Meccapolis Top 100 New York Rappers List

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Yeah, Nas never blackballed Mega, lol. He isn't that kind of dude.

In '97, Stoute was managing Nature at the time, and Trackmasters. So he was the one that wanted to get Mega up outta there. Mega's issue seemed to stem from him feeling like Nas didn't come to bat for him. So he started getting at everybody involved, including Chris. So that's when they shelved his album and he was kinda in limbo for a minute. That Firm album was a big deal, so Stoute cutting him from the roster right when he was about to drop his own album was crazy. So Mega spent the next few years getting at all of them, except AZ.

But that's how Stoute was. A lot of funny moves behind the scenes that really f*cked up people's careers. If he's not pitting people against each other, he's lying about something and getting people dropped from labels or starting tension between friends. It's who he is.

Thats EXACTLY what happened according to both Mega himself and Steve Stoute out of their own mouths.

Cormega was hurt that Nas told him to his face he was choosing Stoute over Mega and not going to bat for him. Nas and Mega were in QB and Nas told Mega that Stoute changed his life and he would die for him and if Stoute said Mega was out then he was out. This hurt Mega deeply because he thought Nas would ride for him.

Steve Stoute said he purposefully kicked Mega out of The Firm because Mega was arrogant and had the attitude that Nas owed him something. Mega also refused to sign the management deal with Stoute but Nature did so they replaced Mega with Nature.

Mega was upset about the whole thing and crashed out, dissing Nas and Nature but Nas never personally blackballed Mega and Mega has admitted he went about the entire situation in the wrong way. His attitude, bitter feelings, and the way he treated Chris is what led to him getting shelved at Def Jam.

All of this is public record. If your saying Nas blackballed Mega in 2024 then you know even less about NY Hip Hop rap than Master P in 93 snd shouldn’t be making any NY centric lists whatsoever.

Don Jesus

All Star
Daps
Thats EXACTLY what happened according to both Mega himself and Steve Stoute out of their own mouths.

Cormega was hurt that Nas told him to his face he was choosing Stoute over Mega and not going to bat for him. Nas and Mega were in QB and Nas told Mega that Stoute changed his life and he would die for him and if Stoute said Mega was out then he was out. This hurt Mega deeply because he thought Nas would ride for him.

Steve Stoute said he purposefully kicked Mega out of The Firm because Mega was arrogant and had the attitude that Nas owed him something. Mega also refused to sign the management deal with Stoute but Nature did so they replaced Mega with Nature.

Mega was upset about the whole thing and crashed out, dissing Nas and Nature but Nas never personally blackballed Mega and Mega has admitted he went about the entire situation in the wrong way. His attitude, bitter feelings, and the way he treated Chris is what led to him getting shelved at Def Jam.

All of this is public record. If your saying Nas blackballed Mega in 2024 then you know even less about NY Hip Hop rap than Master P in 93 snd shouldn’t be making any NY centric lists whatsoever.

This is what I mean by crab shyt

Ok cool you win nas didn’t blackball him

The overall point was that Mega resurrected himself twice. Once after he got out of jail, second time after his career got sabotaged

I worded it as “Nas blackballing Mega”

And someone said “Nas didn’t blackball Mega you fukking idiot” completely skipping over the overarching point to focus on a minor detail

Then you nikkas go on and on about that detail forgetting the overall point to the point where you are now saying I don’t know anything about nyc hip hop because of it

Crab shyt

Whether Nas blackballed Mega, or Stoute did, or if Mega blackballed himself, whatever

The point is he resurrected himself twice

Focus

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Raekwon in top 10 is ok but over Pun??
I could see Rae over Pun simply because they both only have 1 solo classic and Raekwon's was better, plus he has the Wu Tang shyt.

Pun was a better technical MC, but to me, on all-time list, technical ability matters but it doesn't supercede discography and impact.

For example, I think a lot of MCs are technically more skilled than Chuck D, but he's top 15-20 rappers ever based off discography, impact and social importance.

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
I could see Rae over Pun simply because they both only have 1 solo classic and Raekwon's was better, plus he has the Wu Tang shyt.

Pun was a better technical MC, but to me, on all-time list, technical ability matters but it doesn't supercede discography and impact.

For example, I think a lot of MCs are technically more skilled than Chuck D, but he's top 15-20 rappers ever based off discography, impact and social importance.
When Pun came on he was cosigned by every respected Emcee and artist. They were practically pushing him to drop and feature on their stuff & vice versa. Pun had two solos , a terror squad group LP, Don Carta guest appearance and hundreds of features hip hop & rnb from 96-2000.
Rae has a classic LP but let's not forget Ghostface was also on that shyt.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
When Pun came on he was cosigned by every respected Emcee and artist. They were practically pushing him to drop and feature on their stuff & vice versa. Pun had two solos , a terror squad group LP, Don Carta guest appearance and hundreds of features hip hop & rnb from 96-2000.
Rae has a classic LP but let's not forget Ghostface was also on that shyt.
Those Terror Squad albums and them other solos from Pun are pretty forgettable. All due respect to the legend.

mikishere

#byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Jadakiss #12 NY rapper of all time is fukking hilarious :mjlol:

Bar for bar he destroys 99% of rappers ever and his catalog is way too heavy. He should be top 5 with Biggie, Nas, Hov & Rakim. Longevity absolutely should be taken into account!

i love kiss (pause) but :what:

might have to start a thread on people overrating jada in recent years, top 7-12 in NY is a good ranking for him.