Meccapolis Top 100 New York Rappers List

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
I think it’s a really dope NYC album but most underrated album of all time? I can’t agree with only 8 tracks. No similarities to Purple Tape at all to me aside from having Mobb Deep all over it like some Wu-Tang shyt.
What’s a more underrated album?
And I already explained the similarities. Do you dispute them?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
no way theres 39 mcs better than meth period much less from ny only. and i really do try to see other peoples pov but i would love to hear justification for lil fukking kim over meth lol

lyricism - meth
popularity - meth
albums - meth
impact - u could maybe go kim here? did she invent thot rap?
longevity - meth
charisma - meth

Don Jesus

All Star
Daps
no way theres 39 mcs better than meth period much less from ny only. and i really do try to see other peoples pov but i would love to hear justification for lil fukking kim over meth lol

lyricism - meth
popularity - meth
albums - meth
impact - u could maybe go kim here? did she invent thot rap?
longevity - meth
charisma - meth

Stop being biased. Lil Kim is more popular than Method Man. Anybody disagreeing is delusional

Hardcore is better than any Method Man album. Meth’s best album is TICAL and that album didn’t age well and pales in comparison to the other prominent Wu albums bc the original got lost in RZA’s flood

Their longetivity is the same. Neither have been relevant rappers for about a little longer than a decade now

You’re also delusional if you think Kim isn’t more impactful

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
Stop being biased. Lil Kim is more popular than Method Man. Anybody disagreeing is delusional

Hardcore is better than any Method Man album. Meth’s best album is TICAL and that album didn’t age well and pales in comparison to the other prominent Wu albums bc the original got lost in RZA’s flood

Their longetivity is the same. Neither have been relevant rappers for about a little longer than a decade now

Hardcore's a good album but I don't see how it's any better than Tical or Tical 2000, also good albums... plus 4:21 is also underrated so Meth's three good albums are beating Kim's one good album

Did Kim ever have a bigger solo hit than All I Need? Nah not really

Does she a bigger song than Da Rockwilder? Nah not really

Also even if you wanna argue popularity...at the end of the day, c'mon son...Meth shytS on her in pure skill...like it's not even close, Meth is CRUSHING her on rapping ability

Daps
Reppin
NULL

agree to disagree. especially on popularity. i would say meth was more popular during both of their heights and i would def say meth is more popular now. he was the face of the biggest nyc rap group of the 90's. and all i need is ICONIC, kim has no song that compares. not to mention hes an actor! hell there may be people who know him more for how high than his raps but that should still count as popularity.

and naw, maybe im in the minority but i got tical and t2000 over hardcore. but god damn im just sitting here thinking what about guest verses? The What, got my mind made up, extortion, the ice cream hook. lol naw i cant put some chick spitting biggies rhymes over method man. like i can maybe understand impact but thats it.

Don Jesus

All Star
Daps
Hardcore's a good album but I don't see how it's any better than Tical or Tical 2000, also good albums... plus 4:21 is also underrated so Meth's three good albums are beating Kim's one good album

Did Kim ever have a bigger solo hit than All I Need? Nah not really

Does she a bigger song than Da Rockwilder? Nah not really

Also even if you wanna argue popularity...at the end of the day, c'mon son...Meth shytS on her in pure skill...like it's not even close, Meth is CRUSHING her on rapping ability

Stop the straw man argument. I didn’t disagree that meth is more lyrical. I said she is more popular than him, has more impact and has a better album than his best album

A lot of Kim’s greatness is retrospective. All I Need was big but Crush On you was big too and it grew bigger in the internet era because of the fashion in the video.

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
Stop the straw man argument. I didn’t disagree that meth is more lyrical. I said she is more popular than him, has more impact and has a better album than his best album

A lot of Kim’s greatness is retrospective. All I Need was big but Crush On you was big too and it grew bigger in the internet era because of the fashion in the video.

No straw man, just facts :yeshrug: