Meccapolis Top 100 New York Rappers List

Heavy_Handz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
I call it the QB Purple Tape because it’s a Noyd solo album (the Purple Tape is a Raekwon solo album) but Prodigy has a verse on damn near every song (like Ghost has a verse on damn near every song on the Purple Tape) and the beats is wall to wall HOE era Hav (the Purple Tape was wall to wall RZA).

So there are too many similarities for me to not call it the QB Purple Tape.

The Infamous is The Infamous.
Either way can’t compare it to The Purple Tape :heh:

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
I’m not saying it’s as good as the Purple Tape, but it’s a classic, it’s the most underrated album in hip hop history and it has many similarities to the Purple Tape.

So…QB Purple Tape.
Another way it parallells OB4CL to me is that Noyd/Rae had to prove themselves  after the clan/Mobb dropped classics.

Infamous/36 Chambers struck because they kind of came out of nowhere and are artists (Rza and Gza and Hav/P) having to reinvent themselves after debut misfires.

Heavy_Handz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
I’m not saying it’s as good as the Purple Tape, but it’s a classic, it’s the most underrated album in hip hop history and it has many similarities to the Purple Tape.

So…QB Purple Tape.
I think it’s a really dope NYC album but most underrated album of all time? I can’t agree with only 8 tracks. No similarities to Purple Tape at all to me aside from having Mobb Deep all over it like some Wu-Tang shyt.