Michael B. Jordan May Direct a 3rd Creed Film

ArchStanton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
As a hardcore boxing fan there were some things in this movie that was like not even possible. As a whole this movie was :ohlawd:..MBJ did his thing on the directing tip. Jonathan Majors introduced his new variant Kang Damien and was a hell of an antagonist. Entertaining as hell.
Yeah the Rocky films have always played loose with reality and keep it just plausible enough to where you can buy in for a film. Carl Weathers had to sell the hell out of the first one--snow-white underdog, land of opportunity--to make it seem like Rocky would really get a shot at the title. This one was a bit similar where they claimed there weren't any contenders ready to take the fight with Felix. Dame must have really done his homework before they took out Drago!

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
As a hardcore boxing fan there were some things in this movie that was like not even possible. As a whole this movie was :ohlawd:..MBJ did his thing on the directing tip. Jonathan Majors introduced his new variant Kang Damien and was a hell of an antagonist. Entertaining as hell.
I said that with Creed II. Ain't no way a fight would have been allowed between him and Drago's giant ass:russ:. The movie has heart though. I want to see what MBJ does next.

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Yeah the Rocky films have always played loose with reality and keep it just plausible enough to where you can buy in for a film. Carl Weathers had to sell the hell out of the first one--snow-white underdog, land of opportunity--to make it seem like Rocky would really get a shot at the title. This one was a bit similar where they claimed there weren't any contenders ready to take the fight with Felix. Dame must have really done his homework before they took out Drago!
But it played drago perfectly for a spin-off too which was reportedly
Cuz of what happened
drago never fought felix which he I feel probably beat felix and sparred with adonis but was never really that hurt in movie except getting jumped outta the blue and training Adonis

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps

I didn't like Carl Weathers part in Rocky II when I watched it recently. They really had less of him in the movie. His part in 3 was great. Eye of the Tiger. This guy :damn: had a better part in 2 than 1 and

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
i was surprised they actually mentioned this in the movie

the plothole of adonis creed's half siblings..it will be interesting if the next creed deals with that
Refresh my memory why it's a plothole?

Is it cause

they never mentioned donny before?

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Refresh my memory why it's a plothole?

Is it cause

they never mentioned donny before?

because in rocky 2 it showed apollo creed had 2 other kids but they were never mentioned at all never mind shown in the other creed movies until 3

ArchStanton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I didn't like Carl Weathers part in Rocky II when I watched it recently. They really had less of him in the movie. His part in 3 was great. Eye of the Tiger. This guy :damn: had a better part in 2 than 1 and
I liked Apollo in II--he was embarrassed and wanted a rematch from the Italian chicken. And I liked when he admitted to Rocky in the hospital that he gave him his best. But Tony Burton is always great, no argument from me there.

One nice touch--in Creed II Rocky told Adonis he could have a big trophy case like his dad and in III he did. We also learned that he was the light heavyweight champion before moving up to heavyweight.

Daps

The Rocky franchise was built off unrealistic fights and scenarios that would never happen.

but damn Breh getting a title fight at the staple center for his first professional fight after doing an 18 year bid was a bit much, even for Rocky standards

:russ:

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
The Rocky franchise was built off unrealistic fights and scenarios that would never happen.

but damn Breh getting a title fight at the staple center for his first professional fight after doing an 18 year bid was a bit much, even for Rocky standards

:russ:
Yeah I’d say this is one of the most far fetched plot wise of all the movies
then painting Donny as an underdog after dude literally had one pro fight under his belt was laughable

ArchStanton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They tried to say a big reason he was an underdog was because Creed was washed up (Stephen A. Smith said as much on his show). Of course Damien was older than him by a year or two I think, though he wouldn't have the years of fight injuries that Adonis had.

Frankly going 12 rounds with Adonis and knocking him down was more impressive than beating Felix since he got away with all those dirty moves in the Felix fight.