Michael B Jordan is a mediocre actor

Daps
I thought he was good as Killmonger. I didn't like him in the Farenheight movie though.

Also thought he was great in fruitvale and Creed.

So overall, ill say he's a pretty good actor.:manny:
So basically without coogler he gets exposed

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I watched the movie again today too and had similar thoughts. He isnt mediocre, but he is charismatic and it brings him through. But those scenes on the maglev against Chadwick showed how much better Chadwick is than Jordan. He ran laps around him at times.
I think he's a good actor, but Boseman is just a great actor.

It works for this film because Jordan's character is basically a boy or man child struggling with his emotions and fronting. How Boseman interprets those emotions displays the growth (not only in actors) but in characters.

I actually think a more dynamic and gifted actor might have not been the proper ying/yang of those two characters.

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
I agree with the sentiment here.

He's not great on every platform of the art of acting, but he does have a niche.

I think roles like Creed, where you are trying to capture a realistic, gritty type feel. He shines. In those roles you are looking for a more natural everyday guy type of feel, where you can have flaws.

Seems like he struggles when he needs to execute a real acting performance, that's not typical or standard.

Fletch

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Dallas
See I don’t think he’s charismatic. Quite the opposite. Every line he delivered was pretty much in the same tone. I just couldn’t help to think some one like Marshalia Ali(i butchered his name I know) would have killed the role but he’s probably too old.
Ali would have been dope. He’s 43-44 so he’s only like a year older than Chadwick.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I think he's a good actor, but Boseman is just a great actor.

It works for this film because Jordan's character is basically a boy or man child struggling with his emotions and fronting. How Boseman interprets those emotions displays the growth (not only in actors) but in characters.

I actually think a more dynamic and gifted actor might have not been the proper ying/yang of those two characters.
I think MBJ could be a damn good actor, but a better actor would have done a lot better here. I can’t see the argument against that.

If Sterling K. Brown was Killmonger, I think he does better.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
I was watching yesterday and thought the same

When he was at a normal tone he was fine but the scenes where he was trying to be menacing were WOAT.

He was delivering his lines like a Power Ranger villain

The character didn’t match with his portrayal at all

Naw naw b that challenge shyt ova nahmean :birdman: