Michael B. Jordan May Direct a 3rd Creed Film

ArchStanton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Slight spoiler but not really. They didn’t mention Rocky at all in this. Not even a whisper. I know there’s beef right now but I thought that was a little nasty
Damien mentioned how Rocky got the fight from Apollo without deserving it and Adonis did the "one step at a time" bit Rocky taught him in Creed 1 before the fight. There was also a poster of Rocky from Rocky III hanging in Creed and Duke's gym. But you are correct that his current whereabouts weren't mentioned and it was kind of glaring a couple of times where you can't tell me Rocky wouldn't have been there. But oh well I guess.

The Creed series and even the Rocky films, though a little more cartoonish at times, have always done a good job of making you understand the opponent and sympathize and even root for them at times with the exception of Drago in IV. Even Clubber Lang had a point that Rocky was ducking him.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
:damn:

Hell of a directorial debut for MBJ. Majors was AMAZING as the antagonist. Film stayed patient with building up Dame’s background and laying out his motivations enough to where you’re sympathizing with dude by the end. I found myself pulling for him heavily. Thought it was dope how it was a battle of the grays. There wasn’t really a good or bad guy in this situation.

The way Dame turned around at the beach and looked at Adonis with that red solo cup has big time meme potential.

Breh had me crackin’ up throughout. The phone-in during First Take, the media week trash-talkin’, and punkin’ the fukk outta Avon Barksdale in his own gym. :russ:

Adonis not looking after his boy is messed up and I would’ve been heated had the film not addressed this, but they did. He owns up to it at the end. Also, Dame got his name known in TWO internationally-broadcasted PPV bouts at the end of the day. That’s fukkin’ MyPlayer/Fight Night type shyt that I’m sure he reflected on after the loss. Not everyone gets that opportunity. :pachaha:

Not pressed about Stallone not being in this. Would for sure feel some type of way if he was absent in the entry film but we’re on the third installment at this point and this is fully Creed’s story. I actually applaud this movie for not bringing back a legacy character that these third films are so often desperate to do.

Put it firmly behind Creed 1. Coogler’s direction is just hard to top for me, and I found myself missing Ludwig’s composition a bit here.

I admire the way this franchise manages to change things up to keep things fresh though. Maybe that’s part of why it’s so consistent. The anime influences were not cap. The aggressive camerawork made me feel like I was right there in the ring taking those punches. There’s a crazy ass sequence in the final fight that goes hand in hand with the personal bloodshed between Creed & Anderson. Would’ve rolled my eyes at it if it was in any other film besides this one, but it fits here.

Nostalgic

Superstar
Daps
Just got out. Solid but not as good as the last 2. Biggest flaw to me is the fact that no one should be rooting against Damien. Like honestly I’m questioning anyone who isn’t rooting for him by the end of the movie
I could see how someone could hate Damien in the movie.

1. Damien fights dirty in the ring (I'm referring to the match with Felix)

2. There was no need for his (Damien) boys to beat up Drago.

3. Damien didn't need to slumb Adonis, Adonis was just trying to talk to Damien.

4. Damien slid Bianca some flowers

5. Instead of taking responsibility for his own misshapes, Damien blamed other people

Nostalgic

Superstar
Daps
Slight spoiler but not really. They didn’t mention Rocky at all in this. Not even a whisper. I know there’s beef right now but I thought that was a little nasty
Rocky was mentioned.....
(In a round about way)

When Adonis was trying to get Laura buy into the idea of a Damien vs Felix fight title fight he referred to Rocky 1

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Damien mentioned how Rocky got the fight from Apollo without deserving it and Adonis did the "one step at a time" bit Rocky taught him in Creed 1 before the fight. There was also a poster of Rocky from Rocky III hanging in Creed and Duke's gym. But you are correct that his current whereabouts weren't mentioned and it was kind of glaring a couple of times where you can't tell me Rocky wouldn't have been there. But oh well I guess.

The Creed series and even the Rocky films, though a little more cartoonish at times, have always done a good job of making you understand the opponent and sympathize and even root for them at times with the exception of Drago in IV. Even Clubber Lang had a point that Rocky was ducking him.
Rocky was mentioned.....
(In a round about way)

When Adonis was trying to get Laura buy into the idea of a Damien vs Felix fight title fight he referred to Rocky 1
Ah right they did mention him a little. I guess not how I would’ve thought they would

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I could see how someone could hate Damien in the movie.

1. Damien fights dirty in the ring (I'm referring to the match with Felix)

2. There was no need for his (Damien) boys to beat up Drago.

3. Damien didn't need to slumb Adonis, Adonis was just trying to talk to Damien.

4. Damien slid Bianca some flowers

5. Instead of taking responsibility for his own misshapes, Damien blamed other people
I mean I guess but I feel like his story justified him. For example
1. He was dirty but not as bad has they painted him out to be. He simply beat that dude and they were acting like he put brass knuckles in his gloves. Bro did what he had to do
2. That was the worst one. That was foul. But once again 18 year locked up. Only shot. Do what you gotta do my guy. Had to make his own luck
3. Adonis had that one coming. Like he just slumped a civilian right before and his energy was out of pocket
4. That was sweet. That made Dame endearing if anything. Dame’s interactions with the family were great. I was waiting for him to step over the line but he was mad respectful
5. He didn’t blame Adonis for what happened to him. He didn’t blame anyone. He just thought it was foul that he ran away and literally never thought of him again. Someone who was like his brother that went through the system with him. I thought his anger was justified. Mama Creed was super wrong for that and I wish she didn’t die before he let her know. She had no business doing that. I thought the letters were gonna be on some crazy Stan shyt but from what we know, he was really just reaching out to his little Homie for years

Overall, by the end of the movie, even though Dame did some bad/ questionable shyt, I was rocking with him 100%.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
As a hardcore boxing fan there were some things in this movie that was like not even possible. As a whole this movie was :ohlawd:..MBJ did his thing on the directing tip. Jonathan Majors introduced his new variant Kang Damien and was a hell of an antagonist. Entertaining as hell.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
this was fantastic.

the fights were awesome in dolby

i do got 1 question though
we start off in 2002, and Adonis' final fight is 15 years later...doesn't this fukk u the creed time line we know of?

it's been a while since I've seen the first 2, but didn't those take place in the years they were released (2015, 2018)

although Rocky/creed is the same timeline where Rocky's kid magically aged up through one movie, even if they take place immediately after one another

Majors killed it and was great as Dame

I was :krs: when the watcher played the watcher...what was that joint that sampled it that was later in the film?

:sadcam:when his mom dies

ArchStanton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
this was fantastic.

the fights were awesome in dolby

i do got 1 question though
we start off in 2002, and Adonis' final fight is 15 years later...doesn't this fukk u the creed time line we know of?

it's been a while since I've seen the first 2, but didn't those take place in the years they were released (2015, 2018)

although Rocky/creed is the same timeline where Rocky's kid magically aged up through one movie, even if they take place immediately after one another

Majors killed it and was great as Dame

I was :krs: when the watcher played the watcher...what was that joint that sampled it that was later in the film?

:sadcam:when his mom dies
J. Cole did the soundtrack but for some reason it hasn't been released yet. I assume it will be tonight. That intro with the instrumental turning into Dre's first verse was tough.