Metroboomin Leaks "Jumbotron Sh*t Poppin'" Reference Track Exposing Drake

Knucklehead

HMFIC
Daps
Reppin
Montreal #byrdgang
No one has done what Drake has done.
Come on now.
I don’t like Drake at all but this is a crazy statement.
People carry on decades long affairs without their spouse ever catching on.
You think you can vouch for every other MC who claims they’re the best never having bought whole songs?
Ridiculous

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Nah, the standard isn't changing.

I hold that dude to the same standard that I do all the greats, since back in the day. The sh*t he's been doing would've gotten him crucified in the 90's. Now today, we let a lot of sh*t slide, so that's why he's been able to get over. So it's dope to see him actually being held accountable. The culture is corny now because of dudes like him. And that's the problem. Rapping doesn't make you an MC. We all know that. Just like Vanilla Ice and Bobby Brown weren't MC's, but would rap on tracks. The rules aren't going to shift to cater to the less talented.
Who said he was a great. I said he's a rapper and an mc. Ghost is a great

Drake is not the problem with the culture. We have shyt like Carti and mumble rap and drill shyt with 0 bars. It's ok to not like pop act. Say he corny but he was actually rapping when a lot of rap wasn't about rap.

These conversations are never good because you get people who can't speak beyond their bias just sharing their hate not actual criticism

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
It's split up between several youtube videos and several tweets on twitter. Some of the tweets have a couple million views (I don't know how accurate Elon's counts are)

22k likes on this alone.

Look at the comments tho. No one seems to care and are saying Drake made it bette :pachaha:

This ain’t ya daddy rap game :francis:

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
Come on now.
I don’t like Drake at all but this is a crazy statement.
People carry on decades long affairs without their spouse ever catching on.
You think you can vouch for every other MC who claims they’re the best never having bought whole songs?
Ridiculous

That's the thing, I don’t even dislike dude. But I know when something ain't Hip Hop.

If it comes out that Rakim was taking mad songs from Redhead Kingpin and for mad of his albums, had joints that were actually written by King Sun, then yeah, I'd be questioning Rakim's sh*t too. But we are going on what we actually do know.Not guessing. And for years, we've seen someone taking whole songs from other artists and writers while claiming to be "the best". So that's what this is about. Dude doesn't have any MC traits. We don’t have to guess or assume anything. We see that dude is a fraud in broad day.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
I have no problem with Ghostwriting but the mental gymnastics is wild

2pac debut has a whole song he didn’t write one lyric for but no one say anything about it at all

i hate picking and choosing
It's not about picking and choosing and that Pac shyt ain't even the same thing. Number one. He did write on Trapped. His man's just had the first verse and he threw it away. Pac finished the song and it's way different because number one he didn't HIRE that nikka for the purpose of writing. Number 2 that nikka was his group member and basically his brother he lived with at that point. Pac didn't NEED that record he just wanted to show his man's he started some dope shyt and not to throw it away. Pac gave Ray Luv songs and he wrote literally 99.9% of his music. Along with writing for other people. Pac has written 100s of songs and verses. Same shyt for Biggie with Jadakiss. He made Jada write a verse as a test.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Nah he a chameleon that's why 1 song he Jamaican, another he British, another he soft Canadian, another he is a mob boss. Dude and his stans are bozos :mjlol:
He's actually an actor which is part of performance. He did on record what people do on film. Be mad at someones skill set brehs.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
That's the thing, I don’t even dislike dude. But I know when something ain't Hip Hop.

If it comes out that Rakim was taking mad songs from Redhead Kingpin and for mad of his albums, had joints that were actually written by King Sun, then yeah, I'd be questioning Rakim's sh*t too. But we are going on what we actually do know.Not guessing. And for years, we've seen someone taking whole songs from other artists and writers while claiming to be "the best". So that's what this is about. Dude doesn't have any MC traits. We don’t have to guess or assume anything. We see that dude is a fraud in broad day.
Was Eric B stealing all those production credits hip hop? Shout out Paul C and large Professor for not making him look like a fool. Or is it just MC's who have to follow this make belief honor code?

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
Gets nose jobs :hhh:
“Say bruh I should get my thighs too”
200w.gif

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
Who said he was a great. I said he's a rapper and an mc. Ghost is a great

Drake is not the problem with the culture. We have shyt like Carti and mumble rap and drill shyt with 0 bars. It's ok to not like pop act. Say he corny but he was actually rapping when a lot of rap wasn't about rap.

These conversations are never good because you get people who can't speak beyond their bias just sharing their hate not actual criticism

He said he was great, fam, lol. And "the best".

You can't claim to be any of those things he claims to be, when you're fake. I can’t even listen to Carti. So I can't really speak on how wack I think he is. But it's not about disliking pop either because there's wrong with pop. All I'm saying is, let's not confuse pop with Hip Hop. They are two very different things. Like Q-Tip said, Hip Hop "...isn't pop, if you call it that, then stop". Pop doesn't have the same standards that real Hip Hop does. You can just do whatever and function in pop. Hip Hop was built on mad aspects that need to be in place before you can call yourself an MC, or anything else in the culture. Drake doesn't embody or possess any of those things.

So, he may not be the issue directly, but he's a part of what this problem has been for a minute. He's allowed to exist because of the problem. And we all know that none of this kinda sh*t would've been cool during the golden era. We all know what's allowed and what isn't. So I don’t see how dudes are acting shocked or like we didn't all grow up knowing the rules and how all these artists were held to a certain standard. We know.

Daps
Look at the comments tho. No one seems to care and are saying Drake made it bette :pachaha:

This ain’t ya daddy rap game :francis:

Yeah this is only going to hit home with the folks who already didn't like Drake. Nobody is rocking with Drake for artistic integrity, dude got exposed for using ghostwriters 6 years ago. This ain't a revelation.

It's funny tho :pachaha:

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
It's not about picking and choosing and that Pac shyt ain't even the same thing. Number one. He did write on Trapped. His man's just had the first verse and he threw it away. Pac finished the song and it's way different because number one he didn't HIRE that nikka for the purpose of writing. Number 2 that nikka was his group member and basically his brother he lived with at that point. Pac didn't NEED that record he just wanted to show his man's he started some dope shyt and not to throw it away. Pac gave Ray Luv songs and he wrote literally 99.9% of his music. Along with writing for other people. Pac has written 100s of songs and verses. Same shyt for Biggie with Jadakiss. He made Jada write a verse as a test.
pickin N choosing lol

so if drake found raps in a trash can and used that would be cool lol