Mel Gibson's next movie Hacksaw Ridge will be THE WWII film (Trailer Inside)

Daps
Reppin
Golden Era/Drama free Zone
How could it be "ruined" by religious propaganda when there never even would have been a movie without the religious elements? :why:

None of that movie would have even happened if that boy hadn't had really, really strong religious convictions. :blessed:

GIbson actually downplayed a lot of the religious shyt from where it could have gone. In real life the love story was a girl he met at church, she didn't become a nurse until after the war. The stuff about Desmond having the 10 Commandments hanging on his wall and vowing "Thou shall not kill" from that was 100% true, and really a bigger part of his childhood than they even played it up to be in the movie. He really did enter the military as a conscientious objector, and really did have commanding officers who tried to kick him out on multiple occasions. And the war scenes could have had more religious overtones - Gibson completely left out that Doss absolutely believed he was being protected by God the whole time and believed that that's how he survived, or that he men began to believe he was literally untouchable. He had one time where he had the chance to kill a Japanese soldier in the middle of the war, and didn't, because of his convictions. Not to mention that Gibson kept out the story of the Japanese soldier who claimed afterwards that he tried to shoot the medic multiple times but his gun jammed.

And the scene where the soldiers risked their lives to go back and get Doss's Bible from the battlefield? That happened. :dwillhuh:

Sorry, but in real life this shyt was a really, really religious story.

Hacksaw Ridge vs the True Story of Desmond Doss, Medal of Honor

That last shot on the stretcher was corny as fukk though. :mjgrin:
just cause some old religious racist cac said it happen doesn't mean it happened

wouldn't surprise me if the entire movie is ducktales

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
just cause some old religious racist cac said it happen doesn't mean it happened

lol, people underestimate how crazy shyt can get in war. Read up on Audie Murphy. Dude was the highest decorated soldier of WW2 and after the war his popularity led him to become a movie star. He even starred in a movie about his own heroics, which were ironically toned down for the film because even he knew that audiences would think them to be too unbelievable.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

You think HE'S the one who said all that shyt happened? :gucci:

You think that Congressional Medals of Honor and multiple Bronze Stars from actions in half-a-dozen different engagements are awarded just off of self-reported duck tales from some lame who is refusing to carry a gun? :francis:

The MEN who fought alongside him are the ones who reported all that shyt happening. And they were soldiers with guns, the type of people who completely hated on conscientious objectors. How in God's good name do you think that a Conscientious Objector who'd been getting hated on for all of basic training would be suddenly turned into a hero by the very 77th Division that had been hated on him, if he hadn't done some REAL shyt on the battlefield?

Sergeant Howell, portrayed by Vince Vaughn in the movie, came to Desmond's tent and told him to turn in his aid kits, that he was no longer a medic. Colonel Gerald c00ney was pressured into holding the hearing and Desmond was called to answer the mental instability charge. "I told him, 'Sir, I cannot accept no Section 8 off my religion.' To me, I feel I'd be a very poor Christian to accept a Section 8 off my religion." Desmond told Colonel c00ney he would be just as good of a soldier as him. The officers relented and knew Washington would never approve a Section 8 solely on religious grounds.
"I went to my battalion commander, Colonel Gerald c00ney," recalled the real Jack Glover (portrayed by Sam Worthington in the movie), "and I suggested that, in my opinion, Doss should be transferred." It should be noted that after later fighting alongside Desmond, Jack Glover's opinion of him changed entirely. "He was one of the bravest persons alive, and then to have him end up saving my life was the irony of the whole thing."

The army doesn't just go around turning men who refused to fight for the army into fake heroes. That the OPPOSITE of their agenda. :usure:

A conscientious objector had NEVER been award the Medal of Honor before. :mjcry:

Desmond was a real one. :wow:

Hacksaw Ridge vs the True Story of Desmond Doss, Medal of Honor

Heelish

#TSC #spooky
Supporter
Daps
"from the director of bravehart..."

really, they can't even mention the guy's name :martin:

i'm a jew and even i don't care at this point. get the fukk over it.:camby:

movie looks amazing tbh. not surprised.

that's my jew hating, girlfriend threatening, holocaust denying GOAT:mjcry:

you know he'll never win another oscar:mjcry:
This WASP pretending to be Jewish just to get away with saying the bolded. :beli:

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
I finally got around to watching this on Netflix. It was a very well made movie and it basically got right the shyt I didn't like about Dunkirk. Some of the religious shyt was corny like them waiting for Garfield to pray for them towards the end.

I'm still :mindblown:Andrew Garfield got a best actor nomination for this. I thought his performance was good but not great.

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I finally got around to watching this on Netflix. It was a very well made movie and it basically got right the shyt I didn't like about Dunkirk. Some of the religious shyt was corny like them waiting for Garfield to pray for them towards the end.

I'm still :mindblown:Andrew Garfield got a best actor nomination for this. I thought his performance was good but not great.

Yea it was corny but it’s a true story so i was not too mad about it :yeshrug:

Movie went from zero to 100 in no time tho :picard: