Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes | PS4/PS3/XB1/360/PC | Out Now

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
I'm getting this on PS3. I could get it on 360 but I'm sure Hideo can do something that'll make the PS3 version stand out. Also MGS just feels like a sony title.

I know the 360 version will have kinect support but :pacspit: that I don't have a kinect nor want one.

PC version will be godly but I don't have $1000 laying around to build a new one.
$500 PC hardware will crush the PS3/XBOX 360 version.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
:usure: cmon man to run at a playable rate?
Yes.

Man you guys really dont seem to understand how OLD that tech is. A damn Sandy Bridge celeron processor these days handles all the games thrown out there as long as the video card is fairly decent. A ~$100 card might get the job done.

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
pc games are a largely trash

dont listen to em! :pacspit:

i spent a g on this rig and i still cant find decent games to play, all the ones that you can play on consoles are BETTER on consoles :snoop:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
pc games are a largely trash

dont listen to em! :pacspit:

i spent a g on this rig and i still cant find decent games to play, all the ones that you can play on consoles are BETTER on consoles :snoop:
Here we go again with this. The ONLY clear advantage console games have is the online community in many games.

lower prices, better graphics, higher res, faster load times, and mod capabilities shyt all over the console market...its not even close. I will give you multiplayer...that's a given with the closed nature of the market...EVERY console is connecting to one single service like xbl or psn. Exclusives? PS3 has an advantage there as well, but at that point comes down to personal preference...I tend to like Sony exclusive so that's why I always say the best combo is the PS3 for exclusives and the PC for multiplatform titles.

Mountain

All Star
Daps
Reppin
more money
$500 PC hardware will crush the PS3/XBOX 360 version.

Nah, I keep hearing this but i dont see it. Here is a cross platform comparison of crysis 2 (arguably the best looking game to date) on a 360, ps3 and high end gaming rig:

Crysis_2_PS3_Xbox_360_PC_1.jpg

crysis-2-1-606x1024.jpg

crysis-2-3-611x1024.jpg

Neither versions looks that diffrent at all, and the difference is definitely no reason to spend large amounts of extra money on a gaming rig. Also I've never seen high end gaming PC cost $500 only, that sht should cost you at least a stack.

Ice Cold

King of Blades
Daps
link to a background on the trailer
Here's what we know about the Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes trailer | Joystiq
As far as we're able to tell, Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes takes place after the events of Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker in 1974, mostly likely immediately after. The military base shown in the trailer, Camp Omega, is an American "black site" located on the southern tip of Cuba -- "A slice of American pie on Communist soil, and out of U.S. legal jurisdiction."

The small boy being held in the cage is Chico, a child soldier of the Sandinista National Liberation Front and eventual member of Big Boss' private military company Militaires Sans Frontières, who supplied intelligence during the events of Peace Walker. After the initial dialogue between Chico and The Disfigured Man -- our working name for the mysterious figure in the trailer -- the radio chatter we hear is a conversation between Naked Snake/Big Boss and another unknown member of Militaires Sans Frontières.

The woman mentioned during their conversation is Paz Ortega Andrade, also known as Paficica Ocean. Paz was a pivotal character during Peace Walker; a triple agent that infiltrated the Militaires Sans Frontières, the CIA and the KGB in order to further the agenda of Cipher, an organization that would later be know as The Patriots. As her body was never discovered after the aquatic destruction of Metal Gear ZEKE at the end of Peace Walker, her whereabouts have been unknown until this trailer, where we learn that she was discovered by fishermen and is currently being detained in Camp Omega, along with Chico.

Naked Snake/Big Boss' mission is to infiltrate Camp Omega, rescue Chico and Paz and deliver them safely to Mother Base, Militaires Sans Frontières' off-shore headquarters.

What we don't know:

The identity of The Disfigured Man is the most obvious and glaring omission from our understanding of this scenario. Initially we thought he may in fact be Major Zero, but Zero's physical appearance at the end of Metal Gear Solid 4 refutes this. Whoever he is, he appears to be a commanding figure in, if not the leader of, a new military group called "XOF," which apparently has unknown affiliations with the United States government and is obviously FOX backwards.

We also don't know how Chico was apprehended or for what reason, or how much time has passed between the events of Peace Walker and Ground Zeroes. Given the fact that Chico has not obviously aged and Paz would have had to have only been in the ocean for a survivable amount of time, however, chances are that it hasn't been long. Mother Base's continued existence and functional operation is another strong indicator that the game takes place in 1974.
I never played MGS3 or 4, I played MGS2 on Xbox and that story line was :shaq2: I don't get how this series get so much love for the story when to me at least it makes no sense... is it supposed to be tongue in cheek?

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I really really don't get this..why the fukk do they have so much story elements from a game so few people played. It's so fukking stupid. Make it take place after 3 or someshyt if you wanna use big boss but having it a direct sequel to a psp game is retarded. Same bullshyt they did with Kingdom Heats 2, I'm sitting here like wtf is this shyt and apparently you have to have played some DS card game to understand the shyt.

502Nels

Pro
Daps
Reppin
TheVille
There's a HD version of Peace Walker on the PS Store for 19.99. I think imma cop it to know the whole story