Metro: Exodus | PS4/XB1/PC | Out Now

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
If you do what I did you get told that people in the area will probably hate you now. :lupe:

fukk um :manny:. It's to cold to be playing around with these nikkas. :camby:
I just ordered my copy online for in store pick up at best buy.
I still have GCU until the end of this month and I had $25 in gift cards on my account so I only paid $29 for this game.
Bout to pick it up on my lunch break and see what's up.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
I just ordered my copy online for in store pick up at best buy.
I still have GCU until the end of this month and I had $25 in gift cards on my account so I only paid $29 for this game.
Bout to pick it up on my lunch break and see what's up.
This being based on a novel helps the narrative be part of the game. Characters go into full on monologues when ur just idle standing near them. Even cats ur about to merk. :demonic: Lot of characters get a nice backstory or view into their perspective. Adds to the immersion

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
For my PC brehs: is this shyt stuttering every time you initiate gunfire for anyone else?

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
For my PC brehs: is this shyt stuttering every time you initiate gunfire for anyone else?
I’m playing on XB1X and the game started out as a stuttering mess. Enemies popping up out of no where and a glitch that cause one of those monsters to just stay stuck on my head. It’s arm blocked my view until I got to the next area. Once I got to the next area the game completely crashed. The hell is up with this game?

Brolic

High Value Poster
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
The railgun was too OP. I cleared a whole room full of mutants with one clip :birdman:.

I just beat it a few hours ago. The story was great. The ending was sad:mjcry:

I’m playing on XB1X and the game started out as a stuttering mess. Enemies popping up out of no where and a glitch that cause one of those monsters to just stay stuck on my head. It’s arm blocked my view until I got to the next area. Once I got to the next area the game completely crashed. The hell is up with this game?

Sometimes the corpses of the mutants/bandits would shake on the ground. Other than that, I had no problems at all on my PS4:blessed:.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
it's been smooth for me. rarely I get a little judder, but that seems like assets loading as you enter a new area

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Nah, shyt’s smooth for me in DX12. However, I tried out DX11, with the RTX features turned off, to try and get higher framerates, and I did get stuttering (it was pretty bad too). This is like the only game I’ve ever played where “extreme” is actually easier to run than “ultra.” shyt makes no sense :dwillhuh:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I'll give the game another try tonight. Hoping it was just a one off glitch.
It was mad frustrating though. I get home to play the "definitive console version" on my XB1X only to run into crap performance and a complete game crash within 30 minutes.

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
The railgun was too OP. I cleared a whole room full of mutants with one clip :birdman:.

I just beat it a few hours ago. The story was great. The ending was sad:mjcry:

Sometimes the corpses of the mutants/bandits would shake on the ground. Other than that, I had no problems at all on my PS4:blessed:.

Is there actually a lot of gameplay instead of dialogue? Everytime I look on YouTube I see what seems like 10 minute dialogues.

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'm trying to play this on controller but the input lag is fukking terrible. (Sometimes I don't want to use kb/m on non-competitive play :manny:) Is it this bad on console?

RTX is nice in the GI method. I'm not sure I'm "wowed" by it but I do now notice the "flatness" of the non-raytracing lighting. I probably need to adjust my monitor settings to appreciate the effect more. I think it's better than BFV reflection shyt.

Last edited:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I'm trying to play this on controller but the input lag is fukking terrible. (Sometimes I don't want to use kb/m on non-competitive play :manny:) Is it this bad on console?
I didn’t feel input lag in my 30 minute game play before it crashed but I’m gonna play a bit tonight. Ill let you know

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I didn’t feel input lag in my 30 minute game play before it crashed but I’m gonna play a bit tonight. Ill let you know
Playing on a monitor but this kinda what it feels like

Maybe cuz I've gotten used to using a mouse but it feels off

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Playing on a monitor but this kinda what it feels like

Maybe cuz I've gotten used to using a mouse but it feels off

Played for about an hour and yes, the controls feel laggy. It’s exactly like that video. It reminds me of the way killzone felt on PS3. It’s like the game is too much for the console to handle so they intentionally slowed the controls down. Even on the highest settings the movement feels stiff and unnatural.
Game informer gave this game a high score and I don’t remember seeing them mention this at all.
It’s definitely something thats being overlooked.
The game doesn’t look as good as I thought it would either. It’s nice, don’t get me wrong, especially in the dark areas, but Red Dead Redemption looks better than this game to me.
Also, one of my personal pet peeves is audio, and in this game the audio is GARBAGE. Guns don’t sound powerful and there’s a TON of sound effects completely missing. Like why is it when the main character punches the dog, or stabs the monsters they don’t have any sound effect for it? Voice audio isn’t mastered properly either. Shots in the tunnel are mixed one way and the voices in the same space are mixed a different way. I’m a stickler for audio so it might not bother most people but it irks the hell outta me. I’m playing on my 7.1 surround system on my 4K hdr TCL tv on the XB1X and honestly I’m disappointed right now. So far it isn’t living up to the hype. I’m not giving up on it yet though.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Played for about an hour and yes, the controls feel laggy. It’s exactly like that video. It reminds me of the way killzone felt on PS3. It’s like the game is too much for the console to handle so they intentionally slowed the controls down. Even on the highest settings the movement feels stiff and unnatural.
Game informer gave this game a high score and I don’t remember seeing them mention this at all.
It’s definitely something thats being overlooked.
The game doesn’t look as good as I thought it would either. It’s nice, don’t get me wrong, especially in the dark areas, but Red Dead Redemption looks better than this game to me.
Also, one of my personal pet peeves is audio, and in this game the audio is GARBAGE. Guns don’t sound powerful and there’s a TON of sound effects completely missing. Like why is it when the main character punches the dog, or stabs the monsters they don’t have any sound effect for it? Voice audio isn’t mastered properly either. Shots in the tunnel are mixed one way and the voices in the same space are mixed a different way. I’m a stickler for audio so it might not bother most people but it irks the hell outta me. I’m playing on my 7.1 surround system on my 4K hdr TCL tv on the XB1X and honestly I’m disappointed right now. So far it isn’t living up to the hype. I’m not giving up on it yet though.
Games fire :camby:

Controls are laggy and mechanical. Ps4 isn't worthy