Metroboomin Leaks "Jumbotron Sh*t Poppin'" Reference Track Exposing Drake

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
pickin N choosing lol

so if drake found raps in a trash can and used that would be cool lol
U lied and said Pac ain't write one word. Pac wrote basically the whole song. Except the opening lines he found in the trash. It was his best friend/brother and the circumstances are completely different. It's not picking and choosing. It's using discernment. This Drake shyt ain't even close to the same thing. But u knew that.

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
Was Eric B stealing all those production credits hip hop? Shout out Paul C and large Professor for not making him look like a fool. Or is it just MC's who have to follow this make belief honor code?

Bro, how can you sit there and bring up greats like Eric B to defend Drake? That's wild, lol.

Quick point though. How many times have you ever heard Eric B speak a day in your life? How many times has Eric B said mad times that he's the GOAT producer? How many times has Eric B been accused of stealing credits and fought against it?

Marley Marl and Large Pro both spoke on those issues from back then. The word is that a lot of those songs were done by committee. Paul C was there too. Couple different people bringing whatever to the table to make those beats on the first three albums. Eric B doesn't do mad interviews. But everyone said that Eric would bring in breakbeats and samples and have people loop or chop whatever he saw as the vision for the group. That's producing. Rakim always speaks on that too. So he was in there working. The credits left out other contributors, but Eric B never claimed to be some great producer. He's a DJ who found records, and would hire people to do what he couldn't on the machines. He never lied about that.

What we're speaking about is the art of MCing. Very very different.

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
Not stole literally but the fact he ain't change a line is crazy.

He changed several lines but you were also hyping the AI Kendrick song so...

And this isn't a defence for the reference track but idk the point in straight up lying like this when you can listen to both. Tell me if you hear the foo fighters reference on both

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Bro, how can you sit there and bring up greats like Eric B to defend Drake? That's wild, lol.

Quick point though. How many times have you ever heard Eric B speak a day in your life? How many times has Eric B said mad times that he's the GOAT producer? How many times has Eric B been accused of stealing credits and fought against it?

Marley Marl and Large Pro both spoke on those issues from back then. The word is that a lot of those songs were done by committee. Paul C was there too. Couple different people bringing whatever to the table to make those beats on the first three albums. Eric B doesn't do mad interviews. But everyone said that Eric would bring in breakbeats and samples and have people loop or chop whatever he saw as the vision for the group. That's producing. Rakim always speaks on that too. So he was in there working. The credits left out other contributors, but Eric B never claimed to be some great producer. He's a DJ who found records, and would hire people to do what he couldn't on the machines. He never lied about that.

What we're speaking about is the art of MCing. Very very different.
Look at all this juelzing and goal post moving. What Makes Eric B a great. He didn't produce shyt. Yet you call him great. At taking credit?! :laff:..

Like I thought this thread represents people who have an issue with Drake It's not necessarily about purity of hip hop. It's just easier to invalidate someone you don't like. Drake is 100 times more of a great rapper than Eric was any type of a producer. He stole credits and you call him great. Drake had yatchy in the credits. Now let Yatchy tell it before people jump out the window on what he actually did

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
Imagine being a so-called hip hop fan on a hip hop board, and defending this
It’s nothing to defend tbh

i just don’t understand the vitriol towards drake when this shyt been happening before he was born in hiphop.

its too many rap songs I love that was spit by the person who didn’t write it

• Dap
Reactions: Him

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I don't even think these brehs like the music that much to be clocking in double shifts running interference and PR for Drake. I think they're just in love with him.

:francis:
I don't think Drake has made a good album since Quentin was in the picture. I can actually be honest in conversions and not take absolute points of view because of pre existing bias. Definitely not in love. I just don't like disingenuous dialogue. People in here saying dude can't rap or never wrote shyt are doing too much. Me pointing that out is just honesty.

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
Look at all this juelzing and goal post moving. What Makes Eric B a great. He didn't produce shyt. Yet you call him great. At taking credit?! :laff:..

Like I thought this thread represents people who have an issue with Drake not necessarily. It's not necessarily about purity of hip hop. It's just easier to invalidate someone you don't like. Drake is 100 times more of a great rapper than Eric was any type of a producer. He stole credits and you call him great. Drake had yatchy in the credits. Now let Yatchy tell it before people jump out the window on what he actually did

So Eric B and Rakim isn't one of Hip Hop's most legendary and great groups anymore? Wow.

Dude's a nobody now?

Trying to randomly sh*t on and discredit Eric B to defend Drake is wild crazy. I don't even know what to say anymore. Y'all dudes be buggin'.

star-trek-benjamin-sisko.gif

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..

Like I thought this thread represents people who have an issue with Drake It's not necessarily about purity of hip hop. It's just easier to invalidate someone you don't like. Drake is 100 times more of a great rapper than Eric was any type of a producer. He stole credits and you call him great. Drake had yatchy in the credits. Now let Yatchy tell it before people jump out the window on what he actually did
Eric B made alot moves for some of ur favorite rappers behind the scenes. And yea that nikka ain't no dope producer and Ra made alot of them beats himself. But who the fukk is saying Eric B is a dope producer? What lists is this nikka on? Why yall choose to consistently play stupid?