rick-ross.gif

HAAAAAAAN

:salute:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Big L quite possibly is the most overrated rapper in NYC history. If nikkas was this hype about him when he was alive he wouldn’t have still been in the hood

“Dead rappers get better promotion” - Jadakiss

The legion of white boys and internet dudes that nuthug him is annoying. When he was alive the height of his popularity was amongst Harlem and certain pockets of nyc

His first album was delayed two years so it sounded like a 1993 album that was released in 1995.

And him signing to ROC A Fella would have been a disaster. That was Jay Z trying to sign the competition to neutralize the threat (he tried to do the same with AZ, Sean Price and OC)

Lastly he’s not that impactful. The rapper whose impact he falls under will show up later on the list (Lil Wayne also falls under his umbrella)
It’s true that he may have benefitted from death but it’s irrelevant.

The talent was there and his debut album being dated by the time it came out isn’t his fault that’s label shyt and politics. His debut album was still quality and appreciated over time to become a stamped cult classic. He went onto influence rappers that came after him. So yeah he deserves the props he gets.

Jay didn’t view those people as threats lol.

Last edited:

qnsfinest

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
So Noyd gonna be higher than Deck, Guru, Sean P and Big L? :wow:
Now we’ve entered the double edged sword with Big Noyd. If he’s on the list, he’s ranked way to high. And if he’s not on it, its a shame he was left off.

This list has been absolutely trash. Going off their criteria, they have misranked multiple rappers. For example Guru, havoc, fat joe, trugoy are ranked way to low

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Now we’ve entered the double edged sword with Big Noyd. If he’s on the list, he’s ranked way to high. And if he’s not on it, its a shame he was left off.

This list has been absolutely trash. Going off their criteria, they have misranked multiple rappers. For example Guru, havoc, fat joe, trugoy are ranked way to low
He won’t be on it.

Top 100 off really one verse is crazy and yeah I heard his first album

qnsfinest

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
He won’t be on it.

Top 100 off really one verse is crazy and yeah I heard his first album
You crazy if you think he has just “one verse”. His debut episodes of a hustla was dope. He’s got a decent solid catalog, enough to be on top 100. But not top 50 or anything.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
I let the rifle roar
You just went right through your final door
I'll invite you off
Never did like you, a trifle fraud

Got damn remember when this shyt came out :ohlawd:

I PAID FOR 7 THIS NIKKA TRIED TO SELL ME 6
U CANT JERK ME I GOT MORE SCALES THEN FISH
NIKKAS MAD CUZ THEY CANT MAKE A SALE 4 shyt
WHEN IM ON THE BLOCK I MAKE MORE SALES THAN SPRINT

:wow:

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
The QB purple tape is The Infamous… :mjtf:
I call it the QB Purple Tape because it’s a Noyd solo album (the Purple Tape is a Raekwon solo album) but Prodigy has a verse on damn near every song (like Ghost has a verse on damn near every song on the Purple Tape) and the beats is wall to wall HOE era Hav (the Purple Tape was wall to wall RZA).

So there are too many similarities for me to not call it the QB Purple Tape.

The Infamous is The Infamous.