Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
LL, GFK and Snoop are MC's.
But they had writers

i don’t get your point. Snoop probably ain’t write a entire song in over 20 years

drake gotta go because he collaborated with better writers and is super duper successful

but I hear a lot of people say GFK their goat but if a dude say Drake is the goat y’all get mad af

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Nikka said he was executive producer on the album.
Not that he gave whole songs to the boy that shyt wild :heh:
I'm just going to assume all the tracks that have Yachty on the adlibs he wrote.

Take Care was Half the Weeknd
QM was If Your Reading This.

And people want to know why nikkas won't let this ghostwriting shyt go.
We literally have no idea what percentage this nikka is really writing for himself :snoop:
Its really not. Ross himself who is dissing Drake said he was a fast writer in the studio. Drake does not get all his stuff penned. He buys some songs and makes some.

No need to embellish. He is a pop act but that don't mean he can't write or rap because he buys songs sometimes.

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But they had writers

i don’t get your point. Snoop probably ain’t write a entire song in over 20 years

drake gotta go because he collaborated with better writers and is super duper successful

but I hear a lot of people say GFK their goat but if a dude say Drake is the goat y’all get mad af

Snoop hasn't really claimed to be a top rapper in 20 yrs though, and people like his albums but nobody's said Snoops top anything in a long time.

I agree with you on Ghostface and think anyone who think he's a legit GOAT MC is crazy

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Snoop hasn't really claimed to be a top rapper in 20 yrs though, and people like his albums but nobody's said Snoops top anything in a long time.

I agree with you on Ghostface and think anyone who think he's a legit GOAT MC is crazy
Ghost is a goat. He invented a style that ushered in a whole different era. From the music to the freeform conscious flow on supreme... Can't invalidate that because he has gotten help at times. Hov used to poach off his team take hooks or whole song ideas. Everyone major has used help to stay relevant. That don't mean they can't rap.

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
But they had writers

No.

Success is great. But having a career of mostly being written for, and songs with 20+ writers, negates you from being an MC. Snoop freestyled most of Doggystyle. LL had hooks written for him by the producers he took beats from, which is normal. Always has been. But you can surround LL with some of the game's best and he'll still murder sh*t. He's done that on mad tracks. That's an MC. Nobody wrote for Tony throughout most of his career. SC, Iron Man, OB4CL and 36 were all done by his pen. All his best sh*t.

All three of those dudes also have a history of shutting down cyphers. Being around some of the best MC's ever, and spitting on the spot in cyphers, saying sh*t that shut everything down. They're authentic. Not pop acts.

The standard isn't going to change because Drake keeps getting exposed for being a fraud. This is Hip Hop. The rules are the rules.

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ghost is a goat. He invented a style that ushered in a whole different era. From the music to the freeform conscious flow on supreme... Can't invalidate that because he has gotten help at times. Hov used to poach off his team take hooks or whole song ideas. Everyone major has used help to stay relevant. That don't mean they can't rap.

Ghost is a good rapper. Without SC is he top 10 all time level? I think clearly not, and if he had a lot of ghostwriting for SC then he's not GOAT level.