Mel Gibson's next movie Hacksaw Ridge will be THE WWII film (Trailer Inside)

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
battle scenes were great even if they were over the top. Dialogue and pretty much the first hour was corny and felt like a made for tv movie but like others said before, things really pick up once the battle starts. Movie would have been much better if it started at desmond going to training.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
What a nonsensical film. CO who values human life beyond all else inspires the massacre of thousands of human beings. How dafuq does the ending fit with the message in the rest of the film?
How does he inspire a massacre? They were tasked to take the ridge one way or another, Doss just inspired the others that through perseverance it could be done.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How does he inspire a massacre? They were tasked to take the ridge one way or another, Doss just inspired the others that through perseverance it could be done.

And through this inspiration thousands of human beings were killed.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They had a tank...the platoon were on foot

Breh the ending of Fury was without doubt the stupidest fukking thing I've ever seen in my entire life. Are you trying to tell me four men and a tank would be able to wipe out an entire SS platoon?

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
And through this inspiration thousands of human beings were killed.

They weren't going to just give up on taking the island and the war wasn't magically going to stop. It was pretty much addressed by his father who said the war wasn't going to adjust to his ideals. He acknowledged that but still had to help in the only way he could. In the end he turned a lot of people around because of his conviction, but the bottom line is that they were still fighting a war.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
the battle scene

violent and gory as hell

rest of movie was a bore to me

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
Really good movie but that last shot was so cheesy I almost turned it off, my lord. This is the best work Sam Worthington has done. I liked the first half more then most people here I guess

Conz

Superstar
Daps
... yeah so, this shyt was Pearl Harbor.

Everyone shyts all over that but this one is a Best Picture contender? Help me explain this. Is it because this is a "true" story and Pearl Harbor just made up a bullshyt love triangle? the action in PH is awesome.

The first hour was easily as bad as Pearl Harbor's bullshyt. The first half of this movie is objectively bad, boring, corny, schmaltzy, etc anything else you wanna throw at it. Some intense war action and that's about it. Garfield was really good in those scenes, but man i fukkin hated him before they got to the ridge. Listening to his high pitched heehaw speak was painful.