Mel Gibson's next movie Hacksaw Ridge will be THE WWII film (Trailer Inside)

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I saw this trailer in 'Hell Or High Water' yesterday......halfway through I realize it was 'Hacksaw Ridge', absolute trash, looks like the December release Spielberg usually churns out.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Surprised ppl are anticipating this, corporal upham was one of the most annoying cretins in saving private ryan and now you tell me we are going to get a movie that centres on a similar character only rather than being a pus he chooses not to kill on principle? So when he goes to war we just watch his comrades get blown up while he's protected by the "lead character" shield fuk that

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
This is the part of the trailer where I was definite that this movie was going to be ass:

uUSLvkI.gif

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
First reviews coming in
Seems like Mel has a hit on his hands.

Venice Film Review: Mel Gibson’s ‘Hacksaw Ridge’

Hmm, seems like gibson gives you that old fashioned Sgt. York type biopic.

No surprises there. Gibson's eye for directing has always been tremendous and this is the kind of material he thrives on.

This movie looks like overly sentimental, manipulative bullshyt.

Except pretty much every critic has confirmed that the violence is raw as fukk, to emphasize the horrors of war and show how deep the determination of Doss was to continue to go into the battlefield for the sole purpose of rescuing whoever was still able to be rescued.

This is the part of the trailer where I was definite that this movie was going to be ass:

uUSLvkI.gif

Oh never mind, I see you've already given up on giving the movie a fair chance.:francis:

Surprised ppl are anticipating this, corporal upham was one of the most annoying cretins in saving private ryan and now you tell me we are going to get a movie that centres on a similar character only rather than being a pus he chooses not to kill on principle? So when he goes to war we just watch his comrades get blown up while he's protected by the "lead character" shield fuk that

He doesn't watch them get blown up, he goes into battle every time alongside them to rescue whoever he can. You know, the actual job of a medic. And how the hell can it be a "lead character" shield when it's a true story and Doss survived the war to become the first conscientious objector to be awarded a Medal Of Honor?:dwillhuh:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Except pretty much every critic has confirmed that the violence is raw as fukk, to emphasize the horrors of war and show how deep the determination of Doss was to continue to go into the battlefield for the sole purpose of rescuing whoever was still able to be rescued.

Oh never mind, I see you've already given up on giving the movie a fair chance.:francis:
Maybe they need to cut a new trailer that doesn't play like a Hallmark Channel movie because the only trailer I have seen for this movie makes it look like a lot of treacly pablum. And I would love for it to actually grab me because I usually tend to enjoy Mel Gibson directed movies.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
No surprises there. Gibson's eye for directing has always been tremendous and this is the kind of material he thrives on.

He doesn't watch them get blown up, he goes into battle every time as a medic. And how the hell can it be a "lead character" shield when it's a true story and Doss survived the war to become the first conscientious objector to be awarded a Medal Of Honor?:dwillhuh:
:ehh:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Maybe they need to cut a new trailer that doesn't play like a Hallmark Channel movie because the only trailer I have seen for this movie makes it look like a lot of treacly pablum. And I would love for it to actually grab me because I usually tend to enjoy Mel Gibson directed movies.

The studio is very clearly being marketed to the Bible belt since that's the audience that carried American Sniper to a $350 million domestic run. Regardless of that the movie was received tremendously well in test screenings and reviews coming out of Venice are also overwhelmingly positive. Everyone who has ever seen a movie by Gibson knows he doesn't shy away from gore or violence and again, this has been reported to be a very hard R on par with Apocalypto, Braveheart and Passion Of The Christ.

Mostly it’s due to the film’s extraordinary second half, in which the protagonist – US army medic Desmond Doss – takes part in the assault on Okinawa. the bloody battle in 1945 for the islands just south of Japan itself, when the war in the Pacific was entering its own dying frenzy. Gibson’s gift as a director has always been the coruscating portrayal of violent combat, imparting the viscera-knotting energy of a slasher film to the conventional matrix of the sober war film. It’s not possible to say if Hacksaw Ridge contains the most violent or gruesome combat scenes ever filmed, but let’s just say it resembles Paul Verhoeven’s Starship Troopers without any of the satire or audience-winking.

“Hacksaw Ridge” is the work of a director possessed by the reality of violence as an unholy yet unavoidable truth. The film takes its title from a patch of battleground on the Japanese island of Okinawa, at the top of a 100-foot cliff, that’s all mud and branches and bunkers and foxholes, and where the fight, when it arrives (one hour into the movie), is a gruesome cataclysm of terror. Against the nonstop clatter of machine-gun fire, bombs and grenades explode with a relentless random force, blowing off limbs and blasting bodies in two, and fire is everywhere, erupting from the explosions and the tips of flame-throwers. Bullets rip through helmets and chests, and half-dead soldiers sprawl on the ground, their guts hanging out like hamburger.

If this is how critics describe the battle scenes, I'd rather go in blind and be blown away by it rather than having a trailer spoil some of it.:wow:

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I thought the trailer was a little less then forthcoming that this was directed by Mel 'bury you in the fukking rose garden' Gibson, with that 'director of Braveheart' (released in 1995) line, I felt like standing up in the somewhat crowded theater and saying 'That's Mel Gibson. Mel Gibson directed this movie!'