Melle Mel's Response To Eminem Dropping Tomorrow

Starburst

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah I get that, but this moment is, or at least could be bigger than a petty clap back. This is a chance to highlight one of the greatests aspects of the culture that helped keep real 'beef' on simmer in the neighborhoods. Healthy competition within the arts instead of gang fights and nonsense.

That's what background Mel comes from, he is the forefather of concious rap. And in his interviews and podcasts, highlighting those aspects of the culture in leiu of the more negative shyt is the central theme. Him being a hater is evident but two things can be true at once.

It's why he listed off the top 5-10 rappers and said "How great are they, they're just some nikkas talking shyt". Meaning, all the money made, all the posturing and accolades are kind of pointless if the culture and commmunity are in shambles. Hip Hop has the power to do and be more than what it is.
I respect your opinion, but again, I don’t believe that Mel is doing this for the reasons you mentioned. I also don’t think that any kind of beef with Mel will change the direct of the culture. He wants to be acknowledged, and he wants money. Simple.

Please correct me if I’m wrong but I’m yet to see any effort by Mel to change the culture.

Toe Jay Simpson

Searchin’
Daps
Reppin
Carmel City
My thing with Eminem is this: why did nikkas wait 20 years to come at him like this?

All of a sudden around 2017 when he dropped that weak album nikkas got puff chested to say his name. Nobody but Ja Rule and a couple of underground rappers wanted the smoke when he was in his prime and his raps actually made sense. He got away with a racist tape leak and people stayed silent. Dude is now a recluse in his 50’s and everybody wants smoke.

Starburst

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My thing with Eminem is this: why did nikkas wait 20 years to come at him like this?

All of a sudden around 2017 when he dropped that weak album nikkas got puff chested to say his name. Nobody but Ja Rule and a couple of underground rappers wanted the smoke when he was in his prime and his raps actually made sense. He got away with a racist tape leak and people stayed silent. Dude is now a recluse in his 50’s and everybody wants smoke.
Maybe that’s why. Everyone thinks it’s safe to say whatever they want because Em is lowkey now.

drederick tatum

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I said my name's Melle Mel, and I'm here to say, I hate Eminem in a MAJOR way
Uh huh huh huh huh
GreedyMassiveChanticleer-size_restricted.gif

DaHNIC82

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Off The Cuff Radio/ScrewballRadio/BudeBoyEnt
Mel has been shyt on Jay for a while now lol. he compared 2pac to Hitler :laugh:

Funny thing is he'll talk shyt about Jay and then be jeffin with him at award shows, he been threatening to do it to these meatballs for decades, now he actually dissed someone that will diss him back. This is what he wanted, let him cook.

He about to unlock the Fresh prince family guy flow on Em