Metroboomin Leaks "Jumbotron Sh*t Poppin'" Reference Track Exposing Drake

Budda

Superstar
Daps
Look at all this juelzing and goal post moving. What Makes Eric B a great. He didn't produce shyt. Yet you call him great. At taking credit?! :laff:..

Like I thought this thread represents people who have an issue with Drake It's not necessarily about purity of hip hop. It's just easier to invalidate someone you don't like. Drake is 100 times more of a great rapper than Eric was any type of a producer. He stole credits and you call him great. Drake had yatchy in the credits. Now let Yatchy tell it before people jump out the window on what he actually did

Who ever puts Eric B in a top 5 producer list? Or even 10? Are you slow?

Red Money

All Star
Daps
Lol why yall keep tryna bring nas and jay in this.

Them two solidified.

Jay was one of my favorites until 2014....but in his prime dude passed off biting as paying homage and the public went with it. Jay was breaking a hip hop rule.

Jay even remade ma$e lookin at me on bp2. When Jay wrote 2 many hoes he had to have had ma$e on his mind....sounded like an obvious remake to me. Jay remade a 5 year old song from a heavy weight artist, lol.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
LwnIwW9.jpeg
If what you value is so important how come with him not meeting your values he still made it? He such a fake artist with no talent how come they can't just spawn another one of him just as successful?

You don't gotta like Drake as an artist to acknowledge he's achieved feats most others couldn't. The world doesn't revolve around you and your opinions or even me and mines others think differently.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
It’s nothing to defend tbh

i just don’t understand the vitriol towards drake when this shyt been happening before he was born in hiphop.

its too many rap songs I love that was spit by the person who didn’t write it
Because he fronts like hes writing his shyt

“u gna feel the aftermath of what i write down” :duck:

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
He changed several lines but you were also hyping the AI Kendrick song so...

And this isn't a defence for the reference track but idk the point in straight up lying like this when you can listen to both. Tell me if you hear the foo fighters reference on both
Man it was no significant changes. He didn't make it his own and it's damn near copy and paste.

It's not like he lifted a hook but he actually used Lil Yachty lyrics...cmon man!

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
This falls apart when its clear Drake has also stolen verses without crediting or compensating the OG writer before.

He's bitten verses and bought them, seemingly makes no difference to him. Anyone who actually cares about being a "top MC" would hold themselves to a higher standard.

white boy stole from rappin 4tay..... jus like a peckerwood ...shaun king of rap ...the cacadicty

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Crack smoke is the exhaust from my pen and pad
Ghostwriters, they get to floss what you could’ve had

Like his moves, but he never had to fight in school
Always ran, another n!gga had to write your grooves
Flow is copy-and-paste,
Weezy gave you the juice

Ross went in on him. Sorry if the Truth hurts people, but these bars were nothing but facts.

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jay was one of my favorites until 2014....but in his prime dude passed off biting as paying homage and the public went with it. Jay was breaking a hip hop rule.

Jay even remade ma$e lookin at me on bp2. When Jay wrote 2 many hoes he had to have had ma$e on his mind....sounded like an obvious remake to me. Jay remade a 5 year old song from a heavy weight artist, lol.

Lol comparing what Drake did here to Lookin At Me/2Many Hoes is crazy, you can't be serious

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
So Eric B and Rakim isn't one of Hip Hop's most legendary and great groups anymore? Wow.

Dude's a nobody now?

Trying to randomly sh*t on and discredit Eric B to defend Drake is wild crazy. I don't even know what to say anymore. Y'all dudes be buggin'.

star-trek-benjamin-sisko.gif
Rakim is legendary. Eric B was a plug. Dude is less of a producer than Puffy was and he didn't push buttons. I always use contrast to illustrate hypocrisy and it works very well. notice your denial. I think its just human to shyt on people you don't already like with much more bias which makes Drake a great target for purists. Dude ain't my top anything but I know he raps and you in here defending a man who can't make the music he took credit for. case in point.