Metro: Exodus | PS4/XB1/PC | Out Now

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
They did. I was just playing it. It looks A LOT more clear. I dunno what looks better, BFV with the DLSS patch and Ray-Tracing or Metro: Exodus with Ray Tracing and the DLSS fix.

Those are the only 2 games that have both at the moment, but they both look so fukking good. :whew:

Also, SLI is basically obsolete tech now. SLI doesn't work in DX12 with RTX on (at least not at the moment). There is no benefit to having 2 cards with these new games. Before, at least like 20% of games supported SLI, which made it worth it to me, but now it's basically 0% of games...Good thing I bought 2 2080tis....:francis:
DLSS requiring Raytracing to be enabled for BFV is a no-go for me :camby:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
DLSS requiring Raytracing to be enabled for BFV is a no-go for me :camby:
You rocking a 2080ti? If so, you can still get around 60fps with ray tracing and DLSS on. The game looks very good. It’s cool that the game keeps getter better and better RTX performance upgrades :yeshrug:

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
You rocking a 2080ti? If so, you can still get around 60fps with ray tracing and DLSS on. The game looks very good. It’s cool that the game keeps getter better and better RTX performance upgrades :yeshrug:
2080. I'll give them sometime to figure out DLSS. Looks like they rushed it out because of NVIDIA. I expect it to get better along with the option to use it by itself. I don't have any use for ray-tracing on BFV because I don't want to play competitively below 100 fps.

I'm downloading the patch to Metro now. My performance issues were because of DX12 so I'll have to see if this patch made it usable because I can't use RTX otherwise :francis:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Goddamn dark as shyt levels :francis:
No ammo :francis:
Electrical Anomalies :dwillhuh:
HDR fukking up in Win10 :francis:
Going backward on a train and then having the train disappear, forcing you to go back to the beginning where it respawned for no reason :francis:
Faces looking too red :francis:
No Mini-map :francis:
The sun putting a glare on my map, so I have to turn around :francis:

--------------------------------
I'm liking it though....:ehh:

Last edited:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
made it to Spring last night

I've been mostly playing this like a stealth game. there's really not enough ammo to go in 'guns blazing'. plus I think there is some kind of morality system in the background (I've seen that little 'light flash' from Last Light a few times). it's cool cause you can usually find a stealth route to your objective (it's usually easiest to do at night)

this is definitely a STALKER game, with a lot of obvious references, like the anomalies. kind of unavoidable being a game about rummaging through post-nuclear-apocalypse Russia. but a lot of the STALKER devs work for 4A now, and it definitely shows

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Thinking about Coppin, what's the consensus verdict fellas?

Got the old Metro off gamepass, I'm about to try it later

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
smokin newspaper blunts in the back of the train with this dude :myman:

metroexodus_2019_02_25lkmw.png

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Hit the range pal. Feels like it was meant to be played that way and it's forgiving with the achievement based autosaving.
PlayStation: Where casuals go to game :hhh:
Thinking about Coppin, what's the consensus verdict fellas?

Got the old Metro off gamepass, I'm about to try it later
You have to play it on hardcore or its not the same, and any vet of this series will tell you the same. Completely different games. Awesome when played the way it was designed.

Now today's gamer have no attention spans so they are looking for the fastest easiest way to the finish line but this ain't Speedrunners. If you have any doubts on my hardcore suggestion then Google it. It's well known amongst real gamers, hardly ever echoed on this site :handshake:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
you can't manual save, or use quicksave, on Ranger Hardcore. the trick I learned is to go to a safehouse, sit on the bed/sofa, drink out your canteen, and then pass time. that seems to make it auto-save every time

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I wish the Epic Store had achievements. shyt is pathetic :francis:
You can live vicariously through me, as Steam has achievements (and trading cards) for this game :umad:

the Epic store is fukking up with that though:huhldup: