it made the audience empathize with Rocky because he had such an endearing personality. But I found it damn near impossible to empathize with Adonis in this film. He wasn't that likable.