Meccapolis Top 100 New York Rappers List

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Ok if you wanna put DMX ahead of Jadakiss do you. But Kiss was way nicer than DMX for a longer period of time. Let’s not act like DMX didn’t fall off due to all his issues with drugs and legally. Jadakiss is still relevant as a spitter to this day! Years after most of the list is just has beens. Kiss in my top 5 easily.
Nah I think X is wild overrated and have said so for years, I prefer Jada. I'm just saying I don't think Jada deserves Top 5...

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
Weren’t Pun technically only had one solo he died two months before the second album came out so he couldn’t take advantage of besides it only went Gold which was low considering the man died. He was overhyped respectfully like why since him has there not been a notable Spanish rapper from NY not unless you count Fab who dropped in 2001.
Over hyped?
Respectfully, I saw him live twice, been listening and speaking to industry folks about him..he was the most requested and respected not called DMX..he was Hot!!

DOSDUMUNI

Pass N' Fly Records
Daps
Ja Rule
E Money Bags
Mic Geronimo
Parrish Smith
Big Noyd
Masta Killa
Tek

Should all be on here but thats just me.

And were Jim Jones and French Montana mentioned yet?

Killa Sin?

:francis:

Kinguno

The Immortal
Daps
Reppin
New York
DMX is like AI who made the finals and won MVP but after that it wasn’t so good but he made and impact but then you can argue he took a lot of Tupac’s steeze and incorporated the Dog motifs

But Jada has been consistently an allstar who never had a chance to be MVP. He was more consistent and had more iconic lines.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
Kiss Tha Game Goodbye & Kiss of Death both classic albums :mjtf:
no-nope.gif

Mike Wins

Superstar
Daps
Over hyped?
Respectfully, I saw him live twice, been listening and speaking to industry folks about him..he was the most requested and respected not called DMX..he was Hot!!

Yeah if anything Pun is underrated because his run was so short. But dude was a monster, I don't know if anyone had that same combination of technical excellence blended with humor and charisma like he had. The run he had 97-99 with all those classic guest spots and his own classic album was crazy.

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
So left off the top of my head is Jay, Big, Nas, X, Rakim, P, LL, Kane

I'm missing two obvious ones, but it's early in the morning lol. Maybe Fab and Raekwon? Or were they listed already and I overlooked it?

Man ,can you make a list one day? I trust your judgment. Im appalled at the shyt im seeing

Budda

Superstar
Daps
At what point in Cam’s career was he bigger than Tical/Tical 2000 era Meth?

Oh Boy era, it might not reflect in sales but his impact as a solo rapper is a lot stronger than Methods today for that reason. Cams influenced stands the test of time, any great influence Meth has is directly tied to Wu Tang.

Budda

Superstar
Daps
While Method Man was the most popular member of the Wu, Cam was a bigger driving force of Dipset and I think that counts for ssomethig. Cam was both the RZA and Meth of that movement

Exactly plus Camron has more influence on this modern generation and the generation before, Cam needs his flowers, Camron came out in 98 4 years after the Meth dropped his first album and still maintained a level of influence and following into the 00’s, Method Man stopped being a big deal as a solo entity after the late 90’s

Camron managed to stretch different times as a relevant solo artist in a way Method Man never did.