Michael B Jordan is a mediocre actor

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Yeah I'm sure that was the reason :heh:
:mjlit:

Nah but they underestimated just how big of a hit this movie would be. Infinity War could afford a longer run time cause they knew they were making bank regardless. Less theaters (cause of run time) probably had them reluctant to do so for Black Panther.:yeshrug:

Probably cost us an even greater movie :manny:

Imo :hubie:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
He aight. He was good in BP. I'm not saying he has great range but how many actors do?

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Y'all on some bullshyt today :mjlol: he murked that role but I am talking to mfs who be stanning all these white actors tho :russ:

A great actor is a great actor. MBJ is charismatic and has that look. His talents don't equal. His best role was probably Chronicle, better than Creed. He has a niche, but they're trying to capitalize of his star power. He's romantic comedy status, or action star. The cast of BP had far more quality actors than almost any other MCU flick, so he stood out completely. Iron Man is the only movie that comes close.

As for others, Will Smith is a far better actor than MJB, especially at that age. He's not Denzel, Deniro, Jack, DDL, Leo, but he's not that far below them. He's better than the Keanu.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I think Michael B. Jordan has a flaw he cant overcome.

If you watch Black Panther he does a great job in his non verbal scenes.

His issue is he cant overcome his voice. He doesnt have a real variation in how he speaks.

Keanu Reeves still made a helluva career with not being able to change vocally much. I think Will Smith managed to change his voice just enough to show real range in other roles. So its possible he could get better.

However, he really should consider doing theater. Figure out another way to constantly work on that voice.

FlyGuy

pimp of the year
Daps
Reppin
tropicana

His issue is he cant overcome his voice. He doesnt have a real variation in how he speaks.

Keanu Reeves still made a helluva career with not being able to change vocally much. I think Will Smith managed to change his voice just enough to show real range in other roles. So its possible he could get better.

However, he really should consider doing theater. Figure out another way to constantly work on that voice.

It’s not powerful. Had the same issue with Pattman, no vocal gravitas or dynamic showing of range

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps

This is an excellent point and something I’m noticing with this generation of actors. A lot of them do Not have strong voices and they sound like us. No command at all.

This was so glaring in Just Mercy where Jamie Foxx was dominating scenes between them. That movie would have been better if MBJ didn’t sound like people I know.

Its also funny you mentioned Keanu Reeves because he spent years doing theater and still does it now.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
This is an excellent point and something I’m noticing with this generation of actors. A lot of them do Not have strong voices and they sound like us. No command at all.

This was so glaring in Just Mercy where Jamie Foxx was dominating scenes between them. That movie would have been better if MBJ didn’t sound like people I know.

Its also funny you mentioned Keanu Reeves because he spent years doing theater and still does it now.
Fair. At least Keanu tried.

Also when people say MBJ was better in The Wire or Friday Night Lights (show I just finished watching a few months ago) I can see why people think that. He almost seems like a child actor that peaked but for him it still worked out and kept getting good work.

Also it is interesting that these guys went to Yale school of acting and are some of the better ones from this generation.

Its like with sports. Maybe Michael B Jordan's development would have been better if he took a different route at a young age. Or maybe he's like Keanu, idk.

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
A great actor is a great actor. MBJ is charismatic and has that look. His talents don't equal. His best role was probably Chronicle, better than Creed. He has a niche, but they're trying to capitalize of his star power. He's romantic comedy status, or action star. The cast of BP had far more quality actors than almost any other MCU flick, so he stood out completely. Iron Man is the only movie that comes close.

As for others, Will Smith is a far better actor than MJB, especially at that age. He's not Denzel, Deniro, Jack, DDL, Leo, but he's not that far below them. He's better than the Keanu.

Underrated movie imo.

Black Excellence

All Star
Daps

Brie Larson acted CIRCLES around MBJ in Just Mercy. shyt had me bedfuddled

dangerranger

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Most of the young black actors that have manage to break into the mainstream for the last decade or so don’t have it. I like the poster who mentioned the voice thing. It’s spot on. These guys all sound the same in every role. The way they play the characters are almost always the same. They ride off their fame from one hit show of movie but they don’t have gravitas, the ability to discern the vocal and physical changes needed to make a character stand out, and they don’t challenge themselves to look better. It’s one of the reasons why they don’t seem like they are getting better. I know the topic has been debated but it’s often times the lack of training and it shows. Those who do theater show a much better range of skills and presence. This goes for trained actors in the US and especially overseas. I find that a lot of the young black actors from overseas can act circles around our young black actors that get pushed into the mainstream over here.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Most of the young black actors that have manage to break into the mainstream for the last decade or so don’t have it. I like the poster who mentioned the voice thing. It’s spot on. These guys all sound the same in every role. The way they play the characters are almost always the same. They ride off their fame from one hit show of movie but they don’t have gravitas, the ability to discern the vocal and physical changes needed to make a character stand out, and they don’t challenge themselves to look better. It’s one of the reasons why they don’t seem like they are getting better. I know the topic has been debated but it’s often times the lack of training and it shows. Those who do theater show a much better range of skills and presence. This goes for trained actors in the US and especially overseas. I find that a lot of the young black actors from overseas can act circles around our young black actors that get pushed into the mainstream over here.

Thats pretty much true for everyone in hollywood. If the actors aren’t Jews they’re most likely british