Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Lol…that’s the point

How the fukk can you look at a mixtape like an album? An album has rules

Creatively worthwhile
Standout Songs that drive sales or have staying power
You have to fight with your label’s ideas of what the track listing or lead single should be so it doesn’t damage overall product
Since we’re talking about rap you have to be ready for the chance the musician you try to sample saying no

Mixtapes it’s anything goes
Song with no hook? Great
Sample The Beatles & Sting? Great
A body of work with no cohesion or theme? Great

And while we’re at it…Fab doesn’t have a tape that rocked the world like No Mercy No Fear, Trap Or Die, Dedication etc

He’s always been so so with the nikkax that check for him checking for him
You just name dropped Trap Or Die and Dedication, those tapes and series had themes, had cohesion...

Fab's series had themes. There Is No Competition, The Soul Tapes, Summertime Shootout. These are three different series with distinctive themes. I'll agree he doesn't have one tape that goes in the lane of the ones you mentioned but his best tapes are certified classics. And dropping tapes in the era everybody was dropping them, having classic tapes in the era tape quality was matching albums, he gets legacy points for that...

Maybe yall ain't big on him in Brooklyn like that but he's someone ill say the reverse for, he's always been pretty popular outside NY/Tristate/Northeast, far as NY rappers go. He doesn't have iconic impact but being popular and relevant for like 20 years while never being an A-lister is kind of a credit to the quality of his music because he wasn't doing shyt else...

Daps
You just name dropped Trap Or Die and Dedication, those tapes and series had themes, had cohesion...

Fab's series had themes. There Is No Competition, The Soul Tapes, Summertime Shootout. These are three different series with distinctive themes. I'll agree he doesn't have one tape that goes in the lane of the ones you mentioned but his best tapes are certified classics. And dropping tapes in the era everybody was dropping them, having classic tapes in the era tape quality was matching albums, he gets legacy points for that...

Maybe yall ain't big on him in Brooklyn like that but he's someone ill say the reverse for, he's always been pretty popular outside NY/Tristate/Northeast, far as NY rappers go. He doesn't have iconic impact but being popular and relevant for like 20 years while never being an A-lister is kind of a credit to the quality of his music because he wasn't doing shyt else...

If Fab was going to be popular anywhere it would be where he’s from. It’s not necessarily about that in my eyes.

He was able to stick around because he put out hits off of overall did albums

For example i highly doubt ATL nikkax would argue with conviction about Luda because nikkax knew what it was. His albums were forgettable in the moment but his hits kept the party going.

His whole career predicated on trying to figure out whether he wanted to be Mase or Jay

IMO there’s only room for one nikka to be upper echelon with bad albums, memorable tapes & great freestyles…

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
If Fab was going to be popular anywhere it would be where he’s from. It’s not necessarily about that in my eyes.

He was able to stick around because he put out hits off of overall did albums

For example i highly doubt ATL nikkax would argue with conviction about Luda because nikkax knew what it was. His albums were forgettable in the moment but his hits kept the party going.

His whole career predicated on trying to figure out whether he wanted to be Mase or Jay

IMO there’s only room for one nikka to be upper echelon with bad albums, memorable tapes & great freestyles…
So the longevity in relevancy means nothing? 20 years relevant isn't something alot of people achieve and he's done it without being an actor. Like I'm an MC Lyte fan but she doesn't have a 20-year relevancy as an artist; her acting accentuated her pop culture appeal. Just giving an example...

Fab has over 20 years with no crossover lane. That speaks to his music because if it didn't resonate he'd have been packed up like Canibus or someone else...

They got Mase higher than him. Mase isn't a better rapper than Fab. Mase had a higher commercial peak but Mase doesn't have a longer run as a rapper than Fab, Mase's relevancy is more on his extended breaks and the flip flop shyt. And I was a big Mase fan but he gets gassed off his affiliations and his debut drop...

He doesn't deserve to be higher on this list than Fab...

I agree Fab's commercial drops are mostly mid but he recovered nicely with the tape runs. Easily one of the GOAT tape rappers, it has to mean something. If he didn't have the tape legacy I'd understand your stance better...

Daps
So the longevity in relevancy means nothing? 20 years relevant isn't something alot of people achieve and he's done it without being an actor. Like I'm an MC Lyte fan but she doesn't have a 20-year relevancy as an artist; her acting accentuated her pop culture appeal. Just giving an example...

Fab has over 20 years with no crossover lane. That speaks to his music because if it didn't resonate he'd have been packed up like Canibus or someone else...

They got Mase higher than him. Mase isn't a better rapper than Fab. Mase had a higher commercial peak but Mase doesn't have a longer run as a rapper than Fab, Mase's relevancy is more on his extended breaks and the flip flop shyt. And I was a big Mase fan but he gets gassed off his affiliations and his debut drop...

He doesn't deserve to be higher on this list than Fab...

I agree Fab's commercial drops are mostly mid but he recovered nicely with the tape runs. Easily one of the GOAT tape rappers, it has to mean something. If he didn't have the tape legacy I'd understand your stance better...

Fab was not “relevant” for 20 years lol

By the early 10s he entered his niche fanbase phase. That soultape shootout shyt resonated with nikkax who always liked him. He was no longer moving needle like that outside the Tri state

You might as well be arguing for Currensy in that case

He’s at the point where he could get a feature from most but actual relevant artist aren’t being told by their label they need a feature from Fab on the album lol

Last edited:

Don Jesus

All Star
Daps

By the early 10s he entered his niche fanbase phase. That soultape shootout shyt resonated with nikkax who always liked him. He was no longer moving needle like that outside the Tri state

He’s at the point where he could get a feature from most but actual relevant artist aren’t being told by their label they need a feature from Fab on the album lol

That’s called relevancy. Thats why he is a 10 in longetivity. What you’re referring to is Popularity. Two different things

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC

So if Fab was frontlining Clue tapes in '99, '00 era, and to your own admission can still get features from damn near any major artist now, that ain't over 20 years of relevancy? Where was the gap in relevancy?

Keep in mind he never went the acting lane, he doesn't have anything else that propped him up because his music was dry. I'm trying to get where you're coming from, his credibility is strictly off the music and his tape run is legendary and more than makes up for his weaker albums...

Guaranteed there are inferior figures in NY rap that are ranked above him on this list and we can start with Mason Betha...

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
Stop being biased. Lil Kim is more popular than Method Man. Anybody disagreeing is delusional

Hardcore is better than any Method Man album. Meth’s best album is TICAL and that album didn’t age well and pales in comparison to the other prominent Wu albums bc the original got lost in RZA’s flood

Their longetivity is the same. Neither have been relevant rappers for about a little longer than a decade now

You’re also delusional if you think Kim isn’t more impactful

Hardcore was ghostwritten by arguably the best rapper ever.. are you insane with the comparison?.. the bytch been trash since Big died for a reason

Kim and Fox both should not be top 50

Don Jesus

All Star
Daps
Hardcore was ghostwritten by arguably the best rapper ever.. are you insane with the comparison?.. the bytch been trash since Big died for a reason

Kim and Fox both should not be top 50

I don’t give a fukk who it was written by

Lil Kim changed the trajectory of female hip hop. Both her and Foxy Brown did in their respective ways

So she deserves to be up there

This isn’t a miracle lyrical rapper list. The criteria is in the caption. You nikkas don’t read. Starting to think it’s because you can’t read

You nikkas think ghostwriting is biggie writing the lyrics while all Kim does it say it. Theres alot of work Kim has to put into those lyrics to make it work