Meccapolis Top 100 New York Rappers List

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
It can be a unique thing shared between them and still be a shoddy basis for a sweeping comparison.

In that one respect, they're similar but it's like I said, you gonna make a declaration as bold as a Big Noyd EP being the QB CUBAN LINX, specifically as a case for Big Noyd being a top 100 New York MC you need a more substantive reason than them just being group albums disguised as solo albums. shyt it actually hurts his case cuz you can just argue Mobb Deep carried it.
I think we agree that they have these certain similarities. In my opinion, that justifies making the QB Purple Tape comparison. You disagree. That’s fine.

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Who u think won the battle, rich or mozzy :lupe:
I don't pay attention to these old ass nikkas beefing over bullshyt. Phil is 41, Mozzy is 37, nikkas too old for stupid shyt and it wasn't even street business. It was straight up rap beef...

I'm a fan of both but fukk that beef shyt. I will say, both them nikkas would be ahead of a number of nikkas on this NY list 🤣 Phil rode Fat Joe's "What's Love" beat harder than Crack did and Mozzy discog better than a number of these nikkas...

No Homo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jigga with the Roley and the Vest
Is she more popular? She has a big impact as a female MC but Method Man today is more talked about and more importantly, revered than Kim. All I Need was a bigger hit than anything Lil Kim made and then the various other classic songs. Like the nikka made one of the most iconic hooks in NY rap history :heh:

At one point Method Man and Biggie were 1a and 1b as the biggest rappers in NYC. It was only really 94 through summer 95 but still. More than anything you could say about Kim. Even if you want to make it a pure popularity thing, even with underwhelming solo albums, Meth still had about a 8 year run as a viable commercial rapper.

Method man is the most popular member of one of the most popular groups in not just rap.... but music groups of all time :dead:

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
Garbage ordering
but i get it, breh is getting his attention and engagement

Clearly the goal.

Because people in the comments on IG are just as confused and annoyed as everyone on here, lol. List doesn't make any sense, at all. But that's to be expected with online sh*t, these days. Say crazy sh*t to get traffic. It's wild obvious.

ADP

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think Banks is way too high but I guess the G-Unit affiliation carried him. As long as Nas is rated #1.

based on his opinions in the top ny albums, its HIGHLY unlikely

he's gonna have big or Jay, prodigy prolly top 5 at least.

my bet is BIG and can understand

respect the work put into the list but based on his own criteria a few choices make no sense, feels it could've been done a bit better

and lol at Fab having stans... guess you do learn something new every day
:yeshrug:

my personal carefuly curated top 20 NY born MCs:

1. :ahh:
  2. :ahh:
  3. :ahh:
  4. :ahh:
  5. :ahh:
  6. :ahh:
  7. :ahh:
  8. :ahh:
  9. :ahh:
  10. :ahh:
  11. :ahh:
  12. :ahh:
  13. :ahh:
  14. :ahh:
  15. :ahh:
  16. :ahh:
  17. :ahh:
  18. :ahh:
  19. :ahh:
  20. :huhldup:

Boonapalist

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Lakers
nikka you 40 and called yourself an "old head" 🤣 go somewhere my boy...

Any head can name the biggest rappers from a city, but what this just told me is you can't tell me anything about Lil Blood, Philthy Rich, or Guap4000. Don't pretend like you really in tune with Cali rap like that 🤣 ...
That One Mob Let it Blow used to go.

And if he was gonna go old school Northern Cali he should’ve named nikkas like the RBL Posse, The Jack, Mac Mall, etc to prove his point. Not nikkas that’s been well known 🤣

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
based on his opinions in the top ny albums, its HIGHLY unlikely

he's gonna have big or Jay, prodigy prolly top 5 at least.

my bet is BIG and can understand

respect the work put into the list but based on his own criteria a few choices make no sense, feels it could've been done a bit better

and lol at Fab having stans... guess you do learn something new every day
:yeshrug:

my personal carefuly curated top 20 NY born MCs:

1. :ahh:
  2. :ahh:
  3. :ahh:
  4. :ahh:
  5. :ahh:
  6. :ahh:
  7. :ahh:
  8. :ahh:
  9. :ahh:
  10. :ahh:
  11. :ahh:
  12. :ahh:
  13. :ahh:
  14. :ahh:
  15. :ahh:
  16. :ahh:
  17. :ahh:
  18. :ahh:
  19. :ahh:
  20. :huhldup:
This thread making me come off like a Fab Stan and I never even looked at myself that way 🤣 he is one of my favorite NY rappers though so maybe I am 😆...
That One Mob Let it Blow used to go.

And if he was gonna go old school Northern Cali he should’ve named nikkas like the RBL Posse, The Jack, Mac Mall, etc to prove his point. Not nikkas that’s been well known 🤣
Exactly, that nigha just talking...

• Dap
Reactions: ADP

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
This has to be a troll attempt or something like that, to gain clicks and discussions.

Look how low Method Man is rated. One of the most universally famous rappers, where even countries that don't speak English have plenty of Method Man fans.

One of the greatest flows, one of the best voices on the mic. A rapper who actually ramped up his skillset as his career was progressing. One of the biggest NY Hip Hop names in mid 90s when New York was still in its prime years. He has it all for a legitimate star status.

Zero explanation why he's so low, some shyt like posters are stuck in the 90s, then he proceeds to make several dusty 90s selections in higher places.

This is the classic situation when someone just ranks something he likes but then tries to present it as some objective ranking. Nah, what you like doesn't mean it's objectively the greatest thing.