Metroid Dread

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@daze23 @papa surf

I felt once you got to dairon and went back and got the morph ball you could go all the way back and explore ataria and cataris pretty much full. Especially once you get the varia suit. I think theres more to explore that require the freeze armor and jump upgrades and maybe some blast doors or whatnot but once I got hyper beam it was within minutes I had the morph ball then varia suit.

My kid was asking me how I know where to go to find all this stuff and I'm like :manny: play enough super metroid and you kind of get a feel and make mental notes of what doors you didn't open, areas you couldn't get to before you had a certain upgrade or ability and you want to get those off your list before going forward.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
That's not wholly true.

There was really only a missle tank or 2 and maybe 1 energy part I couldn't get then I got the varia suit and got a couple of those.

There's some that are still saved for other upgrades and shyt it is what it is. I'm not upset at all. I'm still enjoying the game.
yeah, you can get some shyt, but in general it won't let you go too far back. it is some interesting level design they used to pull this off

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Last boss is ass. I might not finish this tbh. QTE are the worst things to happen to video games. And they use them in the worst possible way on the last boss. I'm low key mad as fukk but I think ima finish this and trade it for something else.

It's decent but it's not a keeper. And I play super metroid to this day.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Last boss is ass. I might not finish this tbh. QTE are the worst things to happen to video games. And they use them in the worst possible way on the last boss. I'm low key mad as fukk but I think ima finish this and trade it for something else.

It's decent but it's not a keeper. And I play super metroid to this day.

If he were any less challenging as a final boss i would have been disappointed

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If he were any less challenging as a final boss i would have been disappointed

He's really not challenging at all. It's very simple to dodge his attacks and if he wasn't invincible during certain stages itd be easy to continue to light his ass up with missiles and beams.

Instead of going that route they took the lazy route and mixed a quick time event with a cutscene.

Play the final boss on super metroid and tell me it's not dope, fun, challenging, them play this shyt.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Didn’t get to play like I wanted until the past couple days. I wouldn’t put it near a pantheon type of MV, but it was real solid. Like an 8-8.5. My clear time was 9:17 but I probably wasted at least 2 hrs backtracking when I didn’t really need to. I felt like this was a lot more linear than I was playing it as for like the first half. The bosses were solid tho, and the movement was godly :ehh:

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Didn’t get to play like I wanted until the past couple days. I wouldn’t put it near a pantheon type of MV, but it was real solid. Like an 8-8.5. My clear time was 9:17 but I probably wasted at least 2 hrs backtracking when I didn’t really need to. I felt like this was a lot more linear than I was playing it was for like the first half. The bosses were solid tho, and the movement was godly :ehh:

Yeah, the fact that the challenge runs can be done in under 4 hours kind means they are relying on first time players to just get lost a lot.

@daze23 was right. This was a fun game but I do feel like it should have been priced at 40. But this is nintendo and we all bought it :yeshrug:

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, the fact that the challenge runs can be done in under 4 hours kind means they are relying on first time players to just get lost a lot.

@daze23 was right. This was a fun game but I do feel like it should have been priced at 40. But this is nintendo and we all bought it :yeshrug:

They give you just enough to think you need to move all around. I wanna say I went back through 3 biomes the last time I backtracked, and the path forward was just in the corner of the room I left. Ended up with like 6 missiles for my trouble. :dead:

Agreed 100% about the pricing. I was thinking that throughout, especially considering I don’t think I’ve ever spent near 50/60 for a vania ever. Juxtapose that with what you get outta Hollow Knight for example and it just looks crazy :russ: I’ll charge it to the Nintendo tax tho.

Great palette cleanser, and I’m happy for any hardcore Metroid fans left getting their game

Last edited:

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Just beat this bytch.

The boss is isn't as bad as I initially made it.