Meccapolis Top 100 New York Rappers List

Walt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Tragedy is my dude, so I can speak on The War Report. I was there for that.

He didn't write Nore or Capone's rhymes, but the direction of the album, production selection, even down to the cover and damn near all the concepts came from him. He had the idea for that a couple years before it even dropped. I still have the early demos for the album that never came out. He was taking CNN around the city and shopping them for a minute. My guy Mayhem was the one that told Trag to bring them up to Penalty. This dude Neil signed them up there, and Trag was definitely running the show for that whole project. Which is where the issues came from with the financial situation with Nore and Capone.

But dude is an absolute legend and just a wild cool dude to know. Bro was making classics and repping QB way way back, and learned the business from Marley early on. He deserves all the love and respect from heads who know what's up.

I guessed you were Chrl back on SOHH by the way

89 tech 9

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
Tragedy is my dude, so I can speak on The War Report. I was there for that.

He didn't write Nore or Capone's rhymes, but the direction of the album, production selection, even down to the cover and damn near all the concepts came from him. He had the idea for that a couple years before it even dropped. I still have the early demos for the album that never came out. He was taking CNN around the city and shopping them for a minute. My guy Mayhem was the one that told Trag to bring them up to Penalty. This dude Neil signed them up there, and Trag was definitely running the show for that whole project. Which is where the issues came from with the financial situation with Nore and Capone.

But dude is an absolute legend and just a wild cool dude to know. Bro was making classics and repping QB way way back, and learned the business from Marley early on. He deserves all the love and respect from heads who know what's up.

I will never say Trag dont deserve his props.. dude hella dope. But his placement is high. But Trag deserves his fuhking flowers man.. he really does.

With anything, its always people who accomplished more that aint necessarily better than you. And thats what category Tragedy falls into on a top 100 list

Daps
I didn’t see Kris yet
I didn’t see Kane yet
I didn’t see G Rap yet
I didn’t see Rick yet
I didn’t see Rakim yet

:ehh:

qnsfinest

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
All this right here.

I just said the same. This is just a list of the people dude likes. That's why bro is talking about all this "charisma, impact, popularity" nonsense. It's just a way to cover up the fact that the list and order are trash. I haven't seen one person agree with any of this. So you'll get the engagement you want, but like somebody said in this thread, people are gonna look at you funny now. Sh*t is too goofy.
All this nikka had do was put “this is my personal top 100” and i wouldn’t have cared if he put cormega number 1. But you can’t put up a criteria and then come up with this bullshyt ranking.

Last edited:

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
I don't pay attention to these old ass nikkas beefing over bullshyt. Phil is 41, Mozzy is 37, nikkas too old for stupid shyt and it wasn't even street business. It was straight up rap beef...

I'm a fan of both but fukk that beef shyt. I will say, both them nikkas would be ahead of a number of nikkas on this NY list 🤣 Phil rode Fat Joe's "What's Love" beat harder than Crack did and Mozzy discog better than a number of these nikkas...

Yea I was talking about the music strictly....they had some good diss records....I dont care about the other shyt nor would I know :hubie:

I just think they're dope MCs

Don Jesus

All Star
Daps
All this right here.

I just said the same. This is just a list of the people dude likes. That's why bro is talking about all this "charisma, impact, popularity" nonsense. It's just a way to cover up the fact that the list and order are trash. I haven't seen one person agree with any of this. So you'll get the engagement you want, but like somebody said in this thread, people are gonna look at you funny now. Sh*t is too goofy.

It’s getting cosigns from rappers that are on the list I don’t think I give a fukk about a crab nikka named Awesome Wells opinion

You’re an annoying cornball, we get it you don’t like the list. Go make your own list (which you won’t do because you’re a lazy yapper) or shut the fukk up

And that “he’s doing it for engagement” shyt is hilarious. Why are you giving me the engagement I seek if that’s the case?

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
It’s getting cosigns from rappers that are on the list I don’t think I give a fukk about a crab nikka named Awesome Wells opinion

You’re an annoying cornball, we get it you don’t like the list. Go make your own list (which you won’t do because you’re a lazy yapper) or shut the fukk up

And that “he’s doing it for engagement” shyt is hilarious. Why are you giving me the engagement I seek if that’s the case?

Here this bum n*gga go again..

Bro, nobody knows you exist. The list is trash. You're emotional because you know it does and people are voicing their opinions. Which is what we do on here. Nobody is giving "you" engagement. It ain't your IG page. Everyone is saying it's wack. But for some reason, you keep coming back to ME. Don’t be mad, just do better. Crying all over your keyboard ain't gonna change anything for you. You looking real crazy right now.

Don Jesus

All Star
Daps
Here this bum n*gga go again..

Bro, nobody knows you exist. The list is trash. You're emotional because you know it does and people are voicing their opinions. Which is what we do on here. Nobody is giving "you" engagement. It ain't your IG page. Everyone is saying it's wack. But for some reason, you keep coming back to ME. Don’t be mad, just do better. Crying all over your keyboard ain't gonna change anything for you. You looking crazy right now.

crab talk

Nobody cares

Make your own list or stfu

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
crab talk

Nobody cares

Make your own list or stfu

My opinion seems to matter most to you. And that's cool. But yeah, I think the list is trash. But so do 492 other people in this thread. Go reply to some of them. I don’t feel comfortable with you being so focused on me. That sh*t is weird. We're all saying the same sh*t on here, but you're only worried about MY posts. Your feelings are hurt, but don’t embarrass yourself like this, fam. Relax.