Meccapolis Top 100 New York Rappers List

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Lyrics are significantly a stronger metric with my criteria. Basically it’s a best lyricist list, but if the other criteria’s are strong enough it’ll put a average lyricist over a way better lyricist. half A mill was crazy lyrical, charismatic, and very creativity (enlightenment raps mixed with gangsta shyt diff then the way pac and prodigy did it). So he got the edge.

Those other guys you named def have albums, impact, and longetivity over Half tho. They just aren’t better than him lyrically

You can’t win with these type of lists though if I put Masta Ace above Half, there’s nikkas who was in High School in 1999 that would say half was way better than ace bc ace was a “backpacker” and was “old school” by that point (even tho ace had an independent resurgence in 2002).

So I accept all the criticisms bc it most stems from age divide opinions. NYC hip hop community is very divided
You're using that as a crutch. Nothing I said or what most people are saying other than the pop smoke arguments are about an age gap.

You should've called it best lyricists then because if you're considering those other things there is no justification.

For what it's worth, I respect the content.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
They’re old and out of touch nikkas who want the whole list to be boom bap’d out
you are trying to please everyone in the end you will not. i admire the effort but it is misguided

if the quality of the output don't match up then what are the rankings founded on. classics? skillset? impact? longevity? style? what is your main barometer or are you tallying overall.. because it seems to shift from one pick to the next. just give people a guide of what the basis of these selections is.

Don Jesus

All Star
Daps
You're using that as a crutch. Nothing I said or what most people are saying other than the pop smoke arguments are about an age gap.

You should've called it best lyricists then because if you're considering those other things there is no justification.

For what it's worth, I respect the content.

Wrong wrong wrong

Theres 4 to 6 diff generations of NY. It’s not just old vs new.

There are people who grew up to Half A Mill, Ali Vegas, 50, Cam, Mase, who could give a fukk about Masta Ace or a Buckshot or a Heavy D. Thats the age gap I’m talking about. So you cannot win bc it’s hard to satisfy both parties. They don’t care about how AG’s impact bc they mainly are focused on how DMX changed the game. Two diff generations even though it’s just 4 to 6 years apart

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Wrong wrong wrong

Theres 4 to 6 diff generations of NY. It’s not just old vs new.

There are people who grew up to Half A Mill, Ali Vegas, 50, Cam, Mase, who could give a fukk about Masta Ace or a Buckshot or a Heavy D. Thats the age gap I’m talking about. So you cannot win bc it’s hard to satisfy both parties. They don’t care about how AG’s impact bc they mainly are focused on how DMX changed the game. Two diff generations even though it’s just 4 to 6 years apart
That is true but I'm saying you're using that fact as a crutch for nonsense rankings.

Half a mil over CNN or Erick Sermon is just...wrong. based on YOUR criteria. These men are of the same generation with sermon having an earlier start. There is no generation gap between half a mil and the guys I'm taking about. They're just better. This isn't Melle Mel vs DMX or Rowdy Rebel.

Like I said, if you said top 100 lyricists you'd have something but you listed the criteria like it's balanced. Going forward...I know it isn't at all

Don Jesus

All Star
Daps
WSG & action Branson above Nature???

You fukking crazy

You’re stuck in the 90s

Nature has no classic albums. He just has a load of legendary features and could rap his ass off

WSG built a vision and brand that bought 90s nyc hip hop aesthetic back with a polish. And he used to be way more lyrical than he is now. He dumbed it down to let Benny and Conway shine

Action Bronson has been on an impeccable 15 year run quietly

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
WSG & action Branson above Nature???

You fukking crazy
Nah, Nature was average and never did much
Pap became a joke but don’t let that disregard he was a legit problem at one point. He just unfortunately came out in an era where people cared more about swag than lyrics. If he comes out in 1995 he’s one of the GOATs
But now we're talking hypotheticals. Papoose had a run of nothing but freestyles. No album, no hits, no memorable songs. Just some hot freestyles. He's basically a worse Canibus

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps

But now we're talking hypotheticals. Papoose had a run of nothing but freestyles. No album, no hits, no memorable songs. Just some hot freestyles. He's basically a worse Canibus

Lol..

A Tribe Called Quest ™

Make Em Say Ughh ... Silk da Shocker
Daps
Reppin
Chiraq

Papoose is legit ass, this dudes albums list was garbage too I’m not even from NY but you can tell dude.has biases. Nore is easily a top 50 NY rapper, who the fukk is listening to Canibus :mjlol: . shyt NORE prolly top 30 is we being real, A Boogie and Max B should be higher as well

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Papoose is legit ass, this dudes albums list was garbage too I’m not even from NY but you can tell dude.has biases. Nore is easily a top 50 NY rapper, who the fukk is listening to Canibus :mjlol: . shyt NORE prolly top 30 is we being real, A Boogie and Max B should be higher as well
You weren't there when papoose was lyrically, organically, making a name for himself. Ranking aside he belongs in the list.