Meccapolis Top 100 New York Rappers List

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
Sheek Louch remains the most hilarious shyt about this list
:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

I might rank Sheek slightly above Melachi the Nutcracker and significantly lower than Lil' Dap. Sheek Louch must've been on the fukkin committee or at least in the room meanmuggin

If Sheek would've been #100 I still would've been incredulous, but this wack nikka is ahead of like 50 other nikkas including bonfide legends with classic albums

:dead::dead::dead:

Wait a min. Sheek Louch made the top 50? :russ: I completely missed that one. What kind of garbage is that.

Some retarded shyt :mjlol:

Over legends such as Q-Tip, Eric Sermon, Big L, Guru, Masta Ace, etc.

Some high quality trolling right there. chinese bots would come up with better rankings. Sheek Louch in top 50. Is Sheek behind Meccapolis?

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
Emotional bytch with a garbage list.
Calling people dusty, stuck in the 90s, while giving Sheek fukking Louch a top 50 spot over several legends with classic albums. Oh boy....Should have stayed at top albums list, cause this is very very bad. It takes bare minimum to get all those clear legends in top spots like Nas, Krs, LL Cool J, etc. But the middle is where we wanna see some consistency, and this shyt just sucks, random chat GPT levels of ranking.

I have never heard anyone call Sheek Louch a bigger NY legend than Q-Tip.

Budda

Superstar
Daps
Are you saying Dipset was bigger than Wu? They weren’t.
Or Cam was bigger than Meth as a solo artist? He wasn’t.
Can is a bigger solo rapper than Meth no question, Meth shone bright at times but all round Cam became bigger.

Don Jesus

All Star
Daps
1. First thing first, shoutout to Meccapolis (@Don Jesus ) for attempting to do this.
2. New York is the most difficult state/region to do a top 100. Probably would've been smart to do another area first to get your feet wet and work out some of the issues that are glaring for this list.
3. Run and DMC aren't one person. They need to be separated. You didn't do this for anyone else. Sorry, that bothered me.
4. The biggest problem is the criteria doesn't match the placements. There probably needs to be some commentary on each group you release to provide context.

I’m apart of the Meccapolis page I don’t own the page

Why would we do another region the page is a NYC page

The Albums and the Artist list he agreed that he will do a revised version in a couple weeks because he knew that no matter how much he perfected the list there would still be complaints so he dropped this to gauge what the main complaints would be

That being said even if he revised the list there would still be shyt people would complain about. Hip Hop is a genre where people are very critical of its curation *until* it’s time to talk ownership. None of this passion ever equates to anything that matters just internet bicker

The page at least attempts to somewhat curate inner city nyc culture in a unique way and dignified way

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
So left off the top of my head is Jay, Big, Nas, X, Rakim, P, LL, Kane

I'm missing two obvious ones, but it's early in the morning lol. Maybe Fab and Raekwon? Or were they listed already and I overlooked it?

Heavy_Handz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Jadakiss #12 NY rapper of all time is fukking hilarious :mjlol:

Bar for bar he destroys 99% of rappers ever and his catalog is way too heavy. He should be top 5 with Biggie, Nas, Hov & Rakim. Longevity absolutely should be taken into account!