Metro: Exodus | PS4/XB1/PC | Out Now

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
@Kamikaze Revy fukk, thank you.

I've been meaning to say every single thing you said above.

I initially played the game in the 1st day severely dissatisfied with the graphics and I was on the X1X...I near got off today and I feel like the graphics look better... Maybe I'm fooling myself?

But, yes, the audio breaks the fukking immersion something serious.

And the weird visual Interruptions when something moves in between you and water.

I'm playing on Hardcoreb but I might go back and do like @Mowgli said and go ranger.

The game is enjoyable but they're are a lot of issues.

Last edited:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps

I've been meaning to pay every single thing you said above.

I initially played the game in the 1st day severely dissatisfied with the graphics and I was on the X1X...I near got off today and I feel like the graphics look better... Maybe I'm going myself?

And the weird visual Interruptions when something moves in between you and water.

I'm playing on Hardcoreb but I might go back and do like @Mowgli said and go ranger.

Hit the range pal. Feels like it was meant to be played that way and it's forgiving with the achievement based autosaving.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Finally rescued ol girl from this bunker. Then fell asleep irl

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Games fire :camby:

Controls are laggy and mechanical. Ps4 isn't worthy
That's great you're enjoying it that much but the game has obvious issues I can't ignore.
The controls are no where near as responsive as they should be, the audio is complete trash, I've experienced a bunch of glitches, and the graphics have been overrated (at least on console). Nothing about the gun play feels solid to control and the weapons themselves all feel and sound weak as hell.
The atmosphere is done well but let's be honest, this game isn't bringing anything to the table we haven't seen a hundred times before.
Something else regarding the graphics / presentation: this game does not do shadows well at all. The near pitch black areas look nice but the areas where you are out of enemy sight look too similar to the areas where you are in plain sight. In the beginning when the old guy is helping you escape, he tells you stick to the shadows and I was confused as hell because I didn't see any area that would even look remotely like a space I could hide in. I looked at my options and according to the menu, I had the brightness set right where they want it to be. I went ahead and lowered the brightness further and the shadows still looked light as hell. Speaking of that old guy, how in the hell is he ALWAYS ahead of you :gucci: he tells me to cut through here, and crawl through there, and when I get to the next section he's right in front of me. :dwillhuh:The continuity is all kinds of jacked up. Homeboy was teleporting all over the map :mjlol:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven

I've been meaning to say every single thing you said above.

I initially played the game in the 1st day severely dissatisfied with the graphics and I was on the X1X...I near got off today and I feel like the graphics look better... Maybe I'm fooling myself?

I'm playing on hardcore also and would have gone back and changed it to ranger if the game didn't have any of the issues I mentioned.
As it is, I'm not interested in dragging out this experience longer than necessary.
You might think the graphics look better based on certain areas looking better than others. I was actually very impressed with one part where you're crawling through the tunnel and the moonlight is hitting the puddles. The light, textures, and overall feel of the environment was crazy, but soon as I got out, it opens up to an area the looked bland.
The character models throw me off as well. The facial animations aren't up to par with a lot of other games.
For a slower paced FPS like this one, I need the game to tick all of the right boxes and this one misses too many of them for me not to complain about it.
The game is supposed to be very atmospheric but has way too many issues that make the atmosphere and immersion completely fall apart.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
That's great you're enjoying it that much but the game has obvious issues I can't ignore.
The controls are no where near as responsive as they should be, the audio is complete trash, I've experienced a bunch of glitches, and the graphics have been overrated (at least on console). Nothing about the gun play feels solid to control and the weapons themselves all feel and sound weak as hell.
The atmosphere is done well but let's be honest, this game isn't bringing anything to the table we haven't seen a hundred times before.
Something else regarding the graphics / presentation: this game does not do shadows well at all. The near pitch black areas look nice but the areas where you are out of enemy sight look too similar to the areas where you are in plain sight. In the beginning when the old guy is helping you escape, he tells you stick to the shadows and I was confused as hell because I didn't see any area that would even look remotely like a space I could hide in. I looked at my options and according to the menu, I had the brightness set right where they want it to be. I went ahead and lowered the brightness further and the shadows still looked light as hell. Speaking of that old guy, how in the hell is he ALWAYS ahead of you :gucci: he tells me to cut through here, and crawl through there, and when I get to the next section he's right in front of me. :dwillhuh:The continuity is all kinds of jacked up. Homeboy was teleporting all over the map :mjlol:

I just don't know what game you're playing. What kinda tv and headphones you use sir

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven

I just don't know what game you're playing. What kinda tv and headphones you use sir

I can't see the video at work right now but unless you're trying to show me video proof that the game isn't a laggy mess on the controls, and the audio is actually mixed properly you aren't going to change my opinion on this game.
Far as the TV and "headphones" I already mentioned that breh.
4K HDR10 (Dolby Vision) TCL TV and a 7.1 Sony Surround Sound system. Bought the game for XB1X to have the "definitive console experience".
What ever version I'm seeing is better than your PS4Pro version and I'm still not impressed with the game.
As far as the audio, I do audio and video for a living breh, that's what my media production company revolves around. This game has trash audio. I went from playing Apex Legends which KNOCKS and the guns sound powerful, to Metro and everything sounds weak as hell. (As far as audio, I had the same complaint about the first Wolfenstein reboot).
For perspective, go play battlefield 4 (hell if you REALLY want to know what audio should sound like go play Battlefield 3 and Battlefield Bad Company) and listen to how powerful the guns sound and how each sound is a direct reflection of the environment it's produced in. Then play this game and you'll easily notice how weak everything sounds. Have you not noticed how many actions in Metro don't even have sound effects associated with them at all?

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
I can't see the video at work right now but unless you're trying to show me video proof that the game isn't a laggy mess on the controls, and the audio is actually mixed properly you aren't going to change my opinion on this game.
4K HDR10 (Dolby Vision) TCL TV and a 7.1 Sony Surround Sound system. Bought the game for XB1X to have the "definitive console experience".
What ever version I'm seeing is better than your PS4Pro version and I'm still not impressed with the game.
As far as the audio, I do audio and video for a living breh, that's what my media production company revolves around. This game has trash audio. I went from playing Apex Legends which KNOCKS and the guns sound powerful, to Metro and everything sounds weak as hell. (As far as audio, I had the same complaint about the first Wolfenstein reboot).
For perspective, go play battlefield 4 (hell if you REALLY want to know what audio should sound like go play Battlefield 3 and Battlefield Bad Company) and listen to how powerful the guns sound and how each sound is a direct reflection of the environment it's produced in. Then play this game and you'll easily notice how weak everything sounds. Have you not noticed how many actions in Metro don't even have sound effects associated with them at all?

Theres your problem. This game shyts on everything out with the PC version.

Stay inferior :mjgrin:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
So what's the verdict on this?
Played for about an hour and yes, the controls feel laggy. It’s exactly like that video. It reminds me of the way killzone felt on PS3. It’s like the game is too much for the console to handle so they intentionally slowed the controls down. Even on the highest settings the movement feels stiff and unnatural.
Game informer gave this game a high score and I don’t remember seeing them mention this at all.
It’s definitely something thats being overlooked.
The game doesn’t look as good as I thought it would either. It’s nice, don’t get me wrong, especially in the dark areas, but Red Dead Redemption looks better than this game to me.
Also, one of my personal pet peeves is audio, and in this game the audio is GARBAGE. Guns don’t sound powerful and there’s a TON of sound effects completely missing. Like why is it when the main character punches the dog, or stabs the monsters they don’t have any sound effect for it? Voice audio isn’t mastered properly either. Shots in the tunnel are mixed one way and the voices in the same space are mixed a different way. I’m a stickler for audio so it might not bother most people but it irks the hell outta me. I’m playing on my 7.1 surround system on my 4K hdr TCL tv on the XB1X and honestly I’m disappointed right now. So far it isn’t living up to the hype. I’m not giving up on it yet though.

I'm playing on hardcore also and would have gone back and changed it to ranger if the game didn't have any of the issues I mentioned.
As it is, I'm not interested in dragging out this experience longer than necessary.
You might think the graphics look better based on certain areas looking better than others. I was actually very impressed with one part where you're crawling through the tunnel and the moonlight is hitting the puddles. The light, textures, and overall feel of the environment was crazy, but soon as I got out, it opens up to an area the looked bland.
The character models throw me off as well. The facial animations aren't up to par with a lot of other games.
For a slower paced FPS like this one, I need the game to tick all of the right boxes and this one misses too many of them for me not to complain about it.
The game is supposed to be very atmospheric but has way too many issues that make the atmosphere and immersion completely fall apart.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
PC patch today

https://www.metrothegame.com/news/patch-notes-pc-hotfix/

Build numbers:

• Epic build (verify in-game from Main Menu Options or Pause menu) – 1.0.1.1
  • Epic Store/exe version – 0.1.0.12
  • Steam build (verify in-game from Main Menu Options or Pause menu) – 1.0.0.1
  • Steam Store/exe version – 3574956

Patch Notes:

• General Stability fixes
  • Optimization for Lower spec PC's
  • DLSS fixes and improvements to sharpness
  • Fixed wallmark vfx for DX11
  • RTX fixes and optimization
  • Added bugtrap support for reporting crashes to 4A Games
  • Benchmark tool fixes
Additional info:

• The new bugtrap tool will detect a crash or other fatal error that may occur in the PC version. It will gather some limited data from your machine and prepare a report that you can send to 4A Games via the Metro Support site. No user identifiable information is collected, but the report can be fully reviewed before sending. This is the message you will see if this occurs:

errormessage-pc-feb18.jpg

• For controller lag reports on PC – If you have a high spec machine capable of running at high framerate, but have vsync in half, you will likely experience controller lag issues. The larger the difference between the possible framerate of a machine, and the vsync setting, the more lag you may experience. Please switch vsync to off or full to reduce these chances. We are continuing to investigate this issue.

they say they fixed the DLSS blur @Ciggavelli

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
They did. I was just playing it. It looks A LOT more clear. I dunno what looks better, BFV with the DLSS patch and Ray-Tracing or Metro: Exodus with Ray Tracing and the DLSS fix.

Those are the only 2 games that have both at the moment, but they both look so fukking good. :whew:

Also, SLI is basically obsolete tech now. SLI doesn't work in DX12 with RTX on (at least not at the moment). There is no benefit to having 2 cards with these new games. Before, at least like 20% of games supported SLI, which made it worth it to me, but now it's basically 0% of games...Good thing I bought 2 2080tis....:francis: