Michael B Jordan is a mediocre actor

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I think MBJ could be a damn good actor, but a better actor would have done a lot better here. I can’t see the argument against that.

If Sterling K. Brown was Killmonger, I think he does better.
In a vacuum yes. Sterling K crushes this role.

Just saying the dynamic would have been different for the type of film Coogler would be going for.

A more polished actor in that role would have you really thinking Killmonger was the hero.

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
rewatching BP and his performance is so jarringly bad in comparison to Bosewick, Lupita, Michonne, etc. Sucks because as we know his character is the most interesting but he does it absolutely no justice with his crappy delivery and facial expressions just to scratch the surface. He’s Tyrin Turner status

Who would you choose better between Jordan and Snipes? I know you didn't like WS much either.

FLATOP

Superstar
Daps
I agree he's stiff but when I remember the movie his scenes stand out the most

blankstairz

Superstar
Daps
He is a solid actor. Thought he did a good job in Creed.

BP has so many good actors in it, that it might have made him look like the weak link. :manny:

He lacks a certain edge. He is more Wallace than Killamonger.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Why didn't yall have the heart to say this 7 months ago? :jbhmm:

Been saying this since feb
I finally saw this. I thought the characters were some of the strongest in any marvel movie. You cared about all of them and they were all likeable. I just thought the story was weak in some spots. The CGI especially near the end was unbearable. And I’m sorry but Michael B Jordan is a very weak actor.

Is this even a question? I loved Kill story but I’ve said it again Michael B Jordan is a generic actor