Metroid Dread

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Apparently theres some huge outrage bubbling about this game being too difficult and not having accessibility options/easy mode lol

Arris

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
I'm about to go watch BMF. Maybe young Meech will give me a clue on where to go because I swear I'm going in circles after beating another boss and a miniboss :francis:
I got lost twice. Check for destroyable tiles with your beam and morph bombs

And you can highlight obstacles that you can get past that you might have forgotten about. It'll let you know on the map if you destroyed them already or if they are still there

Arris

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
Apparently theres some huge outrage bubbling about this game being too difficult and not having accessibility options/easy mode lol
Bosses hit very hard so I can see why if you don't focus your just dying constantly and very fast.

I died about 7-8 times before working out shooting the turbines enough to get the spider magnet to move faster. Couldn't make it past the electric tentacle in enough time and was confused

They need to change up their approach, the bosses so far seem to punish careless play and require precision aiming at their weak spots.

Not super hard but definitely not a cakewalk

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Bosses hit very hard so I can see why if you don't focus your just dying constantly and very fast.

I died about 7-8 times before working out shooting the turbines enough to get the spider magnet to move faster. Couldn't make it past the electric tentacle in enough time and was confused

They need to change up their approach, the bosses so far seem to punish careless play and require precision aiming at their weak spots.

The fact that the checkpoints are right next to the boss kind of make it a non-issue to me. I’ve been playing games over the last few years that have way harder and longer boss fighters where if you die you basically gotta replay the entire level to get back to it. Metroid is just about figuring out the “trick” to the boss and exploiting it. They feel more like elaborate puzzles than actual skill based fights

Anyway, this is the article that spurred the debate.

Kinda wish people would just let developers make the games they wanna make without trying to force them to go back and change entire design elements to make sure “Everyone can play it” which is bullshyt because no matter what someone is gonna think its too hard still.

Saying that on Resetera would be a permanent ban ^^^

Last edited:

Arris

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
The fact that the checkpoints are right next to the boss kind of make it a non-issue to me. I’ve been playing games over the last few years that have way harder and longer boss fighters where if you die you basically gotta replay the entire level to get back to it. Metroid is just about figuring out the “trick” to the boss and exploiting it. They feel more like elaborate puzzles than actual skill based fights

Anyway, this is the article that spurred the debate.

Kinda wish people would just let developers make the games they wanna make without trying to force them to go back and change entire design elements to make sure “Everyone can play it” which is bullshyt because no matter what someone is gonna think its too hard still.

Saying that on Resetera would be a permanent ban ^^^

I'm getting a "hard time with the controls" vibe from them

Not necessarily actual game difficulty. How do you give up a couple hours in saying its hard?:stopitslime:

I could see if he was like I'm having trouble with button management and shooting or not shooting missiles. Holding a charged shot while evading attacks etc etc...

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I'm getting a "hard time with the controls" vibe from them

Not necessarily actual game difficulty. How do you give up a couple hours in saying its hard?:stopitslime:

I could see if he was like I'm having trouble with button management and shooting or not shooting missiles. Holding a charged shot while evading attacks etc etc...

That to me, is really the only friction I’ve come across playing the game. The crouch/aim down, missles, grappling hook, essentially there are A LOT of button presses for the game that you need to adjust to. Which is why i ended up changing the slide to ZR but now the grappling hook is awkward to use etc.

But I’m not really sure how you solve that, it’s Metroid it requires all the buttons.

But I feel like the guy who gave up probably did so at the EMMI parts. I think instant death encounters scare people away from games.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
agree on the controls.

Would actually prefer using the D-pad over the stick, and remapping slide to ZR.

gameplay itself though is fine. It's metroid.

but :mjlol: at that article

people with the last name rosenberg seem to be stupid asses
peter = idiot fake hip-hop head
paul = idiot terrible manager to eminem
adam = idiot millennial "gamer"

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County

fukk all that, get better

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I think there are a lot more complaints about difficulty or “accessibility” in games due to the fact that there just are just A LOT more people playing games now then there were 10 years ago. Everyone wants to play everything thats popular instead of just playing the games they can manage

Especially nintendo games that have like a 50% attach rate

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think there are a lot more complaints about difficulty or “accessibility” in games due to the fact that there just are just A LOT more people playing games now then there were 10 years ago. Everyone wants to play everything thats popular instead of just playing the games they can manage

Especially nintendo games that have like a 50% attach rate

bruh ppl pay $60-70 for a game, there should be user-friendly options that allow them to finish it…not directed at you but the elitist shyt is corny…congratulations you can press buttons faster than some nikkas…continue doing that…what does that have to do with someone else’s gaming experience?

Biblical Goon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People just not used to the new precision and speed, which is just the natural progression of this game. Super Metroid was easy because it was floaty as fukk and imprecise, they couldn’t afford to have any type of difficulty because it would have been a chore. It’s been 20 years, we don’t fukking want easy mode. People complained the fusion was hard too, they can stfu.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
bruh ppl pay $60-70 for a game, there should be user-friendly options that allow them to finish it…not directed at you but the elitist shyt is corny…congratulations you can press buttons faster than some nikkas…continue doing that…what does that have to do with someone else’s gaming experience?

I mean there are like a 100 ‘easier’ games on the switch made specifically for those people. A lot of those games that I honestly can’t even enjoy because they are overly simple or easy, like pokemon sword/shield or yoshi.

People like games like Metroid (this one specifically) and Souls games because they have a shared experience attached to them. The games are designed around a specific difficulty which makes it a more balanced and fair experience.

Again, why does every game gotta be for everyone? This is why i avoid multiplayer games, because i realize my skill set is to trash too play a lot of them online.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County

Zero fidducks given to these casuals :blessed:

Imagine expecting to succeed in life with no work ethic. :ufdup:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
People like games like Metroid and Souls games because they have a shared experience attached to them.

I get what you’re saying but ultimately all these games have an underlying shared experience to them…and I’ve never seen metroid put in the same class as souls type games where the “bond” between players is a result of degree of difficulty of the game…I recognize those games are unique in that sense and that’s what makes them “special”