Meccapolis Top 100 New York Rappers List

Don Jesus

All Star
Daps
Big L quite possibly is the most overrated rapper in NYC history. If nikkas was this hype about him when he was alive he wouldn’t have still been in the hood

“Dead rappers get better promotion” - Jadakiss

The legion of white boys and internet dudes that nuthug him is annoying. When he was alive the height of his popularity was amongst Harlem and certain pockets of nyc

His first album was delayed two years so it sounded like a 1993 album that was released in 1995.

And him signing to ROC A Fella would have been a disaster. That was Jay Z trying to sign the competition to neutralize the threat (he tried to do the same with AZ, Sean Price and OC)

Lastly he’s not that impactful. The rapper whose impact he falls under will show up later on the list (Lil Wayne also falls under his umbrella)

DontEemTry

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Big L quite possibly is the most overrated rapper in NYC history. If nikkas was this hype about him when he was alive he wouldn’t have still been in the hood

The legion of white boys and internet dudes that nuthug him is annoying. When he was alive the height of his popularity was amongst Harlem and certain pockets of nyc

His first album was delayed two years so it sounded like a 1993 album that was released in 1995.

And him signing to ROC A Fella would have been a disaster. That was Jay Z trying to sign the competition to neutralize the threat (he tried to do the same with AZ, Sean Price and OC)

Lastly he’s not that impactful. The rapper whose impact he falls under will show up later on the list (Lil Wayne also falls under his umbrella)

Now I done heard some dumb shyt in my life but.... :dahell:

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps

Nah you fukkin wildin :mjtf:

I’ll admit I ain’t get on Big L music like that till after he passed which is wild because I used to live like 5 blocks from him when I was in HS :dwillhuh:

In 2000 I saw a few lines by him online and that made me check him out and I was mad I didn’t know bout him earlier. He woulda easily been in my top 10 if not 5 favorite rappers alive if I heard him in 97/98 :ehh:

And Big L influenced some of the best lyricists of the 2000s :sas2:

I remember copping Big Picture and every single verse had me like “damn this dude would prolly be the best rapper if he was still here :ehh:

I finally copped LOTPAD 5+ years after it dropped and it still sounded dope. I was still bumping it in the 2020s :ehh:

Aint no way BIG L is not at the very least in the top 20 best NY lyricists if not top 10 :mjtf:

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
where the fukk is Canibus even from? I’ve hear him rep Newark but never a borough in NY

Breh from outerspace dawg

HOW ELSE COULD SPIT THIS shyt :damn:

icegif-764.gif

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York

Slots 55 to 47

THE REBEL INS

Yeah, I leave scientists mentally scarred, triple extra large
Wild like rock stars who smash guitars
Poison bars from the gods bust holes in your mirage
And catch a charge shake 'em down like the riot squad
Invade your zone, ruin like ancient Rome
I span the universe and return to earth to claim my throne
The maker, owner, plus soul controller
Ayatollah rest in the sky, the cloud's my sofa
Stand like Collossus, regardless to whom or what
Numerous attempts at my life, so who to trust
Who but us, to supply you with the fire
The burning truth, 150 Absolut proof
On the mic like Moses spoke in golden scribe
Survivor of the oldest tribe whose soldiers died
I notified families, we shed tears and more
But our hands are the ammo cause the battle's still on
Sound the horn; we come rumblin through the function
Precise laser beam technique to touch somethin
When we die hard, to build the monument to honor us with
Humungous effect in the world, we could have conquered it

explosion.gif

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
Facts.

Ain't no logic to this sh*t, at all. Looks like they took 100 names and threw them sh*ts in a hat and picked blindly.
Yep, I see it too and his defence is "if you don't agree that's cool, if you dislike it then Unfollow me"
Same goes with more of these old dj's and artists on the Gram.