Metroid Dread

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
nah that’s a really lousy “parallel”…we’re literally talking about games

It applies. Everything can be looked at as a game at the end of the day, if you don't apply effort and you want everything to be handed to you, don't work to succeed or win, you'll find yourself complacent and complaining about everything like these nikkas do online.

Apply yourself, you won't succeed at everything you do on a whim. These people knew what they were getting into, if they have a problem with that they can go play Cooking Mama or some shyt.

I'm glad someone brought up the Souls games in here earlier because no one complains about how hard those games are anymore, they are actually celebrated for being difficult, and people embrace the challenge of getting better and overcoming it. That should apply to every game, don't cherrypick shyt

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That should apply to every game, don't cherrypick shyt

gaming industry wouldn’t be what it is if it did, that’s why it doesn’t apply to every game

you know what would change if souls games got an easier setting?

practically nothing…heavy ranting from hardcore gamers/fan of the genre (keyword) but that’d be it…the option would still be there to play the game at its most challenging

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
Enjoying it a lot. Love the faster pace of the game compared to the older games.

Also the difficulty is just right for me. In fact I think fans of metroid are going to be older gamers who grew up with it and we are used to games that were harder. We didn't have autosave and quick save until later. It's a good throwback style.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
gaming industry wouldn’t be what it is if it did, that’s why it doesn’t apply to every game

you know what would change if souls games got an easier setting?

practically nothing…heavy ranting from hardcore gamers/fan of the genre (keyword) but that’d be it

Seriously doubt Souls games would have reached their current level of popularity if they weren't famously so difficult. When Dark Souls originally dropped it wasn't initially that popular until the people who played it kept raving online about how difficult it was and then people checked it out essentially to show that they were elite gamers and that they could overcome said challenge.

Souls games aren't even the first, Ninja Gaiden (both the OG and more modern series) is also known and applauded for it's difficulty, it's considered a rite of passage for gamers to overcome them. As long as the challenge is objectively fair, there should not be an issue with that. Games have been hard since they've been invented

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Games have been hard since they've been invented

you not telling me much new…been gaming since coleco…but I definitely understand the argument folks are having in connection to this game especially on a system geared towards kids in an era where gaming is more popular/accessible than its ever been…game is fine as is to me but I’m not expecting everybody’s level of experience to be the same as mine just cuz I enjoy it as is

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
bruh ppl pay $60-70 for a game, there should be user-friendly options that allow them to finish it…not directed at you but the elitist shyt is corny…congratulations you can press buttons faster than some nikkas…continue doing that…what does that have to do with someone else’s gaming experience?
Video games aren't all based on fast button presses in order to be good. This being one where that doesn't apply to as well.

And everything ain't for everybody and everybody don't need to experience everything. Know your lane and play to it. And if you desire to step out of it then do your diligence to do so. Don't matter how much the cost entry is. This pity party shyt is corny as well. Can easy games and easy mode in games exist? Certainly. Does it need to be in every style and type of game. No.
nah that’s a really lousy “parallel”…we’re literally talking about games

And?! Chess and checkers are both games as well. Neither needs to adjust to the other games barometer of difficulty just cuz some folks can't contend with either getting good at the game or just not succeeding at it.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
It applies. Everything can be looked at as a game at the end of the day, if you don't apply effort and you want everything to be handed to you, don't work to succeed or win, you'll find yourself complacent and complaining about everything like these nikkas do online.

Apply yourself, you won't succeed at everything you do on a whim. These people knew what they were getting into, if they have a problem with that they can go play Cooking Mama or some shyt.

I'm glad someone brought up the Souls games in here earlier because no one complains about how hard those games are anymore, they are actually celebrated for being difficult, and people embrace the challenge of getting better and overcoming it. That should apply to every game, don't cherrypick shyt
STFU

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Chess and checkers are both games as well. Neither needs to adjust to the other games barometer of difficulty just cuz some folks can't contend with either getting good at the game or just not succeeding at it.

another lousy parallel…I taught chess…the game has a specific set of rules so there are no adjustments to be made in that sense but if ppl are not familiar with the game or comfortable with their skillset they can play against others on their level or on a computer with multiple settings ironically as they gain confidence/improve :yeshrug:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
another lousy parallel…I taught chess…the game has a specific set of rules so there are no adjustments to be made in that sense but if ppl are not familiar with the game or comfortable with their skillset they can play against others on their level or on a computer with multiple settings ironically as they gain confidence/improve :yeshrug:

And games are the same way. That's why the difficulty raises as you get to newer levels. And they also have their own sets of specific rules that the games go by.

You wish for every game to have an adjustable scale to those rules in place. Not needed. Definitely should not be mandated either.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Damn I’m getting fukking jumped right now :mjlol:

jumped-getting-beat-up.gif

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
And games are the same way. That's why the difficulty raises as you get to newer levels. And they also have their own sets of specific rules that the games go by.

You wish for every game to have an adjustable scale to those rules in place. Not needed. Definitely should not be mandated either.

nah you fukking up the analogy…doing something else tho…will come back to it

*edit*

I don’t wanna make this a big thing cuz this could be a thread unto itself…what you’re proposing is that when kids were being taught chess they should’ve played against someone at an advanced level out the gate and simply “git gud” by playing that same person (or at that same difficulty setting) repeatedly which can be fruitless depending on the individual as opposed to starting at a level/setting commensurate to their skill and then with gained practice at that lower level/setting proceed or upgrade to the next setting…that can’t be done if they’re being faced with the same difficulty setting…how can you say this is not needed when it’s already implemented in most video games lol?

@Gizmo_Duck you should’ve made this a separate thread…it’s actually an interesting discussion…but I want to get back to the game ironically

Last edited:

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Another miniboss down :smugdraper:

"An unknown resource has been acquired. You cannot use this item yet."

:gucci:

Give me my Super Bomb :pacspit:

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
The fact that the checkpoints are right next to the boss kind of make it a non-issue to me. I’ve been playing games over the last few years that have way harder and longer boss fighters where if you die you basically gotta replay the entire level to get back to it. Metroid is just about figuring out the “trick” to the boss and exploiting it. They feel more like elaborate puzzles than actual skill based fights

Anyway, this is the article that spurred the debate.

Kinda wish people would just let developers make the games they wanna make without trying to force them to go back and change entire design elements to make sure “Everyone can play it” which is bullshyt because no matter what someone is gonna think its too hard still.

Saying that on Resetera would be a permanent ban ^^^

This bytchmade motherfukker :scust:

Hardest part about this game is figuring out where to go. EMMIs are more annoying than anything.