Meccapolis Top 100 New York Rappers List

DaMos Supreme

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I been saying this. X is literally nothing like Pac musically. I think people who compare them just aren't all that tapped into X's music. Which is understandable

But X was basically an East Coast Scarface mixed with a touch of Onyx. X was an excellent crime story teller. That's his most underrated attribute as a rapper.
I agree.

X’s ascension came at the time when the game was still reeling from Pac and Big’s deaths, and X’s aggressive content was in stark contrast to Bad Boy/Diddy opulent glossy-shiny suit pIayboy sound that was dominating (Sidebar, that’s not to discredit the Wu-Forever run). People and the media just got caught up in the similar appearance and the vulnerability emotive-introspective raps that they both possessed.

Last edited:

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
Actually glad to see Rae get some respect on his name...its not the popular opinion but I've always personally preferred him over Ghost too. Ghost has the stronger discog but I always felt Rae was the better rapper and lyricist :yeshrug:

DaMos Supreme

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
OBFCL >> Ironman and Supreme Clientele, but Ghost > Rae when it comes to an all-time list.

Some solid points have been made about Rae’s impact, but let’s not also forget Ghost was pretty much carrying and upholding the Wu’s legacy during the 2000’s mainly through his music

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
What does it matter if OB4CL is better than Ironman?

GFK is on damn near every track of the album :mjtf:

DaMos Supreme

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Rakim is number one because he shifted the whole culture. He’s one of the godfathers of modern rap.
There’s no doubt in his influence and his impact can’t be denied, but he was largely inactive from 92-97, during another ‘Golden Age’ so to speak (I know there were some other things with Eric B. that kept him inactive to a degree ). I’s rank him high, but I can’t give him numero uno, IMO.

Last edited:

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
i would put nas first based off his 90s run and his latest run. and i can listen to his music. :manny:

JA_Carter

Superstar
Daps
I’m loving the Raekwon love though, OBFCL 1 & 2 are classics and I’m one of the few that loves Immobilarity. Plus he was arguably neck and neck with Meth and BIG as the GOAT feature artist of the 90’s