Meccapolis Top 100 New York Rappers List

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
Nothing on the Big Noyd album with all the collabs with Prodigy & Havoc come anywhere close to fukking with this :whoa:

Breh im listening to this album he said 2 from big Boyd...and I appreciate hearing these P verses I never heard......

But..... they gotta be kidding me about this album. Breh reminds me 2 much of cormega. he just can't do it on his own. He's really not a good rapper. he's built for a guest appearance thats it.

If it wasn't for the Mobb deep verses on here I woulda been turned this shyt off.

If they wanna talk about him up again J-hood go ahead; that might be more of a fair fight; but I'm still taking J-Hood. And J-hood is a bozo but he can rap.

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
Matter of fact, Kool Keith on the British electronic dance music alone shyts all over several artists on this list, like action bronson aka the Ghosftace biter :mjlol:

Walt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You clearly haven’t listened to a Sheek Louch album if you think he hasn’t made a great to classic album :mjtf:

He might low key have the best debut album from LOX :sas2:

Nah breh you wilding :dwillhuh:

KTGG was easily 4 mics
KOD woulda got 4 maybe 4.5 mics from me
(5 if he woulda scrapped the 3 worst tracks and replaced it with records on par with the rest or just scrapped them and left rest of the album as is)
Last Kiss was dope but too many features, 3.5-4 mics
T5DOA was def no less than 4 mics
Ignatius was no less than 4-4.5 mics

And WATS is definitely a classic

:sas2:

It’s one thing to not have Cormega in the top 15-20 of all time but he definitely a top 20 maybe 15 NY rapper of all time :stopitslime:

Kiss got at least 5 albums :mjtf:

Your taste in rap is severely singular.

And Sheek is fukkin trash.

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
I'll never forget when Tony Yayo randomly destroyed Sheek Louch with the simplest bar

"Styles and Sheek Louch went double plastic"

That's pretty much what I remember about Sheek Louch

Xtz23

All Star
Daps
I'm gonna actually spin this because I don't think you're trolling.

But for the sake of keeping it real even if it is; the fact still remains everyone knows DBLOCK and nobody knows big noyd like that.

I hope you just put me onto a slept on gem.

Prodigy killing shyt :blessed: over prime hell on earth shyt. This track could’ve easily been on hell on earth& that’s speaking on the quality of this ep. None of these prodigy verses are throwaways and this is him in his prime (he’s on every track besides 1 or 2 tracks) over prime havoc beats. This was intended to be a album but I thinknoyd got locked up so they never finished it.

Also I’ve already agreed and said that d block is better than noyd but this ep is high quality dope.:damn: I’m not trolling I’ve mentioned this ep many times on here before.I copped this shyt as well since it got re released recently.

Last edited:

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC

Prodigy killing shyt :blessed: over prime hell on earth shyt. This track could’ve easily been on hell on earth& that’s speaking on the quality of this ep. None of these prodigy verses are throwaways and this is him in his prime (he’s on every track besides 1 or 2 tracks) over prime havoc beats. This was intended to be a album but I thinknoyd got locked up so they never finished it.

Also I’ve already agreed and said that d block is better than noyd but this ep is high quality dope.:damn: I’m not trolling I’ve mentioned this ep many times on here before.I copped this shyt as well since it got re released recently.

Exactly. Nobody is saying that Noyd is better than Jada, but his first album is a classic. I copped the rerelease as well :wow:
QB Purple Tape

Mike Wins

Superstar
Daps
Whatever I think about the list, got to give a shout to the 2 that made the top 20 after always having questionable label and management situations.

AZ, classic debut that never get the credit it deserve for the heavy influence it had on 2 of the top 3's 1996 classics. Dope follow up that got buried due to his label folding. This was the era where you got one, maybe two chances or the industry put you on the shelf for good but he found a way to keep going. AWOL and The Format both crazy underrated. Dude used two samples that was used for later Billboard #1 tracks after but got no label push. Hey AZ dropped like a week before Mariah Carey "Honey" and got buried. Better management would have had him on "Honey" and on R&B lead singles left and right like Mase.

G Rap, most impressed I ever been listening to a rapper the first time. Probably the best pure spitter ever. Never forget when my cousin got 4,5,6 and listening with the :scust: face the whole time. Label also pulled his best album off shelves because the cover was offensive. Pathetic shyt. Rawkus also fukked his comeback album release up in historic fashion but at least he got a big check out of it. Dude never had the machine behind him at all, still recognized just off the strength of his skills.