Meccapolis Top 100 New York Rappers List

A Tribe Called Quest ™

Make Em Say Ughh ... Silk da Shocker
Daps
Reppin
Chiraq
Sheek Louch remains the most hilarious shyt about this list
:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

I might rank Sheek slightly above Melachi the Nutcracker and significantly lower than Lil' Dap. Sheek Louch must've been on the fukkin committee or at least in the room meanmuggin

If Sheek would've been #100 I still would've been incredulous, but this wack nikka is ahead of like 50 other nikkas including bonfide legends with classic albums

:dead::dead::dead:
Is we even taking Sheek over Asap Ferg?

mikishere

#byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Aight.. a couple complaints as a long time hip hop fan. Rah Diggs shouldn’t be on this list. If you can rank Ma$e you can rank Ja. Busta is a top 10 MC from NYC. Based on your criteria. And a bunch more.

ra diggs being on this list with some of the people that were snubbed is INSANE. i was someone who was originally giving the OP and their team some grace for the list seeing how hard it is to do correctly when it comes to including different generations, but there are definitely some missteps that a full new york hip hop content team wouldnt have allowed. still appreciate the effort though.

Walt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
ra diggs being on this list with some of the people that were snubbed is INSANE. i was someone who was originally giving the OP and their team some grace for the list seeing how hard it is to do correctly when it comes to including different generations, but there are definitely some missteps that a full new york hip hop content team wouldnt have allowed. still appreciate the effort though.

Cats have Ra Diggs 500 bonus points for criminal authenticity.

I knew Diggs’ personal driver from childhood. They tried to have him killed in jail and son went into witness protection.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Dude could have never rapped and NY hip hop would be completely the same

Average person has no idea who this is or ever heard a song from him

Last edited:

Consigliere

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
We need OP to make a top 25 who didn’t make the list.

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
top 5 is a stretch. 10? cool

for the 5, who you taking out?

Jay, Nas, Big, LL, Rakim?

This my top 5 btw in no order. (well Rakim is 5)

Naaaaah, KRS was always in my Top 5 for the city.

B.I.G., KRS, Nas, Jay and Rakim. Not in order, lol.

Then I got Chuck, LL, Kane, G Rap and 10 is always tied between a few people.

Heavy_Handz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Jadas albums were all considered meh and disappointing when they dropped...never ever heard anyone say they are classic.
Who was saying Kiss of Death was disappointing? :gucci:

You dudes need to go back and listen to that album again in 2024 cause that shyt knocks from front to back :camby: