Metroboomin Leaks "Jumbotron Sh*t Poppin'" Reference Track Exposing Drake

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
It's not to say Yachty wrote it either, qt least not completely.

There are like 8 ppl writing credits on that song. They prob all just sat around throwing out ideas, Yachty demo'd it.

Or maybe he did write it all

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's getting too absolute. Drakes stuff he wrote being fire can exist in the same world where he doesn't write certain hits. Obviously quantity of tracks and reach of tracks he has written for him matters. It's just not cut and dry is my point. I ain't really been checking for drake since that 2016 dud views.

Now, If we find out Nas didn't write owe me and genuine wrote the whole thing....that doesn't take away from all his other works and writing ability. Nas just didn't want to come up with that kinda single in my mind.
BUT if Lauryn Hill penned Nas verseses on if I ruled the world....Nas loses a lot of points and then questions arise about his career.

Hip hop would be dead if this were true. Thank God it's not.

Red Money

All Star
Daps
Do Jay-Z have reference tracks we can easily reference ourselves?

Jay was called out for biting biggie. I just consider biggie lyrics not obscure so paying homage is reasonable. But he bit a lot of other artist lines in his prime cause he ran out of ideas at times and he called it paying homage and a way to reference the old school.

What he did to young Chris stealing the whisper flow and cadence and made sure to get out the black album before the young guns album can be referenced.

Good artist borrow....great artist steal I guess.

Jay not clean 2000-2004. Plus we still don't know everything Kanye and/or Lupe was doing at the time.