Metroboomin Leaks "Jumbotron Sh*t Poppin'" Reference Track Exposing Drake

Red Money

All Star
Daps
Other genres have some other talent to display, like singing and dancing.

If you're not writing your rap music, what are you bringing to the table artistically?

Culturally, it became foundational for MCs to write their own music. If you don't, that's fine but don't compare yourself to those that do - it's really simple.

Jay wouldn't look right performing Still Dre.

It has to be Dre & Snoop spitting those lyrics. West coast producer/rappers that were legendary only fit that song. Dre and Snoop got flow and delivery that can't be replicated outside of a comedian....plus they have the backstory for the lyrics.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
That was the artistic purity of the genre. Which to me separated it from ALL others. You spoke it you wrote it. It has always been since it's inception especially for the ones claiming to the greatest MC. Which is exactly what Drake was doing until the Meek shyt then he stopped with the greatest MC shyt. Drake is literally Milli Vanilli or Vanilla Ice, it's clear as day. Rap is art form. This is a hip hop board it's sad how the standard has falling to now you have people making excuses and bringing up Beyonce and Motown to justify this fraud.

I personally like Drake music but he is not nor has ever been a top MC EVER. He is an amalgamation of whichever styles he is sharking or wave riding..... Jay-Z on steroids. Reference tracks were reserved for the bytches who were given passes. But there no other top 5 or even top 20 rap claimants with reference tracks. Whole entire verses....Drake is Bow Wow on SoSo Def status.

Songs do knock sure but this rap shyt this MC shyt is not him in ANYWAY whatsoever. And that should be ok.

But the fact he isn't an MC clearly hurts his soul and his fans. If it didn't matter then why all the juelzing why all the defection?
At least you get it. Every artist isn't a contender for the GOAT just because they're successful. Doesn't mean their end result can't still be enjoyed.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And yall nikkas need to keep it 5000… Ya nikkas who was criticizing Kenny because he was talking too long to drop new shyt yet Drake consistently dropping new shyt that the streets want then yall want to be on that ghost writer shyt when y’all know the longer in between your album in hip hop folk start forgetting about you..

Ask yaself are folk really checkin for Jayz after that 4:44? And that was released in 2017 with Kendrick last joint up until his current Mr Morale… folk was putting heat on Kendrick to drop an album.. If you legit writing it’s going to take you years iim between albums… These so called rap fans not waiting any more..

Longest drake went between albums was 4 years between scorpion and CLB then after that was HNM which was released 9 months later in June then Her loss 3 months later then FATD a year later.. and that’s including the care package in 2020 and Dark lane demo tapes 2019…

Yall either want nikkas to drop every 5 years or yall want nikkas to drop every1-2 years, either why one artist is writing who’s dropping every 5 years and the other artist got writers who’s dropping every 1 with other features and projects in between…

You can’t have it both ways
Kendrick put out projects in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018.

MM was supposed to come out in 2020 but was pushed back because of COVID.

Why are cats acting like he only releases shyt every 5 years?

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
As a committed Aubrelite, it does kinda piss me off that he doesn’t even pretend to not have massive tents writing his shyt. Like I like the content but it’s far too late for him to claim goat (autocorrect) status, even if it was just hooks or bridges but no he lifts entire songs. It makes sense given his output but considering he writes for so many R&B acts you’d think he’d care more about writing his own stuff.

T.he I.nformant

1st Ballot HOF Teller
Daps
Reppin
Wherever nikkas need to be told on
Yeah, anytime you see drake hanging out with another rapper heavy like that…this is the case for the most part.
You mean to tell me Sexxy Red about to be writing his shyt?

I don’t want to hear what color his bootyhole is 🤮

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When I make music, I write all of my shyt 100%.

No sample flipping either.

So no, I don't respect Drake getting these paranormal steroids.

Once again, Drake takes a knock to his pen. :pachaha:

lightskin jermaine

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Antonio
Women run rap right now and I'm certain none of them write their own raps. This new generation of fans just don't care anymore as long as the music is good.

Surreal

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Drake has already lost the current battle he's in. Who's to say "Push-ups" wasn't written by someone else? Every song or diss record moving forward will have people questioning whether it's a ghostwriter or if it's A.I. :dead:

Part of Push Ups was clearly written by 21

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
Hard for me to believe lil yahty wrote that, he got woat rhyme patterns.