Meet Sling TV: Internet TV for $20 a month. Incl. Disney Channel, ESPN, and ESPN2 and more..

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
Dead ass only think keeping me from getting rid of Time Warner Cable is NY1 News channel(No bias) & Walt Frazier's commentary on MSG during Knicks games...If I could get that, I'd be straight & just buy the commercial free shows that I want on my X1.

Anybody know how I can accomplish this? :feedme:

You can get MSG Go on the App Store and get a Optinum Cable Log In from someone you know has that cable service, connect your tablet/phone to TV when the Knicks are on to watch it widescreen. That it you could get BallStreams to watch all NBA games in HD.

I think you can watch NY1 online on your computer with a TWC/Optinum Cable login.

RhymesWell

All Star
Daps
I love the fact they added History channel and H2. I got it for ESPN but now I got AMC, IFC, EL REY. It's top notch

Jesus Shuttlesworth

I Got Game
Daps
Reppin
Sovereignty
If I can get HBO and only have to pay $5 more compared to $15 for HBO Now then that's a good look. shyt bet not be a joke

shyt is $15, b. The only difference between this and HBO Now is this one won't be Apple exclusive at launch.

:ohhh:Damn it seems like HBO played the shyt outta Apple. Gave em exclusive rights to "HBO Now" for GoT but then launched an identical "HBO" for errbody else. :mjlol:

"Aye, we said HBO Now was for Apple only." :yeshrug:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I want true a la carte. I wish it wasn't an "impossibility." :mjcry:

Viacom, Disney, AOL Time Warner, Discovery Network aint letting that happen soon. If they do, they will make the prices so rediculous that you pretty much will just buy the package of their channels instead of a la carte.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
shyt is $15, b. The only difference between this and HBO Now is this one won't be Apple exclusive at launch.

:ohhh:Damn it seems like HBO played the shyt outta Apple. Gave em exclusive rights to "HBO Now" for GoT but then launched an identical "HBO" for errbody else. :mjlol:

"Aye, we said HBO Now was for Apple only." :yeshrug:
So it seems sling is getting live hbo just as if it was part of a cable package. I thought that's what HBO Now was but I guess not
HBO on Sling will not be HBO Now -- it will be like HBO as you watch it on cable. Sling TV subscribers will be able to watch HBO live through the Sling app, which works on streaming devices from Amazon and Roku, as well as on PCs and Android and Apple mobile devices. Sling says that the same programming found on HBO Go and HBO Now will also be available in Sling’s on-demand library.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Just got it yesterday. Will check it out. Not liking the interface much but I'm sure they'll work on that. It'd be nicer if we can save stuff to a queue to watch later, like hulu. Like let's say I see a movie coming on later but I'm not gonna be at home, if I can record it to watch later. I know they have that playback option tho but I'm not sure how far back it goes and if every channel has it. It's a good thing tho for the channels they offer and the extra packages available.

bigrice25

DUUUVAAAAAALL!!!
Daps
Reppin
DUUUVAAAAAAAAAL
Using the 1 month free through Xbox live... its coo so far, watched some NCAA tourney games, Walking dead.... i probably won't re-up though.

Daps
My connection was smooth at launch. Been buffering like a mf and every day AT&T e-mail me about the 29$ package with $250 in gift cards. Isp's are definitely throttling it.:francis:
That said probably won't re up. Ballstreams and espn login keep me fed.