Metroboomin Leaks "Jumbotron Sh*t Poppin'" Reference Track Exposing Drake

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
And yall nikkas need to keep it 5000… Ya nikkas who was criticizing Kenny because he was talking too long to drop new shyt yet Drake consistently dropping new shyt that the streets want then yall want to be on that ghost writer shyt when y’all know the longer in between your album in hip hop folk start forgetting about you..

Ask yaself are folk really checkin for Jayz after that 4:44? And that was released in 2017 with Kendrick last joint up until his current Mr Morale… folk was putting heat on Kendrick to drop an album.. If you legit writing it’s going to take you years iim between albums… These so called rap fans not waiting any more..

Longest drake went between albums was 4 years between scorpion and CLB then after that was HNM which was released 9 months later in June then Her loss 3 months later then FATD a year later.. and that’s including the care package in 2020 and Dark lane demo tapes 2019…

Yall either want nikkas to drop every 5 years or yall want nikkas to drop every1-2 years, either why one artist is writing who’s dropping every 5 years and the other artist got writers who’s dropping every 1 with other features and projects in between…

You can’t have it both ways

Damn nikka

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's getting too absolute. Drakes stuff he wrote being fire can exist in the same world where he doesn't write certain hits. Obviously quantity of tracks and reach of tracks he has written for him matters. It's just not cut and dry is my point. I ain't really been checking for drake since that 2016 dud views.

Now, If we find out Nas didn't write owe me and genuine wrote the whole thing....that doesn't take away from all his other works and writing ability. Nas just didn't want to come up with that kinda single in my mind.
BUT if Lauryn Hill penned Nas verseses on if I ruled the world....Nas loses a lot of points and then questions arise about his career.

Yes that matters a lot. If Timbaland revealed he wrote You Owe Me and had it made and Nas just re-did the vocals, no one really cares. Just like if we find out Drake was given One Dance. They're just catchy commercial crossover songs, no Nas or Drake stans go crazy for those songs.

If we find out Cormega wrote Illmatic then it's something different.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I am out of touch on Lil Yatchy. My thought was that Drake was doing a Young Thug impression.

I like how Drake performed it but the lyrics came across more vapid than usual.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
That didn't answer breh question is Beyonce a rapper or not:heh:

RnB, pop, boy bands etc been had songs written for them for ages and no one bats an eye because they have good singing voices. looks, they dance, put on elaborate performances etc. 99% of rappers don't do any of these so they are graded primarily on their pen if they want to be viewed as elite MCs

For example lets say who will be viewed worse in this situation. Beyonce not writing 95% of her music, or Nas not writing shyt...10%. and then you realize where we coming from.
I am not a huge Drake fan. Did he come out and say he wrote all his shyt. Nas represents himself as his sole writer. Does Drake do that or do people just assume it?

DapMeUp!

Superstar
Daps
Rap is not singing.

Being able to rap is your ability to come up with lyrics, flows, cadences, Punchlines/Metaphors and also how well you perform those lyrics
Performing your lyrics is just one area of rap, where in singing it is the main and only thing you need to be able to do.

Nobody is denying Drake is good at performing Rap lyrics on a track, but it's just one area.:yeshrug:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Why does it matter in hip-hop if you wrote the song or not?

Genuinely asking because no other genre has that requirement. Is it because rap is the easiest Genre?

1f5

How ya'll on a hip hop site. in the hip hop section...asking this.

Drake really fukked up the atmosphere of the culture heavily seems like.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Why does it matter in hip-hop if you wrote the song or not?

Genuinely asking because no other genre has that requirement. Is it because rap is the easiest Genre?
It really doesn't.

Even rap legends have admitted to having other people write songs for them.

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yall need to stop this disingenuous bullshyt. No other genre of music is as dependent on lyrics as far as artistic validation of its artist. Most rappers dont sing make beats, dance, play instruments etc

They rap and write. And if they cant even do that well what do you rate them?

Without writing or coming up with how to flow the lyrics, you just have a voice at that point. And Drakes rap voice isn't even that dope