Meccapolis Top 100 New York Rappers List

Walt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Sheek Louch remains the most hilarious shyt about this list
:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

I might rank Sheek slightly above Melachi the Nutcracker and significantly lower than Lil' Dap. Sheek Louch must've been on the fukkin committee or at least in the room meanmuggin

If Sheek would've been #100 I still would've been incredulous, but this wack nikka is ahead of like 50 other nikkas including bonfide legends with classic albums

:dead::dead::dead:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Yeah even if I don't fukk with Nicki musically just as an MC Lil Kim ain't even in her class and impact goes way higher. Kim may have paved the way but Nicki built a whole neighborhood on top of it
I wonder if Meccaopolis had any females voting on the panel

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
Cool to hear these details. Since it came up on the last page you got any insight on what really went down with Mega, Nas, Stoute, Def Jam and Chris Lighty?

I always thought the idea an artist with two albums at Columbia could blackball someone signed with Def Jam and Chris Lighty was comical :mjlol:

I know Stoute pulled some snake shyt and Mega talked about being one of the many to whoop Stoute ass, but he still got a track on the Violator comp in 1999 and I vaguely remember Lighty saying dude refused to listen to anyone after they fell out. But we really only ever heard Mega side.

Yeah, Nas never blackballed Mega, lol. He isn't that kind of dude.

In '97, Stoute was managing Nature at the time, and Trackmasters. So he was the one that wanted to get Mega up outta there. Mega's issue seemed to stem from him feeling like Nas didn't come to bat for him. So he started getting at everybody involved, including Chris. So that's when they shelved his album and he was kinda in limbo for a minute. That Firm album was a big deal, so Stoute cutting him from the roster right when he was about to drop his own album was crazy. So Mega spent the next few years getting at all of them, except AZ.

But that's how Stoute was. A lot of funny moves behind the scenes that really f*cked up people's careers. If he's not pitting people against each other, he's lying about something and getting people dropped from labels or starting tension between friends. It's who he is.

Cool DOC

All Star
Daps
The Louch hate is uncalled for. I don’t know the criteria but that man can rap & rap well.

Knowingg Meccapolis, I could see AZ in the top, say 12.

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps
1. First thing first, shoutout to Meccapolis (@Don Jesus ) for attempting to do this.
2. New York is the most difficult state/region to do a top 100. Probably would've been smart to do another area first to get your feet wet and work out some of the issues that are glaring for this list.
3. Run and DMC aren't one person. They need to be separated. You didn't do this for anyone else. Sorry, that bothered me.
4. The biggest problem is the criteria doesn't match the placements. There probably needs to be some commentary on each group you release to provide context.

Heavy_Handz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Billy Danze not on top 100 NYC rapper list is asinine. Dude was straight NASTY on Firing Squad, First Family 4 Life & Warriorz. Not to mention all of the features through the years. Epitome of NYC boom bap hardcore shyt. So many hard bars & he had one of the rawest voices & delivery in history. HOW ABOUT SOME HARDCORE?!