Michael B Jordan is a mediocre actor

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Since we providing receipts :mjgrin:

Movie was good, the the levity of the plot line made it a better movie than the typical marvel movies, which I don't really care for outside of avengers. MBJ's acting was a weak spot amongst his cast mates tho, breh just was flat in the delivery of his lines. :francis: that body was on point tho :whoo:

Edit: y'all who know this comic, is BP sharing tech with the world the epic backfire I'm expecting it to be?

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
he really hasnt progressed as an actor. he's just super likable. he's not any better now than he was as Wallace...if anything he was better then because he wasnt so sought after.

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Not gonna continue to dump on him. There's a new thread on this every other week it seems.

It's just funny how people are comfortable discussing his acting now compared to opening weekend.

Why didn't yall have the heart to say this 7 months ago? :jbhmm:

Do your googles. :mjpls:

ECA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He's Will Smith/Keanu Reeves status. A believable movie star but he aint Phillip Seymour Hoffman or anything

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
I literally just watched it again on Netflix a couple minutes ago and he's certainly not seeing Boseman, but I think a function of that is what he's given to work with with. All he's asked to do is be an angry black man the entire movie. Boseman is a times comedic, stoic, angry, sad, etc. The flashback with his dad is the only time Killmonger is anything but angry and that lasts a little over a minute and he shares screentime with his younger self. I think a lot of people got enamored with Killmonger's plan/motivation and overlooked how he could have been much more fleshed out and better written.

Jasonmask

Superstar
Daps
I knew that watching hardball. His acting hasn’t improved much since. Not a horrible actor though he can be utilized correctly and make a movie like creed.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
I literally just watched it again on Netflix a couple minutes ago and he's certainly not seeing Boseman, but I think a function of that is what he's given to work with with. All he's asked to do is be an angry black man the entire movie. Boseman is a times comedic, stoic, angry, sad, etc. The flashback with his dad is the only time Killmonger is anything but angry and that lasts a little over a minute and he shares screentime with his younger self. I think a lot of people got enamored with Killmonger's plan/motivation and overlooked how he could have been much more fleshed out and better written.

You can tell the writers wanted him to be some typical black American gangsta type. But it just didn’t make sense considering the character is this cerebral, cold smart hit man. But he just comes off as a bratty street rat from NY. Combined that with his lackluster skills and it justs doesn’t work. The reveal scene and the scene after he becomes king/order the heart shaped herb burned are just so bad

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
At moments in black panther he would peak to an A for me but he would level out to a B level as for as acting in that movie imo overall.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I agree/disagree

The actor was meant to be just angry with slight hints of subtlety. However, I didn't need everything explained to me about that character. Coogler always tells a story with less words if he can.

I will say that in the longer cut of the movie he's probably fleshed out more, but

One scene I wish was added was a scene between Killmonger and Nakia. They both shared the same goals just different methods. His character having a conversation with her could have developed it a bit more. There's a real deleted scene with W'Kabi and Okoye that fleshes W'Kabi out with just 2 minutes of screen time.

But you know Marvel didn't want the black film being the same movie length as Infinity War so whatever.