Metroid Dread

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
I always felt like Prime was trying to be like nintendo Halo
Prime was nothing like halo or any other fps game. It felt more like a 3rd person adventure game with a first person perspective. You couldn't even move while manually aiming, you had to rely on a lock on button and there was no dual analog controls, it controlled like the third person games of that era.

I don't know how you could play Prime and think its similar to halo or any other fps of that time.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Prime was nothing like halo or any other fps game. It felt more like a 3rd person adventure game with a first person perspective. You couldn't even move while manually aiming, you had to rely on a lock on button and there was no dual analog controls, it controlled like the third person games of that era.

I don't know how you could play Prime and think its similar to halo or any other fps of that time.

I meant that it felt like it was chasing the FPS boom at the time.

Daps
Yeah, i mean i kind of figured we all got through it already, and we could just keep the thread alive by open discussion

We were all discussing deathloop spoilers by this time

I don't know what the time limit before open spoilers should be, but at least a month seems good for this game since SMT V is dropping shortly after the month is up. I appreciate people not posting open spoilers because I purposely didn't buy the game so I have something to put on my Christmas list.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
I meant that it felt like it was chasing the FPS boom at the time.
No it didn't.

It felt like a metroid game with a first person perspective, it was a departure from what people considered a FPS.

This argument is like calling system shock a FPS, camera view is an extremely shallow way of determining the genre of a game.

Biblical Goon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I need to revisit the prime series but yeah i don’t think I can take the golden eye type fps control schemes in 2021

Biblical Goon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Now seeing those different concept art for her suits, would’ve been dope to have some type of heavy-duty Metroid buster suits temporarily for certain situations. They could’ve definitely utilized her suit abit more instead same ole powered up suit perks. Not complaining but just a missed opportunity

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Now seeing those different concept art for her suits, would’ve been dope to have some type of heavy-duty Metroid buster suits temporarily for certain situations. They could’ve definitely utilized her suit abit more instead same ole powered up suit perks. Not complaining but just a missed opportunity

Yeah it would benefit a game with a larger scope and budget….Dread was pretty streamlined, I barely got to use a lot of the power ups. It felt like as soon as you got one you got another that made it obsolete.
I would love a 2d Metroid game with the scope of hollow knight, where you got more time to really make use of a lot of the upgrades and yeah…gave you diverse suit upgrades you could switch around.

Even custom/mix-matching armor would be cool

Last edited:

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Samus not being able to just gently walk is a pain in the ass also. She just goes into a full on sprint and it makes it hard to dodge certain moves

I'm so pissed off that allllllll these metroid players up in here and not one person said "I wish Samus still had moonwalk"

As someone who runs through super metroid frequently I'm still heated that there's no damn moonwalk.

That being said. I'm eating this meal slowly. Savoring it. I felt like I breezed through the first emmi and boss easily. Then things settled. Then I got the morph ball and things started breezing again, I felt like I was progressing through the game wayyy faster than I would like. It really feels like once you have the morph ball you can go anywhere in the game. I would have like to see morph ball jump as an added/earnable upgrade. But it is what it is.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I'm so pissed off that allllllll these metroid players up in here and not one person said "I wish Samus still had moonwalk"

As someone who runs through super metroid frequently I'm still heated that there's no damn moonwalk.

That being said. I'm eating this meal slowly. Savoring it. I felt like I breezed through the first emmi and boss easily. Then things settled. Then I got the morph ball and things started breezing again, I felt like I was progressing through the game wayyy faster than I would like. It really feels like once you have the morph ball you can go anywhere in the game. I would have like to see morph ball jump as an added/earnable upgrade. But it is what it is.
you can see it as a good or bad thing, but the game doesn't really let you backtrack until later in the game. you might think: "I got the morph ball now, so I'm gonna go back and get that energy tank I saw" :smugdraper: ....but then there's something else blocking you from going back

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
you can see it as a good or bad thing, but the game doesn't really let you backtrack until later in the game. you might think: "I got the morph ball now, so I'm gonna go back and get that energy tank I saw" :smugdraper: ....but then there's something else blocking you from going back

ya I didn’t like that…I understand why they did it but still didn’t enjoy not being able to go back immediately and explore areas I previously couldn’t once I obtained a new ability

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

That's not wholly true.

There was really only a missle tank or 2 and maybe 1 energy part I couldn't get then I got the varia suit and got a couple of those.

There's some that are still saved for other upgrades and shyt it is what it is. I'm not upset at all. I'm still enjoying the game.