Meccapolis Top 100 New York Rappers List

Xtz23

All Star
Daps
Either way can’t compare it to The Purple Tape :heh:
It’s not an album so it can’t be compared but if it had got completed i think a classic album would’ve happened for sure….(I’m not saying it compares to Cuban linx since it’s comparing a ep to a album and Cuban linx is a goat album) With that said I think episodes of a hustla is the goat extended play (EP)

Xtz23

All Star
Daps
Fab over Meth? Nah lol
Damn I just saw this after I just posted the same shyt. That is some dead wrong shyt.

shyt is crazy....

I like fab but he don't have the credentials.
no way theres 39 mcs better than meth period much less from ny only. and i really do try to see other peoples pov but i would love to hear justification for lil fukking kim over meth lol

lyricism - meth
popularity - meth
albums - meth
impact - u could maybe go kim here? did she invent thot rap?
longevity - meth
charisma - meth

On top of that the resurgence that meth has had these last 5 years slaughtering every verse in sight and killing rappers on their own shyts

Xtz23

All Star
Daps
Stop being biased. Lil Kim is more popular than Method Man. Anybody disagreeing is delusional

Hardcore is better than any Method Man album. Meth’s best album is TICAL and that album didn’t age well and pales in comparison to the other prominent Wu albums bc the original got lost in RZA’s flood

Their longetivity is the same. Neither have been relevant rappers for about a little longer than a decade now

You’re also delusional if you think Kim isn’t more impactful
Tical is a classic. Meth should’ve been way higher and there’s no way lil Kim lol or fab is in the same tier

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
My breh said Crush on You was just as big as All I Need. This list is wild :russ:

This here.

Meth and Mary got a damn Grammy for that song! HAHA!!

And Fab over Puba, Meth and Q-Tip is just high level retardation. Where are the classics? At this point, we gotta just laugh at the list and have a good time with clowning it. Nobody f*cks with it.

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Fab doesn’t have a single album that resonated in his career nor influence or impact. Him being so high is a misstep
The argument that could be made for Fab is if you view albums and tapes equally, which I do; Fab is one of the greatest mixtape rappers ever. Top 5 type shyt, his tape run is killing most nikkas discogs period...

So if you value tapes the same way you value albums I could make the argument Fab should be a little higher. Not Top 10 or Top 20 but I could argue that 39 is low...

Also why wouldn't tapes be valued equally, sales in the industry shifted a long time ago and the tapes being dropped like album releases started a long time ago...

Daps
The argument that could be made for Fab is if you view albums and tapes equally, which I do; Fab is one of the greatest mixtape rappers ever. Top 5 type shyt, his tape run is killing most nikkas discogs period...

So if you value tapes the same way you value albums I could make the argument Fab should be a little higher. Not Top 10 or Top 20 but I could argue that 39 is low...

Also why wouldn't tapes be valued equally, sales in the industry shifted a long time ago and the tapes being dropped like album releases started a long time ago...

Lol…that’s the point

How the fukk can you look at a mixtape like an album? An album has rules. Rules set in stone to the point so many hopefuls out of the city that had buzz were tripped up because they couldn’t follow them and their careers ultimately floundered

Creatively worthwhile
Standout Songs that drive sales or have staying power
You have to fight with your label’s ideas of what the track listing or lead single should be so it doesn’t damage overall product
Since we’re talking about rap you have to be ready for the chance the musician you try to sample saying no

Mixtapes it’s anything goes
Song with no hook? Great
Sample The Beatles & Sting? Great
A body of work with no cohesion or theme? Great

And while we’re at it…Fab doesn’t have a tape that rocked the world like No Mercy No Fear, Trap Or Die, Dedication etc

He’s always been so so with the nikkax that check for him checking for him