Meccapolis Top 100 New York Rappers List

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
Not even fukkin close. He doesn’t have the catalog, the impact, subject matter, lyrics to be ranked higher than any of the names I mentioned. All the names I mentioned aside from joe got multiple classics to their names, hiphop changing classics.

Fab is basically Michael beasley of hiphop. Gonna win a few one on one games, but overall ain’t winning shyt.

But i also realized who im replying to. So im gonna see my way out of this convo with you.

I blame fab for the way that jadakiss collab album turned out. I'm assuming he was in the driver seat.

Daps
I got mixed up…anyway where does Fab rank to you then?

Not better than Q-Tip

Where they have him probably makes sense in the grand scheme but compared to a guy that had solo hits, generational influence & his group work was among the best in music overall much less rap?…no way

Not a super big fan of Q-Tip but his pedigree speaks for itself

qnsfinest

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
I blame fab for the way that jadakiss collab album turned out. I'm assuming he was in the driver seat.
he just can’t put together a cohesive album together to save his life. Bunch of mediocre 3.5 mic albums. Lacks in substance, lacks in subject matter and lyrics.

I like fab, but nikkas is crazy if they think he belongs in the same breath as the rappers I mentioned.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
he just can’t put together a cohesive album together to save his life. Bunch of mediocre 3.5 mic albums. Lacks in substance, lacks in subject matter and lyrics.

I like fab, but nikkas is crazy if they think he belongs in the same breath as the rappers I mentioned.

I always wondered why he didn't ghostwrite....but then I saw his social media :mjlol:

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York

Those clu tapes were serious.....then later on he had the soul tape series I fukked with.

I just think he gets in his own way. He really needed someone to executive produce him bad.

qnsfinest

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
Those clu tapes were serious.....then later on he had the soul tape series I fukked with.

I just think he gets in his own way. He really needed someone to executive produce him bad.
He’s got solid mixtapes, but nothing earth shattering. If we were to remove fab from hiphop, hiphop world would be the same.

qnsfinest

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
Love and hiphop wouldn't be the same tho :troll:
To each their own man, when it comes to things like this. Everyone got their own lists, I got mine, I got lists for everything, im sure you got your own. I don’t care about agendas, regions, old or new, i care about hiphop.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
To each their own man, when it comes to things like this. Everyone got their own lists, I got mine, I got lists for everything, im sure you got your own. I don’t care about agendas, regions, old or new, i care about hiphop.

Oh yea I know; they killed me for mine. its the most biased personal list ever :russ:
I just put all my favorite shyt and it happens to be where I'm from :dead:

was not being objective at ALL just keeping it real 2 me :myman: