Metroboomin Leaks "Jumbotron Sh*t Poppin'" Reference Track Exposing Drake

PHamm

Superstar
Daps
I'm thinking he was never really writing like that. Think about it. Child actor. We already know he was signed before he "signed". Looks like an industry plant that the labels ran with, someone easy to control, someone "safe"...
Pretty much. He has zero musical talent/instincts. He's as manufactured as Brittney Spears.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Your right but I don't think anyone was arguing you can't enjoy it.
But it's like a nikka saying he the greatest cook, when someone else got the ingredients, cleaned and seasoned it and you just put it in the oven.:yeshrug:
You can still enjoy the food but how much did they actually contribute?
Drake never been GOAT status even when people thought he wrote his raps. He singing and shyt on 40-50% of his catalogue and it’s mediocre sounding R&B tracks.

that guy

Superstar
Daps
Drake is excellent at mimicry. His early stuff was likely mostly his own work and he ran into a wall creatively. Once he finds a new sound/wave he likes he gets someone to write for him, he mimics the style and flow, then eventually learns to write it himself until he hits a wall and a new wave comes along, rinse and repeat. He used to write R&B and pop stuff for people early on but I don't know if he is still any good in that genre but as far as rap is concerned he's not able to create styles of his own or make an existing style his own, he's just able to copy them very well.
Nahh this can’t be true because drake had rumors of ghostwriters when he first came out during the so far gone era. There was a white guy named Kevin something writing for him. He even had that infamous hot97 freestyle where he was reading from his phone. What rapper, especially of drakes caliber, doesnt have lyrics memorized in his head?

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
Lmao I knew this was Lil Yachty. Even the video for this was some Lil Yachty shyt.

For all the dogs suffered because of him using Lil Yachty for help lol

Also 42 pages??? shyt!

Last edited:

knickscrusaderm

lead by example
Daps
Reppin
dark butts
You don't become a mega artist without referencing with other artists.

I don't care what industry you're in.
Do Jay-Z, Wayne, or Nas have reference tracks we can easily reference ourselves?

Or are you just another middle-aged Drake stan that can't have an objective conversation about what Drake really is?