Metroid Dread

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
playing this with a remapped xbox controller and the fukking world makes sense again :blessed:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
this guy was not the hill for me to die on…I don’t get what he’s complaining about in regard to this game :confused:

The fact that the checkpoints are right next to the boss kind of make it a non-issue to me. I’ve been playing games over the last few years that have way harder and longer boss fighters where if you die you basically gotta replay the entire level to get back to it. Metroid is just about figuring out the “trick” to the boss and exploiting it. They feel more like elaborate puzzles than actual skill based fights

Anyway, this is the article that spurred the debate.

Kinda wish people would just let developers make the games they wanna make without trying to force them to go back and change entire design elements to make sure “Everyone can play it” which is bullshyt because no matter what someone is gonna think its too hard still.

Saying that on Resetera would be a permanent ban ^^^

RIPODB

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
East Side
what's so hard about the first hour that's scaring people away?

like Gizmo said, you get an autosave before everything

these complaints are absolutely ridiculous. If this game is too hard for you, you don’t belong in gaming media. At all. :hubie:

I think the boss fights are hard. You have to dodge, fire, and anticipate the next incoming attack. And there are different phases so you can’t just spam one strategy. You are going to die a few times. I love that.

And when you do die, you’re right outside the boss room again. Dying has no consequence. From that perspective it’s almost too easy.

I’d hate to see the blog posts these cowards would write after getting killed by Martyr Logarius and losing 25k blood echoes in the process.

And I totally agree with others - the hardest part is staring at that damn map and trying to find a door you didn’t open yet.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
this guy was not the hill for me to die on…I don’t get what he’s complaining about in regard to this game :confused:

:comeon:
Nah nah nah son. This game needs an very easy mode, replete with step-by-step instructions on what to do for everything and an auto-win button. I don't wanna hear that shyt. Keep that same energy.:unimpressed:

:sas2:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
It’s crazy how many actual abilities they give you in this game and they are all mapped to specific buttons usually they got a little sub menu or two where you can swap weapons and abilities but they’re like fukk it you got 20 buttons :ufdup:

I got so many abilities i forgot i even had, like the speed boost which I’ve used like 5 times max

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Oh joy, look what's back online :unimpressed:

Feel like I'm being sexually harassed :hhh:

Inadvertently play "10 Hours as a Woman on Mars" brehs