Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes | PS4/PS3/XB1/360/PC | Out Now

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
Been known this, which is why I'm waiting until TPP and it's "too much for casual fan"-ness :blessed:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Yes I realize mgs plot has always been convoluted but IMO watching mgs 4 was like watching a mediocre anime. MSG 4 is the worst in the solid series IMO.
I have moved on from MGS4, it was basically the game that caused me to stop paying attention to game reviews online.

MGS4 getting a 10 was absolutely ridiculous to me...what a bad bad game.

Crakface

Daps
Reppin
L.A
4 was an attempt to explain the plot of 1,2, and 3. The first two of which were unplanned sequels. 4 was also an unplanned sequel because after every game the director tries to quit the series.

Basically 4 is a bunch of retcons. At that point the plot was already gibberish. Its even more nonsensical now. He should reboot the series and reconstruct the plot so its actually followable and makes sense.
Plot makes sense to me its just their motivations dont make sense. . The only part that doesnt make sense is why big boss would split from zero just because they cloned him and why they would want a world with endless war.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
I wonder if the idiots claiming paying $60 for an online only game like TitanFall is a ripoff, will go ahead and pay $30 for what is essentially one mission from the upcoming game. I mean, imagine paying $30 to play one GTA V mission? :laff:

Well, i guess when the pickings are extremely slim like they are in PS4 land, you'll take what ever scraps you can get....:laff:

Typical Sony gamers in bread line...

Starving-Child-5.jpg

"Feed us oh Sony overlords, we're starving out'chea!"

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
I wonder if the idiots claiming paying $60 for an online only game like TitanFall is a ripoff, will go ahead and pay $30 for what is essentially one mission from the upcoming game. I mean, imagine paying $30 to play one GTA V mission? :laff:

Well, i guess when the pickings are extremely slim like they are in PS4 land, you'll take what ever scraps you can get....:laff:

Starving-Child-5.jpg

Its 20 and its a multi plat game.

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz

Starving-Child-5.jpg

you making fun of suffering children, breh?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Plot makes sense to me its just their motivations dont make sense.
the plot is nonsense. at one point a man was possessed by an arm only to have the writer change that between games to some type of nano-machine brainwashing to fool the SoP system. he brainwashed himself so well he forgot be brainwashed himself so the son of the patriots system couldn't detect his motives.

I loved Metal Gear Solid 4 only because I accepted what i saw without analyzing it or expecting it to make sense. You can somewhat follow the plot as it's presented but the plot of the Metal Gear Solid series is the text book definition of convoluted non-sense. That's what happens when writers don't plan sequels and have to retcon between iterations to attempt to make some at best loosely connected stuff fit together properly.

Just watched this 18 minute S ranked speed run. I'm not buying this game. I'm gonna Youtube the cutscenes. all you do is go in that base and extract two people and that's it.

Last edited:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
I have moved on from MGS4, it was basically the game that caused me to stop paying attention to game reviews online.

MGS4 getting a 10 was absolutely ridiculous to me...what a bad bad game.
What you talkin bout bruh, everyone knows MGS4 was the best game ever made.
Sony gamers swore by it. You making up history bruh. MGS4 saved gaming bruh :ufdup:
Its 20 and its a multi plat game.
It is multiplat, but its $30

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

I watched the cut scenes in the mission. The actual gameplay is about an hour of normal play. there's 25 minutes of cut scenes.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
18 minutes? :laff:
If you know what you're doing the game is very short. All you do is go in the base and extract one person then go back and extract the other and that's it. The story could be summed up in a paragraph on Wikipedia. This is very much a $30 demo for Phantom Pain. If they offered a discount on PP if you bought this I'd do it but since they don't this is a total ripoff.